British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Newcastle 8/6/19

Can't see the Diamonds getting much down at Eastie, but hopefully they have a nice day out.

I was going to go to Leicester tonight but pouring in the Midlands and no respite due until late afternoon; I need a speedway fix so a trip down to Arlington I think and an unexpected chance to spend tomorrow with my brother in Folkestone.

Weather looks fine down South - should be a decent meeting.

33 minutes ago, HGould said:

I was going to go to Leicester tonight but pouring in the Midlands and no respite due until late afternoon; I need a speedway fix so a trip down to Arlington I think and an unexpected chance to spend tomorrow with my brother in Folkestone.

Drying up here now, in not so sunny Surrey.

14 hours ago, HGould said:

nearly all CL riders will be paid set amount contracted for points and bonus, highly unlikely a Guest would get paid a fee plus points.

so if injured rider is on £x most likely Guest will get same deal - so no saving

Depends on the agreement between the rider and the club he's guesting for.  What the injured rider he is replacing earns has got absolutely nothing to do with any arrangement made.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Depends on the agreement between the rider and the club he's guesting for.  What the injured rider he is replacing earns has got absolutely nothing to do with any arrangement made.

considering they are like for like swaps then likely amount guest gets will be similar to what injured rider got. :o 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Drying up nicely in Sussex...still blowy

30 minutes ago, HGould said:

considering they are like for like swaps then likely amount guest gets will be similar to what injured rider got. :o 

As I say, not always the case.

Some guests want a guarantee, for a start. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Absolutely correct.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

A lot of the time guests will ask for more because they know they sort of have you over a barrel on a few occasions. But you are  correct every deal is done on a one off individual basis and the earnings of the rider he is replacing bears zero relevance.

21 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

Eagles site - Lewi Kerr is fit to ride.

should be a max from him then if he is FIT to ride !

4 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

A lot of the time guests will ask for more because they know they sort of have you over a barrel on a few occasions. But you are  correct every deal is done on a one off individual basis and the earnings of the rider he is replacing bears zero relevance.

I've dealt with a promoter who used to allow his rider to guest for us, but also state the terms so we are not paying him more than he was.

Good safe meeting to all the riders and hoping for an Eagles win,but I think it could be reasonably close....

Mmmm got that wrong,,,,easy...still that's great for the boys a good pay day too....

8 hours ago, jenga said:

should be a max from him then if he is FIT to ride !

Suggest you give these forums a rest. 

Your club has gone --- it's been six months.

Best now for you to grieve in private.

8 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Suggest you give these forums a rest. 

Your club has gone --- it's been six months.

Best now for you to grieve in private.

what , and let people like you think you have beaten me . give over , its a forum and even fans with no clubs are  putting input into  a forum like this . good or bad ! 

• Like 1