British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Belle vue v Peterboro 13th june thursday

1 minute ago, DBP said:

Dead right even netball has now overtaken speedway

Promoters know best...

Peterborough taking an absolute pasting here.

Literally looks like they can’t be bothered 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Which goes to show that its not always the case of the most so called entertaining track in the country that attracts people though the turnstiles

Spot on ..Always been a myth about great racing bringing in crowds just like Weekends ..Weather and decent names  bring crowds in .

• Like 1

Who will the Panthers field in HT 15 :o Not that it will make a difference.

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 minutes ago, acef said:

Peterborough taking an absolute pasting here.

Literally looks like they can’t be bothered 

Them and the many Aces fans who stayed away..

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wow....

Those words alone should send shivers down promoters' spines Phil...

If you think about 700 is better than you expected then it speaks volumes as to where the sport currently is..

Better than I thought but not what I wanted. When your average crowd is only 1300-1500 then when it rains I dont expect much. 

Speedway is what it is l. A 2nd rate sport now

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

Better than I thought but not what I wanted. When your average crowd is only 1300-1500 then when it rains I dont expect much. 

Speedway is what it is l. A 2nd rate sport now

I think you need to add one or two numbers to your rating Phil...

3rd rate at a push, but 4th more realistic..

(In Britain obviously)..

2 minutes ago, orion said:

Spot on ..Always been a myth about great racing bringing in crowds just like Weekends ..Weather and decent names  bring crowds in .

Once upon a time maybe but even decent names do not put bums on seats. In the past you would look at teams and certain riders (Mark Loram, Tony Rickardsson, Tomas Gollob, etc.) and possibly make the effort to go along to a meeting but nowadays no one on the circuit can make a significant difference to the attendance in this country. Time to go back to basics and re-build and stop kidding anyone that the top names will want to flock back to U K speedway. They are not interested unless you are paying over the odds which only serves to top up the lucrative income from the European circuit. When will the powers that be realise U.K. speedway cannot compete at league level and it needs to reinvent itself and turn its back on Europe

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

Once upon a time maybe but even decent names do not put bums on seats. In the past you would look at teams and certain riders (Mark Loram, Tony Rickardsson, Tomas Gollob, etc.) and possibly make the effort to go along to a meeting but nowadays no one on the circuit can make a significant difference to the attendance in this country. Time to go back to basics and re-build and stop kidding anyone that the top names will want to flock back to U K speedway. They are not interested unless you are paying over the odds which only serves to top up the lucrative income from the European circuit. When will the powers that be realise U.K. speedway cannot compete at league level and it needs to reinvent itself and turn its back on Europe

Wrong attitude .we  been going back to basics for the last 20 years .cut it's cloth etc etc ..as you can see it's  not worked .. You need stop kidding yourself that people want to watch juniors etc . 

• Thanks 1

Big one for BWD there. Went over the top.

Collarbone I would think.

One to write off for the panthers 

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Wrong attitude .we  been going back to basics for the last 20 years .cut it's cloth etc etc ..as you can see it's  not worked .. You need stop kidding yourself that people want to watch juniors etc . 

It's currently £25 for me and my lad to watch 'juniors'...

What would they need to charge me therefore to watch Woffy et al?...:o

Simply not going to happen...

32 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't know why Palm Toft bothered taking the booking 

A chance to make a few quid, and he isn't going to turn it down. Another day he might of got 6 or 7. I'm sure he rode his best.

What do you expect really, riding at number 1.

MPT riding at No.1   1,0,2,1..... 4

Bates at 2      R,2,0,0..... 2

Scott at 3      2,0,0,f...…. 2

Wright at 4     1,1,1,3,1..... 7

Tungate at 5      1,2,x,ef..... 3

Summers at 6     1,0,1,2..... 4

BWD at 7      2,3,1,0,f..... 6

Can't blame MPT for taking a booking. You might have a case for who booked him.

Edited by Bald Bloke