British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Your chance to make things right

So no one is interested in buying the SGP rights for a few quid, make everything better compared to the current setup and best of all, NOT KEEP ANY OF THE MONEY MADE but put it back in to the sport. Naturally only in the UK.

:rofl::party::o

Maybe nobody will be interested in buying ...... 

How it is done now is more than acceptable to me ( yes a few imperfections ) but they are close to getting it "right".

Buster Chapman is said to be interested but not in the part that was suggested: " not to keep any of the money made".

Although if he did that he could buy all of the "top" league UK clubs and switch the riders around as a whim came to him. Very Nero like.

18 hours ago, Trees said:

Maybe nobody will be interested in buying ...... 

Without knowing better, I’d say IMG wants to continue, even on the current deal but no one else is interested.

Is ONE SPORT showing no interest to get it? Would surprise me if there wasn't any Polish company making an offer to get the FIM Speedway rights.

Think I read somewhere that a couple companies are interested.

IMG, One Sport, Eurosport Events, and another one.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

On 6/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, DutchGrasstrack said:

Think I read somewhere that a couple companies are interested.

IMG, One Sport, Eurosport Events, and another one.

THAT is true other than it maybe two other companies. No one seems to be taking On e Sport seriously (no money apparently) but a FIM decision is expected in August.

IMG's current contract doesn't expire until the end of the 2021 campaign so it is possible that they will be running the SGP for two years knowing that they will be handing it over to another company at the duration. Very odd...

12 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THAT is true other than it maybe two other companies. No one seems to be taking On e Sport seriously (no money apparently) but a FIM decision is expected in August.

IMG's current contract doesn't expire until the end of the 2021 campaign so it is possible that they will be running the SGP for two years knowing that they will be handing it over to another company at the duration. Very odd...

If I'm wrong, please say so, but OneSport was created to copy paste the SGP format and run SEC with it. If it was just that, then fine, but all the bullrubbish and politics aimed against FIM and IMG a few years back has not been forgotten. So in away I can't see them taking over SGP, but then again FIM did give WSL to the never heard promoter that was taking it to Berlin and Dubai...

It was a longer process than a decision in August, I did read the letter...

...and yes, it's not all bad what OneSport does. 

4 hours ago, f-s-p said:

If I'm wrong, please say so, but OneSport was created to copy paste the SGP format and run SEC with it. If it was just that, then fine, but all the bullrubbish and politics aimed against FIM and IMG a few years back has not been forgotten. So in away I can't see them taking over SGP, but then again FIM did give WSL to the never heard promoter that was taking it to Berlin and Dubai...

It was a longer process than a decision in August, I did read the letter...

...and yes, it's not all bad what OneSport does. 

THE issue with One Sport is, I believe, money. IMG are a multi-national company under the umbrella of an even bigger USA corporation that could be about to go 'public.' Eurosport Events are part of the Discovery group, no money issues there. And one of the other potential bidders seem to have all their eggs in a row, too.

Sportowefakty are reporting that a decision is expected in December. they are reporting that Eurosport events/Discovery group could involve themselves with Onesport if they get the contract which is for 10 years from 2022, with Onesport taking over the building of the temporary tracks.

Edited by racers and royals

From the FIM Press Release:-

Speedway: A tender was launched during the third trimester of 2019 for the promotion of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix World Championship for 2022-2031. Various offers were submitted to the FIM Board of Directors, who chose after much consideration to sign with Discovery / Eurosport Events as their proposal was the most interesting and innovative from a sports, development and TV coverage point of view. The FIM would like to thank BSI for its dedication and hard work and hopes to collaborate with them again in the future.