British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich vs Peterborough June 6th 7.30pm

15 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Thought I said it before a wheel was turned.: no hindsight in sight. I was also right about the last bit going by your previous post:

What do you want a medal? Wright Nicholls and Tungate have all won countless races around Foxhall and on another night, RR could have proved ample cover. It certainly wasn’t the outlandish suggestion you’re making it out to be. As it turned out, it didn’t and you were proven correct. Congratulations. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

What do you want a medal? Wright Nicholls and Tungate have all won countless races around Foxhall and on another night, RR could have proved ample cover. As it turned out, it didn’t and you were proven correct. Congratulations. 

If you choose to post and/or quote then expect a response, it's not rocket science.

How many times did rohan pass Harris.     Still haven't seen Harris on the fast line at home

7 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Anyone with half a brain knew that the Panthers would struggle to get anything tonight without an in form Hans. 

Or.... anyone would know it was a good time to take on the witches who were missing a reserve good for 9-10 points and a heat leader good for 7.... those 16 points were replaced by 5 a difference of 11.

Admittedly you missed Hans and R/R got you 3

I would have said Hans would get say 12.... a difference of 9.

In my opinion Ipswich would have won by slightly more if both teams at full strength 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

How many times did rohan pass Harris.     Still haven't seen Harris on the fast line at home

And yet Rohan never took an R/R ride...

5 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Anyone with half a brain knew that the Panthers would struggle to get anything tonight without an in form Hans. 

I must have half a brain then as I thought it would be very close this evening. Garcia was always going to score next to nothing and Pieszczek was a miss as he’s pretty handy at Foxhall. After heat 10 it was anyone’s meeting and in the end, Panthers were only 2 points adrift of picking up a point. 

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In fairness I was rather impressed with Rohan’s crafty little moves up the inside, nicholls like Harris seemed rather taken aback by the speed Rohan was carrying off of the bends running such a tight line! Not one other rider tried/achieved the same tonight.

A good battling performance once again from the witches, Lawson looks to enjoy the pressure of no.1 on his back, impressive wins I ht13&15 which effectively stopped Peterborough gaining a point.

bellego scored some important points in the second half of the meeting but was woeful early on - you’d have thought he’s spent enough time now watching people in front of him going faster showing him the lines yet he still seems to ride different lines to everyone else!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Or.... anyone would know it was a good time to take on the witches who were missing a reserve good for 9-10 points and a heat leader good for 7.... those 16 points were replaced by 5 a difference of 11.

Admittedly you missed Hans and R/R got you 3

I would have said Hans would get say 12.... a difference of 9.

In my opinion Ipswich would have won by slightly more if both teams at full strength 

Think strumpet is a Witches supporter Gav. 

Just now, Steve Irving said:

I must have half a brain then as I thought it would be very close this evening. Garcia was always going to score next to nothing and Pieszczek was a miss as he’s pretty handy at Foxhall. After heat 10 it was anyone’s meeting and in the end, Panthers were only 2 points adrift of picking up a point. 

Panthers trying to use Hans missing as the reason they lost when Ipswich were further under strength 

Still not heard why Tungate never had an extra ride 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Foxhall already has a high clay content

Fair enough, like I said won’t pretend to be a track curator just pondering out loud!

dare I say perhaps there’s actually too much material on the track?? which adds to it becoming so tricky and choppy earlier on

Difficult conditions spoilt the spectacle rather. Hard work out there tonight with it very inconsistent but you couldnt tell where the patchy bits were as it looked perfect!!

Goid win and stopped the pussycats getting a point so some positives

Onwards and upwards.

If Nuts is out for any length of time Id pur RR at 2

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Fair enough, like I said won’t pretend to be a track curator just pondering out loud!

dare I say perhaps there’s actually too much material on the track?? which adds to it becoming so tricky and choppy earlier on

I understand after yesterdays rain the track was literally flooded with standing water yet by this afternoon was almost bone dry. Very difficult task to get it into any kind of order

Probably damp deepdown and a dry crust which then needed water but caused the patchy effect

Given the circumstances I think Bob did a sterling job

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I understand after yesterdays rain the track was literally flooded with standing water yet by this afternoon was almost bone dry. Very difficult task to get it into any kind of order

Probably damp deepdown and a dry crust which then needed water but caused the patchy effect

Given the circumstances I think Bob did a sterling job

I agree not easy. I was expecting it to be difficult as the weather was very similar to the 24 hours leading to the Wolves fixture. Heavy overnight rain then a dry day. We saw how tricky that made things against Wolves so tonight wasn’t such a surprise. 

28 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

In fairness I was rather impressed with Rohan’s crafty little moves up the inside, nicholls like Harris seemed rather taken aback by the speed Rohan was carrying off of the bends running such a tight line! Not one other rider tried/achieved the same tonight.

A good battling performance once again from the witches, Lawson looks to enjoy the pressure of no.1 on his back, impressive wins I ht13&15 which effectively stopped Peterborough gaining a point.

bellego scored some important points in the second half of the meeting but was woeful early on - you’d have thought he’s spent enough time now watching people in front of him going faster showing him the lines yet he still seems to ride different lines to everyone else!

Bellego says he wants to get better at Foxhall,, but as of yet I haven't seen him doing any practice.  Both him and Harris could do with following Danny and or Lawson or even Heeps around