British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Newcastle 8/6/19

Tomorrow sees the Diamonds visit Arlington for the first time in donkeys years. The weather looks better on saturday compared to today. Hopefully it will be a decent meeting.

Lewis Kerr is to be confirmed.  Missed Kings Lynn match last night with shoulder nerve problem from that accident a couple of weeks ago.

If he is unavailable do Eagles get a Guest or is it r/r  ?

It should be a home win but r/r would make it a much closer match.

Highlights the risk of building a team with 3 top heat leaders and a weaker bottom 4 if one of the 3 is missing. 

Looking at Kerr's average could have pick of some real talented CL Heat Leaders as get 5% increase at home, so may be stronger having Guest if he is not 100%

So reverse is true as backs up logic of 3 strong top 3...as you would not have to bring in 2nd strings like Brummies have b4 Adam Ellis signed for us. In fact Adam is one of a host who would qualify as a Guest.

Eagles 52 - 38 

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Looking at Kerr's average could have pick of some real talented CL Heat Leaders as get 5% increase at home, so may be stronger having Guest if he is not 100%

So reverse is true as backs up logic of 3 strong top 3...as you would not have to bring in 2nd strings like Brummies have b4 Adam Ellis signed for us. In fact Adam is one of a host who would qualify as a Guest.

Eagles 52 - 38 

Be great to see Adam back at Arlington

5 hours ago, HGould said:

_So reverse is true as backs up logic of 3 strong top 3...as you would not have to bring in 2nd strings like Brummies have b4 Adam Ellis signed for us. In fact Adam is one of a host who would qualify as a Guest.

Eagles 52 - 38 

Only if a Guest is allowed, not if compelled to go r/r  which was the whole point of the question (Unanswered). Are they permitted a guest for missing 3rd heat leader or are they forced into r/r ?? 

5 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Only if a Guest is allowed, not if compelled to go r/r  which was the whole point of the question (Unanswered). Are they permitted a guest for missing 3rd heat leader or are they forced into r/r ?? 

Art 18.8 details all the facilities available - for missing riders 1-3 by MA either RR or a guest is available at the TM’s discretion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 18.8 details all the facilities available - for missing riders 1-3 by MA either RR or a guest is available at the TM’s discretion.

Many Thanks, That means in Eastbourne's case it should be better to have a guest even at home and most certainly away.

They almost have the pick of the crop tomorrow should they decide but I have a feeling they will go r/r and take a chance.

1 minute ago, Hunters said:

Many Thanks, That means in Eastbourne's case it should be better to have a guest even at home and most certainly away.

They almost have the pick of the crop tomorrow should they decide but I have a feeling they will go r/r and take a chance.

I think you're probably right, in the past that seems to have been the preferred route, sure a lot of it's financial, extra points paid to the current team must be far cheaper than a top line guest like Adam Ellis. 

Quite a gamble for Eastbourne though especially with the tail of the team. you have to think that if it was a higher respected opposition  or a KOC match then a guest would have been used? What would the long term financial implications be of another home defeat?

50 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I think you're probably right, in the past that seems to have been the preferred route, sure a lot of it's financial, extra points paid to the current team must be far cheaper than a top line guest like Adam Ellis. 

I'd be extremely shocked if Adam was on the kind of deal Lawson and Kennett are on as they have far longer top flight track records. In fact take Glasgow out of the reckoning and I'd think Eagles top 3 would cost as much as any other top 3 elsewhere??..if Kerr is out think his wages would pay for most likely alternatives and new promotion at Arlington don't strike me as penny pinching amount of social media and advertising they are doing???

I'm not sure how it works, just assumed if home riders take extra rides, would pay for the extra points won (hopefully) but a guest would be paid to ride plus points scored?

Eagles site - Lewi Kerr is fit to ride.

2 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Eagles site - Lewi Kerr is fit to ride.

Good news:t:

No ones fault obviously but kinda knew this would happen. With nothing next Friday either and next meeting scheduled 21 June ! That will be nigh on 5 weeks without a wheel turned in anger at Scunny. And this supposed to be the height of the speedway season. Its hardly got going at all ? and thats not purely down to rain offs ?.

If I look back to my Halifax days promoter Eric Boothroyd would very probably have staged 10-+12 home fixtures by this time of the year. Scunny have managed six this far.

It feels like the season has never really got underway. This and the difficulties being experienced with the team; injuries; retirements and no shows. 

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

I'm not sure how it works, just assumed if home riders take extra rides, would pay for the extra points won (hopefully) but a guest would be paid to ride plus points scored?

nearly all CL riders will be paid set amount contracted for points and bonus, highly unlikely a Guest would get paid a fee plus points.

so if injured rider is on £x most likely Guest will get same deal - so no saving