British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Edinburgh Saturday 15 June, 7pm

3 minutes ago, bjcol said:

when did they changethat rule when there was a rained off match u could use the ticket for any of the next 3 meetings mmmmmmmmmm

Yes but last Saturday`s admission was a promotional one, you can still use your ticket for this Saturday`s meeting all you have to do is make up the difference, still a good deal IMO. Though I must admit as someone who only went as a one off because of the cheaper price do you not think it was a bit daft to go into the stadium when there was rain around. Of course you could give your ticket to a friend and let them use.

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Yes but last Saturday`s admission was a promotional one, you can still use your ticket for this Saturday`s meeting all you have to do is make up the difference, still a good deal IMO. Though I must admit as someone who only went as a one off because of the cheaper price do you not think it was a bit daft to go into the stadium when there was rain around. Of course you could give your ticket to a friend and let them use.

Tough ask that ... finding a friend

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Tough ask that ... finding a friend

I was thinking that as I posted though surely there must be one, even a pretendy one who wants to save a bit of money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

I was thinking that as I posted though surely there must be one, even a pretendy one who wants to save a bit of money.

perhaps he can take his pretend friend to a pretend speedway meeting after they've finished their pretend jobs and then go home to their pretend loved ones:rofl:

On 6/12/2019 at 5:41 PM, bjcol said:

you wish bud hope to see the cheapest and best speedway in Scotland on sat night bring it on 

Looks like Col knows his weather.

11 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

It might be worth noting, if that meeting was held on the Continent, it would have been on, with that amount of rain.  Unfortunately UK has got to the stage where 'LOOK THERE'S A SPOt IN THE SKY'  cancel the meeting.

I Agree with that.

9 hours ago, screm said:

As I wasn't there last Saturday I can't comment or judge on track conditions from last Saturday, but what is beyond argument is that meetings are either called off or abandoned far quicker now than in years gone by. Maybe it's the tracks that can no longer hold water, maybe it's the amount of dirt, or lack of, maybe it's the bikes, maybe is a bit of everything, but nowadays people simply don't bother making the effort in going when there is rain around.

Different material used nowadays. Looking at the track pre meeting it looked washed out,nothing there to bind together. Hardly surprising the amount of rain that fell, especially Thursday.

23 hours ago, crescent girl said:

You weren't at the Scottish Open, then? 

Quite apart from Theo carrying a higher CMA than either of them. 

But the question was put to Lygonlad, from whom we'll await an answer..... 

Pijper higher than 5.68? Are you sure? Must of went up an awful lot in September

15 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Pijper higher than 5.68? Are you sure? Must of went up an awful lot in September

"Speedwaygb" has Pijper on 5.49 at the end of last season.

still people get in for nowt this must stop now before it is to late due to the lack of funds mmmmmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, bjcol said:

still people get in for nowt this must stop now before it is to late due to the lack of funds mmmmmmmmmm

Many sponsors get free admittance  because they put much larger amounts into the club, most are not freeloaders. The only thing I would question is allowing them to remain in the pits area while the meeting is in progress.  If they are allowed in for free they should be made to watch from the stand area, this would eliminate the suspicion they were freeloading, as people like yourself would not be able to identify them.

Just now, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So under Gappmaier’s average then

Pijper belongs to Edinburgh ,loan fess etc, personal terms Theo’s longtrack commitments  come into equation ,the Promotion just don’t have the cash IMO.

39 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So under Gappmaier’s average then

Gappmaier had an average of 4.84 when signed this season.

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Gappmaier had an average of 4.84 when signed this season.

Gappmaier has a current(11-6-19) Green Sheet Average of 5.68.