British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Your chance to make things right

On 10/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, racers and royals said:

Sportowefakty are reporting that a decision is expected in December. they are reporting that Eurosport events/Discovery group could involve themselves with Onesport if they get the contract which is for 10 years from 2022, with Onesport taking over the building of the temporary tracks.

What are the positives in this change?

How much better will the tracks be if OneSport takes over building them

I translated the Poltorak article from Sportfaty and she seemed happy. Something about stagnating series and now new ideas will make things better.

Wonder how they make it better in an enviroenment thats in decline all over?

1 minute ago, f-s-p said:

I translated the Poltorak article from Sportfaty and she seemed happy. Something about stagnating series and now new ideas will make things better.

Don’t shoot the messenger !!!!

certainly Chorzow hasn’t produced any decent racing for OneSport yet !!

Eurosport events are bound to (with Onesport assistance maybe) have some new ideas.

The biggest change could be the TV contracts as Eurosport in Europe must be in prime position to show the GP’s from 2022, which won’t please Canal plus(Poland) etc. 

8 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Well the one thing mentioned was making it available on Eurosport rather than pay tv. 
Remains to be seen really whether they can put new life into the series and bring new venues and new sponsors in.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Eurosport events are bound to (with Onesport assistance maybe) have some new ideas.

The biggest change could be the TV contracts as Eurosport in Europe must be in prime position to show the GP’s from 2022, which won’t please Canal plus(Poland) etc. 

Wasnt my intention...

Eurosport 2 is pay tv over here. Chorzow -> exactly. Only other big meeting I’ve seen a ”roller” mid meeting is the first Warsaw meeting. So in my mind packing a track with one mid meeting is not something classified as a first class track.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

NO actual evidence (at this stage) that One Sport will be involved although the Polish propaganda machine otherwise known as sportowefakty thinks otherwise.

16 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO actual evidence (at this stage) that One Sport will be involved although the Polish propaganda machine otherwise known as sportowefakty thinks otherwise.

Do you think that any BSI employees will be head hunted  by Eurosports events at the end of 2021 ?

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Do you think that any BSI employees will be head hunted  by Eurosports events at the end of 2021 ?

MOST BSI employees don't hang around for more than two years. They see BSI/IMG as a stepping stone. The exception is Gemma Fordham, an absolute diamond who would be invaluable.

4 hours ago, norbold said:

Does that mean I can cancel my BT Sport contract?

That’s of interest to me as well.   When I subscribed to Sky a few years ago I used Plusnet to get BT for speedway. But broadband then in my area was 1.2mbps on a good day, very poor.    Much to my surprise Openreach came round to my countrified area and put Superfast Fibre bband in and via BT I get 72mbps plus I subscribe to BT sport to get speedway.  BT have not released super fast fibre to any other supplier, so I will have a choice to make, do I stick with BT for super fast broadband and loose Speedway TV , or move to superSlow broadband and go to where I can get whatever channel speedway GP’s are on.  
I can live without British speedway but would really find it hard without the GP’s.

• Like 1

Seems a bit far fetched that U could cancel a sub because something MIGHT happen two years from now. But you can naturally try.

14 hours ago, norbold said:

Does that mean I can cancel my BT Sport contract?

Unlike with British Speedway the switch to Eurosport for the GPs does not take effect until 2022. The next two seasons will still be on BT Sport. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Seems a bit far fetched that U could cancel a sub because something MIGHT happen two years from now. But you can naturally try.

I certainly did not mention cancel.... I am on a contract, I just need to watch end of my contract date in conjunction with contract dates if no longer showing on BT.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

There was a report yesterday which did suggest it wasn't certain after previously suggesting One Sport were certain to be involved 

Not sure I am happy about BSI no longer being involved, I think they have been great for the Series. Certainly dont like the thought of them running it the next 2 years knowing the series will soon no longer be theirs. Cant imagine there will be a great deal of effort regarding new venues etc!

Edited by RPNY

13 hours ago, RPNY said:

Not sure I am happy about BSI no longer being involved, I think they have been great for the Series. Certainly dont like the thought of them running it the next 2 years knowing the series will soon no longer be theirs. Cant imagine there will be a great deal of effort regarding new venues etc!

Where exactly are the new venues everyone is after?

Middle-East, Spain and United States are mentioned... Really?

• Like 2