British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies v Tigers, Yorkshire edition. 05/06.

Rider Replacement for Zach tomorrow according to Sheffield Site.

With King's experience at no. 1, Howarth back and new man McDonald wanting to prove his worth, I get the feeling this might be the match which turns Sheffield's fortunes around. I fancy us for a win.

How fit is Howarth has he done some practice ? He came back too early last time   Hop he’s fully fit and josh settles in straight away 

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, James Shanes, Zach Wajtknecht R/R, Ashley Morris, Tero Aarnio, Paco Castagna, Nathan Stoneman.

SHEFFIELD: Danny King, Drew Kemp, Ty Proctor, Broc Nicol, Kyle Howarth, Zaine Kennedy, Josh MacDonald.

Aarnio in good form- just beat Chris holder from the back in Sweden

Edit gets better- just beat Woffinden fair and square !!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RS50 said:

Josh McDonald for Andersen

The Australian lad who started the season in the workington 1-7 ? How does that work then ? Is this a permanent switch ?

Assuming Howarth is fit all of a sudden this meeting looks like a absolute cracker to be honest ..

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

3 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

The Australian lad who started the season in the workington 1-7 ? How does that work then ? 

didn't start the season as Workington pulled out before it began so he is a free agent

5 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

didn't start the season as Workington pulled out before it began so he is a free agent

Yes i know that but still do not understand how he can ride in place of Anderson ? unless its a permanent switch .

Saw Josh ride at B'ham on press and practice day....he looked super quick...can't believe the Brummies didn't sign him first???

R/R for Zach??? not sure about that one....?  hope Laurence uses his R/R wisely ?

Edited by GiveusaB

12 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

Why didn't we sign him Laurence ?

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Why didn't we sign him Laurence ?

The Birmingham 1-7 was already selected when he was released.The first team changes we made ,were done to bring a number 1 in . The second change Aaarnio for Ulrich is an absolute no brainer . Both theses switches have been excellent moves and i think i am in the majority when i say that , 

So i can only assume you mean why not bring him in for Zach ?  My guess would be because we have around 7.8 points to play with for a replacement and would rather use them points than take a risk on 5 point assessed  rider . We have already tried one in Tobias and unfortunately never worked out .I  would guess that the Josh to Sheffield deal was done before we knew about the Zach situation possibly. If Josh is riding tonight i would guess the deal was done end of last week to give BSPA time to agree and pass team changes ready for tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's about time the sheffield team clicked into gear.It would be nice if all 7 put a shift in at the same time.Not confident we will but will be going there to support the team in hope we can get a win.

40 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

It's about time the sheffield team clicked into gear.It would be nice if all 7 put a shift in at the same time.Not confident we will but will be going there to support the team in hope we can get a win.

Good luck ,have a safe journey and i hope you enjoy your evening at Perry Barr .Lovely and dray all day and the sun has just popped out so should be a cracking meeting 46-44 the Brummies ..

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:43 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

No official team news as yet. 

Brummies can have a guest for Zach or run r/r .

Sheffield i am not sure what the situation is ,but i dont think you can have r/r for Anderson i think you can only have a NL guest unattached to a championship club.Sheffield on Sunday had a guest for Howarth in the shape of Todd Kurtz. 

It could be a pretty weak Sheffield team coming down which would be most disappointing .That said Danny King should rack up a huge score . 

Yes they could simply because Anderson is Danish riding in his home country fixture. Irrelevant now though.