British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton v Peterborough Premiership Monday June 10th

33 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

That wouldn't of suited our "top riders" Cook (who rides for Glasgow) Lambert (knows Glasgow's track after riding in the Championship) Harris (who rides in France). But lets send Charles to a track he has never ridden and see how he gets on. Lambert should of been sent to Germany tonight due to his previous upbringing on German tracks and sent Charles to Glasgow and we could of had 4 riders in the challenge rather than the 3 which I suspect we will. But I hope Charles proves me wrong and qualifies tonight.

No doubt our two biggest draws were allocated to Glasgow to boost the crowd. Can’t see that the gate would have been as big with two of Harris, Bewley and Wright. 

Bright sunshine in Wolverhampton at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No doubt our two biggest draws were allocated to Glasgow to boost the crowd. Can’t see that the gate would have been as big with two of Harris, Bewley and Wright. 

Valid point - certainly Harris would not have been a great draw for Glasgow fans :)

Id expect there was a pecking order with the riders choosing and its likely Wight had Hobsons.....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Because this is Speedway and it’s not that well organised 

That's even an overstatement

56 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Silly question,but do they get to decide which rider goes where for the GP qualifiers,or is it drawn?

Alun Rossiter as GB Manager picked who rode where. At least that is what he said on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.

43 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Because this is Speedway and it’s not that well organised 

Sorry, meant to say" that's even an understatement"

Does the re-scheduling for July 22nd make it a double header with the Supporters Cup fixture?

Can't  wait ....:rolleyes:

Still bright sunshine in the city centre but the city has just issued a "Yellow" weather warning from today until Thursday.

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Rohan Tungate has put on  his instagram story, "Just got on the plane and rained off, not my week"

http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3644 - confirmed now

He will have to stay in and put his feet up in front of the fire then :)

21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He will have to stay in and put his feet up in front of the fire then :)

Is he normally there when the fire is on then,,,,, I just thought he liked to warm the place up 

We may have had what could just about be classified as a shower in Wolverhampton shortly before 18:00 but it didn't last long & nowhere near enough rain fell for the meeting to have been called off.

12 minutes ago, Col said:

We may have had what could just about be classified as a shower in Wolverhampton shortly before 18:00 but it didn't last long & nowhere near enough rain fell for the meeting to have been called off.

Don't know were in wolves you are? But where I am near the  track it's raining heavy so right call......

Still dry, there is no way this meeting couldn't have been completed.

The heavens have opened now.