British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Edinburgh Saturday 15 June, 7pm

31 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

if thats the case, the lad has increased his average, what more could you ask for

As has already been mentioned Gappmaier ended last season/started this with an average of 4-84, currently he sits on an average of 5-68 so as you say he has increased his average almost all of which will be down to some big home scores, match winning home scores even. His weakness is away from home and zero scores are no good to anybody, I`ve no problem with making a change, Ive no problem in Gappmaier being that change, but please lets hope Theo Pijper is not part of those changes, if he is as good as one or two think surely he would be riding somewhere else by now, he isn't for a reason.

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

if thats the case, the lad has increased his average, what more could you ask for

Away to Edinburgh 0, 0, 0

Away to Newcastle 0, 0, 0 and 0, 0, 0

Away to Eastbourne 1 (beat Jenkins), 0, 1 (beat Leon), 1 (3 rider race), 1 (beat Leon), 0

Away to Leicester 0, 0, 0

That is 5 out of 7 away meetings this season he has failed to beat an opposition rider, on a 5.68 average. This is his 4th season now for Berwick, no excuses anymore

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Away to Eastbourne 1 (beat Jenkins), 0, 1 (beat Leon), 1 (3 rider race), 1 (beat Leon), 0

That is 5 out of 7 away meetings this season he has failed to beat an opposition rider, on a 5.68 average. This is his 4th season now for Berwick, no excuses anymore

But the point you were making regarding Pijper average being lower at the start of the season is incorrect.

Just now, Fromafar said:

But the point you were making regarding Pijper average being lower at the start of the season is incorrect.

I never made that point? What are you on about? Crescent girl said he had a higher average than Gappmaier and so couldn’t be replaced, which isn’t true.

5 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I never made that point? What are you on about? Crescent girl said he had a higher average than Gappmaier and so couldn’t be replaced, which isn’t true.

apologies,I though you were referring to start of season.Theo couldn’t have replaced Gappmaier then, and stay under the points limit

35 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

If Gappmaier has no more excuses after 4 years over here, what of Pijper, he`s been racing over here since 2002, and has a lower average than Gappmaier.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, screm said:

If Gappmaier has no more excuses after 4 years over here, what of Pijper, he`s been racing over here since 2002, and has a lower average than Gappmaier.

But won’t be an absolute embarrassment at half of our meetings, doesn’t have to be Pijper, I’m open to others, you clearly don’t go to away meetings which is absolutely fine, but when you have to watch him consistently half a lap behind and getting beat off NL riders when he can beat Craig Cook at home, it’s the most frustrating thing in the world

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

But won’t be an absolute embarrassment at half of our meetings, doesn’t have to be Pijper, I’m open to others, you clearly don’t go to away meetings which is absolutely fine, but when you have to watch him consistently half a lap behind and getting beat off NL riders when he can beat Craig Cook at home, it’s the most frustrating thing in the world

To be honest we are on the same page regarding Gappmaier`s scoring away from Shielfield, apart from Sheffield has not been good enough and if the club were to make a change then Gappmaier could have few complaints but the Gappmaier we see away from home is not the same Gappmaier we see at home and at the end of the day there are several hundred attending home matches with just several attending away matches. I`m afraid I just dont see Pijper as the answer, yes he did well last season, but I dont see him as the answer this.

2 hours ago, screm said:

To be honest we are on the same page regarding Gappmaier`s scoring away from Shielfield, apart from Sheffield has not been good enough and if the club were to make a change then Gappmaier could have few complaints but the Gappmaier we see away from home is not the same Gappmaier we see at home and at the end of the day there are several hundred attending home matches with just several attending away matches. I`m afraid I just dont see Pijper as the answer, yes he did well last season, but I dont see him as the answer this.

I’m just going on the fact he was outperforming Gappmaier at the end of last season imo, but you could be completely right, but tbf, there seems to be a shortage of 5 point riders without a club as I can’t really think of anyone to replace Gapp or Coty unfortunately, saying Coty as well because realistically he should be scoring more at reserve than he is, Leon is outscoring him most meetings despite Leon being the junior with no pressure and Coty being the senior reserve effectively meant to be carrying Leon, as Campton did for Bickley last season when Workington won the league.

9 hours ago, screm said:

I feel Gappmaier was a lock in purely because he’s an asset to save a loan fee

• Like 1

22 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Him replaced. He flatters to deceive.