British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Scottish open 7/6/19 @7.30pm

13 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

No, since Alex has left the rules seem to change or get worded different depending on what club it is. 

No different from before then - perhaps the change has been which clubs benefit.......:)

16 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Personally feel like if it was any other club it wouldn’t be a problem. Ever since Alex stepped down we’ve had nothing but issues with the BSPA. 

Also I see there is a young Aussie over riding in an individual at Somerset but I take it that’s slightly different as he’s not attached to a club? 

The lad Cook has a patriality.  On the bigger question, it is without doubt the case that since the BSPA changes, the rules are changed to suit those and such as those - the Worky/Lakeside Friday fixture cancellations last season being a prime example. 

Just love a good conspiracy theory , you just can't beat them on here.

On 7 June 2019 at 2:37 PM, crescent girl said:

The lad Cook has a patriality.  On the bigger question, it is without doubt the case that since the BSPA changes, the rules are changed to suit those and such as those - the Worky/Lakeside Friday fixture cancellations last season being a prime example. 

On 7 June 2019 at 2:37 PM, crescent girl said:

The B.S.P.A. Is simply run on the basis of who has the most ' influence ' gets what he wants.

Change of Race night fiasco was a prime example when messers Godfrey and Dickson shouted the loudest and moved to Friday nights shafting Edinburgh , Peterborugh and Workington ( who asked for Friday's ). 

Godfrey changed the rules on marking of tracks by the Refs half way through the season as his track/ stadium was continually marked down by them due to the many issues there.

No promoter can own more than one track?

we all know what's happened with that one!

20 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Change of Race night fiasco was a prime example when messers Godfrey and Dickson shouted the loudest and moved to Friday nights shafting Edinburgh , Peterborugh and Workington ( who asked for Friday's ). 

Godfrey changed the rules on marking of tracks by the Refs half way through the season as his track/ stadium was continually marked down by them due to the many issues there.

Scunthorpe used to race on a Friday then moved to Sunday for a few years then back to a Friday. Why did it shaft Edinburgh? They have been a Friday track for years!

Changing of track marking by referees, I would have thought it would be a SCB issue & not a BSPA. Please, name the issues?

8 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Scunthorpe used to race on a Friday then moved to Sunday for a few years then back to a Friday. Why did it shaft Edinburgh? They have been a Friday track for years!

Changing of track marking by referees, I would have thought it would be a SCB issue & not a BSPA. Please, name the issues?

Edinburgh were obviously against Glasgow riding on the same race night but Glasgow waved their cheque book and threatened legal action so got what they wanted. Scunthorpe had no seniority on Friday nights and should have been treated as a new race night but as Workington and Peterborough were not present at the AGM , guess who got what he wanted?

The SCB have been ' over ruled ' by the BSPA mafia on several occasions recently leading to the ACU asking questions. Guess who the BSPA liaison officer is to the SCB and he actually appointed himself!

Issues..air fence not fully inflating, exposed metal barriers around perimeter, no working telephone to Ref's box, faulty lighting , no practice start area, no designated curb line. Club ' announcer ' barracking the ref during the meeting ( guess who?) All and more were listed on the SCB's Ref's reports during the season hence the low marking received by the track. Whilst the track continually produces good racing it has a few potential dangerously exposed Armco barriers and when the air fence is dislodged that's what a rider hits.

As Mr.Godfrey constantly states, Stock cars subsidises the speedway at the track so it's that sport that dictates the stadium and its fittings.

• Like 1

Are we good to go tonight then ? 

Appears that track is in good nick on FB & forecast is for  warm & dry weather  also.

No changes to published field has been announced

A wee reminder why I stopped going to these individual meetings 

I dislike the 12 heat , 12 rider individual... cheepskate meeting instead of the traditional 20 heats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I dislike the 12 heat , 12 rider individual... cheepskate meeting instead of the traditional 20 heats

The meeting format was quite bizarre with riders racing against the same rider more than once in the qualifying heats , plus some riders , at one point , had completed three rides while a couple only had completed the one . 

When I wrote my previous comment , I was bored stiff . The opening half a dozen or so heats were pretty turgid affairs , but the meeting did get better as it progressed , culminating in a terrific final where Richie Worrall just pipped Rory Schlein by a tyre width. 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

Edinburgh were obviously against Glasgow riding on the same race night but Glasgow waved their cheque book and threatened legal action so got what they wanted. Scunthorpe had no seniority on Friday nights and should have been treated as a new race night but as Workington and Peterborough were not present at the AGM , guess who got what he wanted?

The SCB have been ' over ruled ' by the BSPA mafia on several occasions recently leading to the ACU asking questions. Guess who the BSPA liaison officer is to the SCB and he actually appointed himself!

Issues..air fence not fully inflating, exposed metal barriers around perimeter, no working telephone to Ref's box, faulty lighting , no practice start area, no designated curb line. Club ' announcer ' barracking the ref during the meeting ( guess who?) All and more were listed on the SCB's Ref's reports during the season hence the low marking received by the track. Whilst the track continually produces good racing it has a few potential dangerously exposed Armco barriers and when the air fence is dislodged that's what a rider hits.

As Mr.Godfrey constantly states, Stock cars subsidises the speedway at the track so it's that sport that dictates the stadium and its fittings.

workington were @ the AGM !

On 22 June 2019 at 11:43 PM, jenga said:

workington were @ the AGM !

Not at 2017 AGM when Glasgow and Scunthorpe changed to Friday's for 2018.

Neither were Newcastle , who were fined for non attendance or Peterbrough who were ' suspended ' over the who said what fiasco  despite the other individual involved still sitting on the top table.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:27 PM, Fortythirtyeight said:

The B.S.P.A. Is simply run on the basis of who has the most ' influence ' gets what he wants.

No promoter can own more than one track?

we all know what's happened with that one!

BIG LETTERS FOR A BIG person . HOW DID WORKINGTON ASK FOR FRIDAY RACE NIGHT , WHEN THEY WERE NOT THERE . ?  i think that was 2017 . i am sure there was a good reason and it was important family matters .( nothing to do with night nurse ) lol 

did you know we won the treble in 2018 ? laff that off mutley .ha ha.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Not at 2017 AGM when Glasgow and Scunthorpe changed to Friday's for 2018.

Neither were Newcastle , who were fined for non attendance or Peterbrough who were ' suspended ' over the who said what fiasco  despite the other individual involved still sitting on the top table.

BTW. we never attended the 1991 agm either . 

Edited by jenga