British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton v Peterborough Premiership Monday June 10th

11 hours ago, Col said:

Still dry, there is no way this meeting couldn't have been completed.

Quite surprised about that, I live about 10 miles away and it started raining about 6.30pm and hasn't stopped since

Well I do live about 5 miles North-East of Monmore, but took the dogs for a walk in East Park which is right by Monmore after work.  There was certainly not a spot of rain while I was there, a bit of a shower on the way home but then nothing until 22:00 when it did start hammering it down.  I do understand why the club cancelled the fixture considering the forecast.

The problem the clubs have is the large cost of having a meeting postponed after all the riders and staff are present.

If a meeting is rained off we have all seen posts wanting to know why they didn't cancel earlier, very often those posts are from people who also object to an early cancellation! 

On the other hand we have all seen forecasts that show dreadful weather and the club cancel early only for the forecast to be proved totally wrong at which point the posts flow saying they were wrong to cancel so early! Seems the promotions are damned either way! 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

The problem the clubs have is the large cost of having a meeting postponed after all the riders and staff are present.

If a meeting is rained off we have all seen posts wanting to know why they didn't cancel earlier, very often those posts are from people who also object to an early cancellation! 

On the other hand we have all seen forecasts that show dreadful weather and the club cancel early only for the forecast to be proved totally wrong at which point the posts flow saying they were wrong to cancel so early! Seems the promotions are damned either way! 

Given the awful forecast it was the sensible thing to do

2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

6 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

A key issue is whether the fans would turn out given consistent awful weather forecasts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I totally agree with you.