British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Scottish open 7/6/19 @7.30pm

New format this year 12 riders 2 semi finals and final compared to the 16 rider field. 

Sam masters no longer riding thanks to the powers at be once again showing their true colours by not allowing him to ride in meeting. Until it becomes an independent body the sport will continue to be a joke.

The quote on the website from John Campbell states: "The problem is all to do with what tracks Sam is allowed to ride on in the UK." This suggests that Sam is not allowed to ride at Armadale, but he's already ridden there this season on April 12th for Wolves.

4 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Its not Armadale specifically, I don’t believe Sam’s visa allows him to double-up. When he rode for Wolves earlier in the season he was riding for his own Club.

Okay, thanks. Any idea why some riders have visas that don't allow doubling-up while others do?

But he’s also rode at Leicester and Redcar neither with wolves. Certain people at the BSPA have an issue with the club, same person who wouldn’t allow us to sign becker last year.

1 minute ago, eide67 said:

Okay, thanks. Any idea why some riders have visas that don't allow doubling-up while others do?

Employment visa's can be very specific and can dictate what type of meeting a rider can appear in. For example it can state a rider can only ride in meetings in which his employer ( club ) is competing in, also at what level ( league ) he can appear in.

The BSPA also have their own rules on Premiership contracted riders ( Masters ) appearing at lower level meetings and fees used to have to be paid but I believe this has now been wavered.

25 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

But he’s also rode at Leicester and Redcar neither with wolves. Certain people at the BSPA have an issue with the club, same person who wouldn’t allow us to sign becker last year.

Leicester for the Ben Fund, Redcar for Ben Barker’s testimonial, neither of which meetings are paid - I expect that’s the difference.

49 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Leicester for the Ben Fund, Redcar for Ben Barker’s testimonial, neither of which meetings are paid - I expect that’s the difference.

how would it be if Sam was to waive payment, but receive sponsorship 'donations'?

Personally feel like if it was any other club it wouldn’t be a problem. Ever since Alex stepped down we’ve had nothing but issues with the BSPA. 

Also I see there is a young Aussie over riding in an individual at Somerset but I take it that’s slightly different as he’s not attached to a club? 

Edited by Mr Blobby

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

I would assume that the participating riders in the Peter Craven Memorial Meeting held at BV  on 30th March would be paid.

Included in those appearing were Justin Sedgmen (Edinburgh) & Broc Nicol (Sheffield).

I believe that JS is riding under a CL- only visa,  and perhaps MC member Damien Bates can clarify if Nicol is riding under a CL -only visa also:rolleyes:

If this is correct, what is the difference between Masters riding in a paid Individual meeting in a League not covered by his visa at Edinburgh, to that permitting Nicol & Sedgmen to do so at Belle Vue?

Edited by cyclone

Nothing meeting.  Similar line up to last season but with less riders.  Yes good to see the old favorites back but a meeting I don't mind missing.  

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

I would assume that the participating riders in the Peter Craven Memorial Meeting held at BV  on 30th March would be paid.

Included in those appearing were Justin Sedgmen (Edinburgh) & Broc Nicol (Sheffield).

I believe that JS is riding under a CL- only visa,  and perhaps MC member Damien Bates can clarify if Nicol is also riding under a CL -only visa :rolleyes:

If this is correct, what is the difference between Masters riding in a paid Individual meeting in a League not covered by his visa at Edinburgh, to that permitting Nicol & Sedgmen to do so at Belle Vue?

Edited by cyclone

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Personally feel like if it was any other club it wouldn’t be a problem. Ever since Alex stepped down we’ve had nothing but issues with the BSPA. 

Is this another way of saying we could do what we liked when Alex was in charge 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Is this another way of saying we could do what we liked when Alex was in charge 

No, since Alex has left the rules seem to change or get worded different depending on what club it is. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

No, since Alex has left the rules seem to change or get worded different depending on what club it is. 

A ken what you mean like