British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King’s Lynn v Wolves 3/6/19

Although Proctor and Jorgensen haven't hit the road running, wouldn't it be a risk to bin fit rider's for an injured rider?!? 

Both can only get better and there was an improvement in both at home, points wise. 

Looking at the figures, it looks like we'll see June out and depending on form Riss could come back in for Kerr and be under 42.50 from July 1st.

10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Although Proctor and Jorgensen haven't hit the road running, wouldn't it be a risk to bin fit rider's for an injured rider?!? 

Both can only get better and there was an improvement in both at home, points wise. 

Looking at the figures, it looks like we'll see June out and depending on form Riss could come back in for Kerr and be under 42.50 from July 1st.

Don't think they would bin a fit rider for an injured rider:blink:i'm sure they would only bring Riss back when fit.Personally think the Cook signing was for another rider and not Riss,but when Riss got injured it was common sense to do it the way they have done it.

With the matches they have in June and the one at the end of May that counts towards the averages you would like the team average would take a slight dip,but who knows with the rolling avearges.I must admit i can't be bothered to go back over their last 20 matches,i will wait for the website to do that. 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Don't think they would bin a fit rider for an injured rider:blink:i'm sure they would only bring Riss back when fit.Personally think the Cook signing was for another rider and not Riss,but when Riss got injured it was common sense to do it the way they have done it.

With the matches they have in June and the one at the end of May that counts towards the averages you would like the team average would take a slight dip,but who knows with the rolling avearges.I must admit i can't be bothered to go back over their last 20 matches,i will wait for the website to do that. 

Tellboy for team manager is what i say  !! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Tellboy for team manager is what i say  !! 

Stop it lynnboy your making blush now:oops::lol:.

Although i am hoping to take redundancy in October and coupled with my work pension i can work part time.I will make sure i leave Monday's and Thursday's free next season just in case i get the call:lol:

Edited by tellboy
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Stop it lynnboy your making blush now:oops::lol:.

Although i am hoping to take redundancy in October and coupled with my work pension i can work part time.I will make sure i leave Monday's and Thursday's free next season just in case i get the call:lol:

Nice one Boss :P

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Safe to say you can stop quoting it for Jacob now. He must be 7 or 8 meetings back riding now . 

But only a week in UK:t:

On 6/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Safe to say you can stop quoting it for Jacob now. He must be 7 or 8 meetings back riding now . 

It depends upon the injury and the riders mentality. Lindgren, our best rider for more than a decade, had a bad smash and he was not as good for the whole of the next season. Other riders never get back to their previous level 

21 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

It depends upon the injury and the riders mentality. Lindgren, our best rider for more than a decade, had a bad smash and he was not as good for the whole of the next season. Other riders never get back to their previous level 

Are you talking about Freddies horror crash with Bjerre in the the 2017 semi final??? He came back in 2018 and had his best season ever, finishing 3rd in the GP series

37 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Fair point but that not would be "settling in" that would simply be failing to re capture form,which happens in all sports.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Are you talking about Freddies horror crash with Bjerre in the the 2017 semi final??? He came back in 2018 and had his best season ever, finishing 3rd in the GP series

No, i was thinking about one he had Monmore down the back straight, can't remember when. As to the semi final are you sure the Belle Vue rider was Bjerre ?

12 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

No, i was thinking about one he had Monmore down the back straight, can't remember when. As to the semi final are you sure the Belle Vue rider was Bjerre ?

You're right about the injury at Monmore, catapulted, literally bouncing on his head. It did take him some time to truly get back to his best after that.

Yes, it was Bjerre in the semi at Belle Vue. Bjerre was excluded.