British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne v Newcastle 8/6/19

Funnily enough it’s been in the programmes fixture list as a 7.30pm start on Sunday 30th up until just recently.

I shan’t be going, as much as I support Eastbourne speedway, I’ve never enjoyed an afternoon fixture and each time I regret parting with my cash. It also mucks up the day, whereas an evening fixture gives you the whole day to do things and then go to speedway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, woofers said:

Funnily enough it’s been in the programmes fixture list as a 7.30pm start on Sunday 30th up until just recently.

I shan’t be going, as much as I support Eastbourne speedway, I’ve never enjoyed an afternoon fixture and each time I regret parting with my cash. It also mucks up the day, whereas an evening fixture gives you the whole day to do things and then go to speedway.

With a 4am alarm call for work the following morning, some of us appreciate the early start. Having worked on the speedway operation at Wimbledon for many years, i fully understand the difficulty in preparing a track for an afternoon meeting.

Wouldn’t a Friday evening be a better option ? Probably better track with less dust, no school or work issues the following day for most.

Edited by woofers

4 hours ago, woofers said:

Wouldn’t a Friday evening be a better option ? Probably better track with less dust, no school or work issues the following day for most.

I do prefer evening's at Arlington, but even with the dust think the crowd will be bigger on a Sunday afternoon than a Friday night, at the moment that's the name of the game so can't see it being altered. I'll be going wearing glasses and not my contact lenses! Mind you, if this weather continues throughout June, dust won't be too much of a problem. 

Edited by gazzac

I don't know what it's like round Sussex on a Friday night; but Leicester do tend to have a decent away following; and surely travel is a lot easier on a Sunday afternoon (home and away) than Friday night or late on a Sunday night home if night match with school and work to come. I'm used to be pretty knackered by Friday night after a week at work too.

No dust at all down there at weekend track was very good. Some dirt and no dust.

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Just looked, we're away at Redcar on Friday 14th, home on Sat 22nd and away to Scunthorpe on Friday 28th, so Fridays are out anyway, and Leicester already have a home fixture on Sat 29th. So Sunday 30th it is, think it'll be a bumper crowd again.

Edited by gazzac

Guest Loose Diamond
20 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Oh dear Wooffers thanks for the heads up on the Sunday Afternoon staging  :(  Shame .  

Wont go to that then - be a dustbowl.  Still I expect they will get a good crowd of youngsters along ...... 

Is there a water shortage on Sundays then?

Guest Loose Diamond
Just now, Loose Diamond said:

Is there a water shortage on Sundays then?

It does not seem to take much to put people off going to speedway now