British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Edinburgh Saturday 15 June, 7pm

2 hours ago, penchev said:

I am sure the Berwick fans will be delighted to see you.

... wonder if a justgiving page could cover the cost of an exclusion order :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Dodds said:

... wonder if a justgiving page could cover the cost of an exclusion order :rofl:

mmmmmmmm thank you lollollollol

20 hours ago, bjcol said:

well at last prices  come down at Berwick so I will re turn  very nice

I wont be at the Edinburgh meeting so I was about to offer you the use of my season ticket but as you are going anyway there`s no point now.

Enjoy you night I `m sure everyone will be pleased to see you.;)

1 hour ago, screm said:

I wont be at the Edinburgh meeting so I was about to offer you the use of my season ticket but as you are going anyway there`s no point now.

Enjoy you night I `m sure everyone will be pleased to see you.;)

no good for offer of your season ticket now when prices have at last come down  but thanks any how

20 hours ago, penchev said:

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Hello. BJCol must be popular for some reason!!

22 hours ago, mikebv said:

Hope they get a big crowd...

Maybe charge Edinburgh fans a fiver, or even free? to try and get a few there to add a bit of spice and atmosphere.

And get some emails and mobile numbers off those home fans who attend to target them with offers in the future...

It's a big jump from a tenner to seventeen quid and expect all to return the week later...

Maybe do some further reduced tickets to those enticed in to get them back into the habit of attending Speedway..

Hope it generates some good short and long term returns..

The mistake so many often make is they have no follow up to nights like this and just think all will return again and pay full price the week later..

Be great to see if Berwick can use it a launch pad to further innovative plans to keep punters coming in..

Great to see some 'promotion'....

You can’t charge visiting fans less than home fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. BJCol must be popular for some reason!!

well would not say that mmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

You can’t charge visiting fans less than home fans.

Of course you csn...

If you want them there...

And you dont get anywhere near the same atmosphere, and therefore sense of occasion, without them..

Hence. Football does it too...

Edited by mikebv

Good gesture by Promotion, if it is a success the only answer is to continue it for the rest of the season.I personally think it was a mistake to up the admission at the start of the season and also charge kids ,but appreciate they were trying to balance the books and be financially viable.Tough times in the sport.

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Good gesture by Promotion, if it is a success the only answer is to continue it for the rest of the season.I personally think it was a mistake to up the admission at the start of the season and also charge kids ,but appreciate they were trying to balance the books and be financially viable.Tough times in the sport.

Totally agree especially with the lowering of the team points limit

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

yes  I agree to this some people cant afford £17 so don't go it would be better getting less money and seeing them every week

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mikebv said:

Spot on..

Only give out their tickets at Edinburgh...

No e tickets, no postage etc..

And do it when Berwick are not there!;)

Maybe to ST holders first up to reward their loyalty and then if any left to anyone who wants one..

The sport desperately needs rivalries to create that much needed atmosphere which it is so devoid of at so many tracks..

So time to create it..

Its amazing how a great meeting lives no time in the memory when played out in front of one man and his dog..

And vice versa. You seldom come away from Cardiff thinking 'that wasn't good' because you were surrounded by lots of people and the atmosphere is great, even if the racing isn't for example, a patch on the NSS..

A chance for Berwick to showcase themselves and hopefully it forms part of  a longer term much more detailed marketing plan on the back of it, as it won't mean everyone just turns up again at the next meeting.

As has been proved several times around the country when other clubs have done this and crowds just drop back to normal after the special offer...

It should be the starting point of a longer term marketing plan, not the only marketing plan..

Best of luck to them..

Another simple solution for example is the scorpions are at Newcastle on the 16th so the Newcastle promotion could say to scunnys promotion,, season ticket holders half price and any other travelers £13.00 including program..  just wondering how many would take up the offer

• Like 1

It's good to see the promotion trying to attract people, not just with this offer but the other stuff they've been doing , at least they're trying to get the message out there which is great to see . Maybe if they handed out some flyers at Armadale at The Scottish Open  that might help get a few more Edinburgh fans to travel I hope it's a success, they certainly deserve a wee break going their way for all their efforts , my only worry is will it entice enough extra fans to make up the shortfall 500 people paying £7 less is a lot of cash to drop , its 300 + extra paying customers needed to cover the loss   I can't honestly see any club attracting that many new fans not with the current state of the sport in the U.K. 

Edited by DSC67

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Of course you csn...

If you want them there...

And you dont get anywhere near the same atmosphere, and therefore sense of occasion, without them..

Hence. Football does it too...

Really? I thought Newcastle and Arsenal in particular were infamous for charging away fans more and giving tiny allocations of tickets to away fans. Worked security at a lot of Midlands grounds and can honestly say not one of them charged visiting fans less than home fans. Really think the concentration is on people in the Borders and in particular Berwick. Any Edinburgh fans would be considered a welcome bonus but the focus has to be on people locally who used to come and say that they now don't because it is too expensive. Well on this night it's not so hopefully we'll see them again.