British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jeffster

Interesting entry rules for the 2019 Prague GP !

Thought this deserved its own topic, rather than being buried in the thread about the meeting itself :

http://www.speedway-prague.cz/zakaz-vstupu-s/

(The above is in Czech, English and German)

Mos of the stuff is common sense, such as weapons, drugs, etc.

But also it says that no bags or rucksacks are allowed, which I can see a lot of people failing inadvertently foul of...

Emailed the club, and it appears small bags / rucksacks are allowed :

Sent: 05 June 2019 12:23
To: Jeff Povey
Subject: Re: Položky, které nejsou povoleny pro Marketa pro Speedway Grand Prix / Items not allowed into Marketa for Speedway Grand Prix

Hello Jeff,

small rucksack (for pens, programme etc) will be allowed. The ban applies to large backpacks and suitcases. 

Best regards,
Eliška Rybenská
Stadion Markéta - sekretariát SGP a MLT

Auto klub Markéta při PSK Olymp Praha
U Vojtěšky 11, 162 01 Praha 6

2 hours ago, jeffster said:

Emailed the club, and it appears small bags / rucksacks are allowed :

Sent: 05 June 2019 12:23
To: Jeff Povey
Subject: Re: Položky, které nejsou povoleny pro Marketa pro Speedway Grand Prix / Items not allowed into Marketa for Speedway Grand Prix

Hello Jeff,

small rucksack (for pens, programme etc) will be allowed. The ban applies to large backpacks and suitcases. 

Best regards,
Eliška Rybenská
Stadion Markéta - sekretariát SGP a MLT

Auto klub Markéta při PSK Olymp Praha
U Vojtěšky 11, 162 01 Praha 6

Who takes a suitcase to a speedway meeting. :o

Just takes a bit of common sense and everyone should get in quickly and safely.

3 hours ago, screm said:

There is always one.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, screm said:

maybe they get a few who come direct from the airport.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, screm said:

Maybe people from Finland who stock up on cheap trainers and alcohol before going to the meeting :drink:

5 hours ago, iris123 said:

Maybe people from Finland who stock up on cheap trainers and alcohol before going to the meeting :drink:

Was on the ferry between Helsinki & Talinn a few years ago and there was a lot of people catching the ferry and stocking up in Estonia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iris123 said:

No point in flying back home with cheap beer....

5 hours ago, severnsider said:

Was on the ferry between Helsinki & Talinn a few years ago and there was a lot of people catching the ferry and stocking up in Estonia.

That was then. Now we drive to the Estonian/Latvian border, because Estonia decided to heal the world and raise alcohol tax about 70%. Latvia is late with that train so there are plenty alco superstores on the border. And we take the ferry and comeback with a van full of beer that cost about 40% compared to our local supermarket.

And since the amount of Finns travelling to Tallinn for the weekend dropped really bad, hotels struggling and all, they have withdrawn the last of the tax additions and are infact decreasing them with immediate effect. Good, since I’m going next weekend... :lol:

EDIT: As an example I pay 29€for a case of ”my beer” at the local. I get it in Tallinn/Estonia for 16-19 and in Latvia about 13-14 euros. And its Finnish beer.

Edited by f-s-p

On 6/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, screm said:

If you go to any big event the clowns with no common sense seem to be out on day release.

For example I went to see Muse in London. As usual a week or two before the event a reminder was emailed out with do's and dont's. As usual there was a queue of people with rucksacks the size of which would do for a week's walking in the Lake District. After a long wait and a search they were allowed in.

I'm surprised they don't arrange a temporary cloakroom at £10 per bag. Easy and extra money for the organisers and those who don't think the rules apply to them would hopefully learn not to be a twonk the next time.

54 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

If you go to any big event the clowns with no common sense seem to be out on day release.

For example I went to see Muse in London. As usual a week or two before the event a reminder was emailed out with do's and dont's. As usual there was a queue of people with rucksacks the size of which would do for a week's walking in the Lake District. After a long wait and a search they were allowed in.

I'm surprised they don't arrange a temporary cloakroom at £10 per bag. Easy and extra money for the organisers and those who don't think the rules apply to them would hopefully learn not to be a twonk the next time.

a friend went to the NFL in USA where no bags were allowed.  It was $10 to leave the bag in a safe room.  

• Like 1