British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justathought

Leicester v Edinburgh 8/6/19

WATLING JCB LIONS: Scott Nicholls, Ellis Perks, Kyle Howarth, Ryan Douglas, Richie Worrall, Jack Thomas, Connor Mountain. Team manager: Stewart Dickson
EDINBURGH: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Paul Starke, Joel Andersson, Cameron Heeps, William Lawson, Luke Ruddick. Team manager: John Campbell. 

If this rain doesn't stop soon it might be an early morning call off being as it is Edinburgh. :( 

Edit.......Being as there is such a lot of interest in this match :shock: I will restore my comment from yesterday, which I hid because I didn't want to be pessimistic. However.  it's still raining this morning and I can't see this being on. No word yet from the management but even if it's on the racing on the soaked track won't be very good so I have made an early decision myself ~ I am not going.

Edited by Gemini
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gemini said:

If this rain doesn't stop soon it might be an early morning call off being as it is Edinburgh. :( 

Edit.......Being as there is such a lot of interest in this match :shock: I will restore my comment from yesterday, which I hid because I didn't want to be pessimistic. However.  it's still raining this morning and I can't see this being on. No word yet from the management but even if it's on the racing on the soaked track won't be very good so I have made an early decision myself ~ I am not going.

It's pouring still about 30 miles away from Leicester and as i have relatives in Kent have decided to venture down to Eastbourne instead as their website says meeting is in no danger (credit them for regular updates).

If you are in South Midlands or further South and were considering one or the other tonight I'd definitely head further South to Sussex.

1 minute ago, Happy Hunter said:

Forecast for Leicester is rain stopping in an hour or so and then fine.

The forecast I've seen says stopping at 17:30

Either way you've got to wonder after the amount of rain we've had both yesterday and today what forecast they've been looking at... especially after calling a meeting off earlier in the season based on a forecast when no rain came at all, if they've not called it off by now surely they're not going to

1 minute ago, Shale Searcher said:

The rain will stop at around 14.30, then its clear until the early hours of Sunday.. 

God has spoken :rofl:

Heavy rain right now a couple of miles from the track. After rain for most of the last 24 hours, even if it stops before this evening, is the track going to be in a good enough state for decent racing?

It's finally stopped in south Leicestershire 

Well good luck to all the optimists but I am sticking with my decision I'm afraid. So many aches and pains these days and I have even had to order a 'tilt and lift' recliner now so I can bloody get up. :D I can't face being out in the damp and cold tonight. Hope it's a good meeting. 

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Well good luck to all the optimists but I am sticking with my decision I'm afraid. So many aches and pains these days and I have even had to order a 'tilt and lift' recliner now so I can bloody get up. :D I can't face being out in the damp and cold tonight. Hope it's a good meeting. 

To say I empathise with this is an understatement. That is why I am in Edinburgh and not dashing down the country as I did for so many years (and enjoyed at the time).

• Like 2