British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies v Tigers, Yorkshire edition. 05/06.

good luck to the two comets that could not start the 2019 season with worky .josh (chunk) Mcdonald and tero  with give brum some bite .

patience is what is needed for these two guys to bed in . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

Radio link anyone ?

pair of gloves anyone ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

pair of gloves anyone ?

Interesting rule question. It appears that it's clear that you can't ride without gloves.

Someone said to me on Sunday at Leicester when wet shale was a problem to everyone but the race leader, that riding without goggles was against the rules also, despite some riders pulling them off during whilst racing. Can anyone confirm this please?

maybe during the summer months riders will be able to wear 3/4 length shorts  like the mechs do when they are racing .. naa , thought not .

basic health n safety mate . still howarth is still learning the trade . one day he will need his middle finger to wipe his 4r$e and it wont be there .his finger , not his 4r$e  !

what an absolute  doosh bag .

Edited by jenga

What an error by Howarth cost the Tigers

Roles reversed from Sunday then, pinched a win from the jaws of a defeat & now a loss in the later stages. Swings & roundabouts.

Good to see Ash doing well, think he once got a 15 pt max for us who aren’t there now.

Looks like I missed quite the contest. Wouldn't be to Harsh on Howarth for not wearing gloves, could have done little against Ellis & Morris from 15 metres.

King v Ellis live up to billing?

Aarnio beats Woffinden on Tuesday, scores 5 at Perry Barr a day later!?

How was the racing?

Have told better half I'm coming for Lions visit unless something gets in the way like this week, but I'm hoping to convince I can spend my last two days of AL (refreshes soon) in Torun & Grudziądz for Ekstraliga round 12. :D

Edited by Col

How is it possible for a rider to go out for a race and not wear gloves, if not the rider himself surely someone must've noticed.

The ref noticed , just wish they would enforce the rule of no hair hanging out of helmets after all certain riders get away with it , the ref should notice before a race as some spend ages off the bike digging up the track before the start !

7 hours ago, Col said:

Looks like I missed quite the contest. Wouldn't be to Harsh on Howarth for not wearing gloves, could have done little against Ellis & Morris from 15 metres.

King v Ellis live up to billing?

Aarnio beats Woffinden on Tuesday, scores 5 at Perry Barr a day later!?

How was the racing?

Have told better half I'm coming for Lions visit unless something gets in the way like this week, but I'm hoping to convince I can spend my last two days of AL (refreshes soon) in Torun & Grudziądz for Ekstraliga round 12. :D

The result was 'fantastic' ! The racing wasn't much to shout about (imo) ?

Gate and go ! 

I'm not convinced by the 'new' track curators ? Some of the race times were 2/3 seconds slower than the National League last season. FACT!

There was one or 2 heats of good team riding to bag 2nd/3rd places.....but team riding is a lot easier on a slick surface like last night.

I can only recall 2 passes worth mentioning?

Anyhow....

Great performances from Morris and Paco.....Shanes deserved more for his efforts....Stoneman got shafted in Heat 2 running in to a 'locked-up' Macdonald....I think both riders must've damaged their machinery because both were off the pace after their crash?

The flying Finn? looked comfortable and very controlled...just needs a couple of meetings to get dialled in.....couldn't of picked 2 harder meetings to kick off his season (Leicester next week)

Sheffield look a very solid side and it's a massive compliment to our boys for beating them!

What was that I hear??? Brummies for the 'wooden spoon' ??? Think again!!!

I thought it was a good meeting to be honest . Yes not a huge amount of passing granted but in most races you could  throw a blank over the riders as they crossed the line. Shanes and Adam were going so deep but just not quite finding enough to quite close the gap to the rider in front . Paco had to ride like crazy as he had an opponent only a bike length behind in most races.

The nature of how the scoring went and the fact that no one was ever tailed off made for a enthralling meeting in my humble opinion. Well i enjoyed it and so did the people around me.

Crowd was far more encouraging i was pleased to that . 

So after a poor/worrying start to the season it appears to be looking up for us now lets hope we can continue to build .

P.S Currently just outside the play offs on point difference.

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

it was a bloody good spot by the ref!!.

Howarth had already been excluded for 2 mins so was attempting to start off 15m when the he was excluded for 'no gloves'.  I believe this will count as 'ride' for Howarth in the averages as he was under starters orders... m