British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton v Peterborough Premiership Monday June 10th

14 minutes ago, crazyb said:

Why not cancel the match.   It shortchanges the public but when has promoters ever thought of fans. There are enough dates in the calendar for re-runs: we have less than half the meetings we used to have, even for taking into account the tracks have other things on such as greyhounds

Trouble is we got the spoons sharing our Mondays.

I was going to pop over to this meeting until i seen the Panthers line  up .Christ alive this meeting wont be enjoyable for anybody will it a complete drubbing unfortunately. For those who go i hope i am wrong . 

And some fans think guests should not be allowed, just draft in your nos 8, 9, 10 in this case ....

5 hours ago, Trees said:

And some fans think guests should not be allowed, just draft in your nos 8, 9, 10 in this case ....

Or alternatively...

Just re-arrange the meeting...

And maybe do it on a night that doesn't clash with an FIM meeting...:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Lefty said:

Agreed. Guest for a number one should be mandatory. 

Or...

Allow the second and third best riders in the team take all his four rides between them..?

Unless the manager thinks someone else might score more..?

All riders below the No1 should be able take as many of his rides as needed up to a max of seven each per meeting..

At present the two Second Strings are scheduled to take two of his rides, which isn't much of a plan..

• Like 2

Sadly the Peterborough team now confirms top league speedway in Britain is a £10 admission sport. 

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

Or alternatively...

Just re-arrange the meeting...

And maybe do it on a night that doesn't clash with an FIM meeting...:rolleyes:

Not easy to do for Wolves who track share with Cradley. The GP meeting really should have been on Saturday like all the others so it didn’t interfere with any league racing.  

Also why dont they look at riders commitments when deciding who rides in which Qualifier, Charles Wright could of ridden at Glasgow or in France and been able to still fulfill his Peterborough fixtures commitment without the need of a guest, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Also why dont they look at riders commitments when deciding who rides in which Qualifier, Charles Wright could of ridden at Glasgow or in France and been able to still fulfill his Peterborough fixtures commitment without the need of a guest, 

That wouldn't of suited our "top riders" Cook (who rides for Glasgow) Lambert (knows Glasgow's track after riding in the Championship) Harris (who rides in France). But lets send Charles to a track he has never ridden and see how he gets on. Lambert should of been sent to Germany tonight due to his previous upbringing on German tracks and sent Charles to Glasgow and we could of had 4 riders in the challenge rather than the 3 which I suspect we will. But I hope Charles proves me wrong and qualifies tonight.

• Like 2

Silly question,but do they get to decide which rider goes where for the GP qualifiers,or is it drawn?

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Because this is Speedway and it’s not that well organised 

12 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Silly question,but do they get to decide which rider goes where for the GP qualifiers,or is it drawn?

The way I understood it to be we have 5 slots, 2 at Glasgow, the 1 at all of the others in, France, Germany and Slovakia. And its down to the organisation to decide, I may be wrong.