British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich vs Peterborough June 6th 7.30pm

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought the track was in 'perfect' condition?!:o

Still despite being overwatered it was smooth no potholes you can lose small horse in like on the south coast ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought the track was in 'perfect' condition?!:o

It doesn't say condition - only that its a perfect shape!

I would tend to agree, since the changes to the track I think it is a great shape for Premiership racing!

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

You really think Josh would have scored much more than 2 + 1?

He rode as reserve at our place and got 2.....so highly unlikely he would have got much more from the harder number 3 position

Hans R/R got 3...................yet Ipswich only got 5 from replacements for KP and Allen....who would likely have been good for an awful lot more

Peterborough fans blaming the bad guest and r/r for their loss yet somehow forgetting how much Ipswich were weakened

KP and Allen at home this season have scored 13,13,20,13,11 (jake missed his last ride)

So we would normally have got 13 and we got 5 so we were 8 points down. Hans r/r got 3 so it evened out

This is all based on assuming that the missing riders would score exactly what your thinking, im sure if Peterborough had won and Ipswich's guests were poor Ipswich fans would bemoan the lack of some possible points.

38 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

This is all based on assuming that the missing riders would score exactly what your thinking, im sure if Peterborough had won and Ipswich's guests were poor Ipswich fans would bemoan the lack of some possible points.

Your missing the point

Some Panthers fans are saying that the loss of Hans cost them points......i would say obviously yes maybe 8 or 9 points

What im saying is that the loss of Allen and KP also cost Ipswich maybe 8 or 9 points.

Now obviously KP and Allen could have had bad nights and scored only 7 between them but all the facts point to them getting at least 13

But on the other hand Hans could have only scored 7 or 8 as well.

We can only go on what we know and that is that based on all known form both teams lost around 7 or 8 from the replacements thus making the scoreline probably correct

If Peterborough had of won last night with R/R only getting 3 and Ipswich only getting 5 from Garcia and R/R................then we couldnt moan about the guests because Peterborough had the same handicap..........it would have been another team member or 2 that would have cost us.....for example Lawson or King only getting 6 or 7

Basically if our replacements scored 12 or 13 and R/R got you only 3 and you lost by 8 then yes you could say you missed Hans score that could have had an impact.........likewise if our replacements scored the 5 and R/R for Hans got you 11 or 12 and we lost then yes we could moan about our guests and R/R

I doubt Hans would have scored many more if any more than 3,,,,he would gone out in heat one rode like a girl on a track like it was last night.   And then would have thrown his toys out his pram all night

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I agree. The point you're missing is that sometimes it's better just to read, chuckle and move on :)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I agree. The point you're missing is that sometimes it's better just to read, chuckle and move on :)

Another one that doesnt understand.....so yes im reading and chuckling at your response and moving on

Thought this was an interesting (and beautiful) picture from Jeff Higgott. This taken after the meeting, and just shows how much rain had fallen the previous evening and through the early hours of the morning. The track staff did well. 

The picture btw is taken from the infield half way down the back straight where Bob Ellis parks his tractor. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 4

On 6/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Thought this was an interesting (and beautiful) picture from Jeff Higgott. This taken after the meeting, and just shows how much rain had fallen the previous evening and through the early hours of the morning. The track staff did well. 

The picture btw is taken from the infield half way down the back straight where Bob Ellis parks his tractor. 

Thank goodness for that .......i initially wondered if it was turn 2 at Poole. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thank goodness for that .......i initially wondered if it was turn 2 at Poole. :rofl:

Hole aint big enough

• Haha 2