British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Belle vue v Peterboro 13th june thursday

17 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Well he shouldn't have bought the club in the first place . he took the top two averaged riders away even before a wheel had been turned to furnish his other two outlets and he  thinks fans are going to accept it .He certainly made me think I could make better use of my money elsewhere .

It could be worse.

Up to and including                        
  Thursday, June 13, 2019                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Belle Vue 10 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 489 411 23
2 Ipswich 7 4 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 329 301 17
3 Peterborough 10 3 1 1 0 1 0 1 3 429 471 14
4 Poole 7 2 0 1 0 0 2 2 0 327 303 12
5 Wolverhampton 7 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 301 329 10
6 Swindon 6 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 265 275 8
7 King's Lynn 7 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 290 340 6

33 minutes ago, orion said:

Wrong attitude .we  been going back to basics for the last 20 years .cut it's cloth etc etc ..as you can see it's  not worked .. You need stop kidding yourself that people want to watch juniors etc . 

I did not say juniors. The sport as a whole does not revolve around GP riders and over rated gate and go merchants. It is not going back to basics either but frankly Doyle and his ilk have no place in U K speedway. In any other business model they would have priced themselves out of the market and U K speedway simply cannot afford them but not here. They add nothing to the credibility of the sport or numbers through the gate and as long as promoters kid themselves that these guys are the answer to the renaissance of UK speedway then it has no chance of a revival. People also have short memories, you deride juniors but all your so called super rider heroes/star attractions were once juniors plying their trades and had to start somewhere. They were not instant stars or a success. No wonder the sport is on its knees if that is all you want you see. Why be an up and coming rider trying your best if you are to criticised at every step until you make it as a heat leader or GP participant. 

• Like 6

Just now, Hawk127 said:

I did not say juniors. The sport as a whole does not revolve around GP riders and over rated gate and go merchants. It is not going back to basics either but frankly Doyle and his ilk have no place in U K speedway. In any other business model they would have priced themselves out of the market and U K speedway simply cannot afford them but not here. They add nothing to the credibility of the sport or numbers through the gate and as long as promoters kid themselves that these guys are the answer to the renaissance of UK speedway then it has no chance of a revival. People also have short memories, you deride juniors but all your so called super rider heroes/star attractions were once juniors plying their trades and had to start somewhere. They were not instant stars or a success. No wonder the sport is on its knees if that is all you want you see. Why be an up and coming rider trying your best if you are to criticised at every step until you make it as a heat leader or GP participant. 

Top riders don't have nothing to do with crowd levels or the credibility of the sport .. omg ...You best ring the people who run the gp's .tell them to replace all the top riders with juniors . Look how much money they could make . the same crowds with liitle costs .Phone Poland while your at it .

Just now, orion said:

Top riders don't have nothing to do with crowd levels or the credibility of the sport .. omg ...You best ring the people who run the gp's .tell them to replace all the top riders with juniors . Look how much money they could make . the same crowds with liitle costs .Phone Poland while your at it .

Your are not doing like for like comparisons. Each has its own level and frankly you are making quotes which have no relevance to U.K. speedway. U K speedway neither has the public interest , significant sponsors or is markets itself as an attractive investment proposition particularly when compared to Poland or the GP’s or even the European championship. U K speedway is on its knees because of the head in the sand attitude of the governing body. All in all U.K. speedway cannot afford top riders, cannot afford to run on on anything other than weekends and cannot run with the finicky supporters who currently grace in fewer and fewer numbers the terraces because it is league racing or nothing. Without supporters attending meetings because of the sport as opposed to the team, how on earth are up and coming riders going to get the training and competitive racing they need.  Ask yourself why so many have deserted their local tracks. Rest assured few if any of the top riders will make any difference to the numbers attending and in the U K that local hero and team has been shafted in an attempt to chase the holy grail. RIP U.K. speedway if that attitude continues.

22 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If the sport wants to remain professional then it absolutely does revolve around the top riders. I'm not suggesting there isn't a place for juniors, just have a look at the how the Polish do it,  but the majority is driven by the worlds best riders and that can then offer more appreciation of the juniors.

The reality is the sport here is absolutely knackered. 

I don't think it matters what happens next. It's on life support and about to go.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Just sat here in tears. My girlfriend is asking me what's wrong.

Grow up for gods sake.

41 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It could be worse.

Up to and including                        
  Thursday, June 13, 2019                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Belle Vue 10 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 489 411 23
2 Ipswich 7 4 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 329 301 17
3 Peterborough 10 3 1 1 0 1 0 1 3 429 471 14
4 Poole 7 2 0 1 0 0 2 2 0 327 303 12
5 Wolverhampton 7 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 301 329 10
6 Swindon 6 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 265 275 8
7 King's Lynn 7 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 4 290 340 6

Or...

Ipswich +5

Poole +3

Kings Lynn +3

Belle Vue +2

Swindon -1

Peterborough -1

Wolverhampton -2

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

He has normally been riding at reserve though rather then number 1.

True, though being reserve hasn't stopped him troubling our heatleaders in either Leicester or King's Lynn colours in the past. I needn't have worried as he had a shocker tonight. 

Pleased to see Wells have a good night, hopefully that form will continue. 

A word for Wilson-Dean, was a heavy landing, hope he recovers soon. 

46 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Your are not doing like for like comparisons. Each has its own level and frankly you are making quotes which have no relevance to U.K. speedway. U K speedway neither has the public interest , significant sponsors or is markets itself as an attractive investment proposition particularly when compared to Poland or the GP’s or even the European championship. U K speedway is on its knees because of the head in the sand attitude of the governing body. All in all U.K. speedway cannot afford top riders, cannot afford to run on on anything other than weekends and cannot run with the finicky supporters who currently grace in fewer and fewer numbers the terraces because it is league racing or nothing. Without supporters attending meetings because of the sport as opposed to the team, how on earth are up and coming riders going to get the training and competitive racing they need.  Ask yourself why so many have deserted their local tracks. Rest assured few if any of the top riders will make any difference to the numbers attending and in the U K that local hero and team has been shafted in an attempt to chase the holy grail. RIP U.K. speedway if that attitude continues.

I ask and know many people who deserted there local track and the answer  is  always the same .. the standard of the league ( riders ) got weaker .. As I said you are the person who's head is in the sand if you think better riders don't bring in better crowds .. that is the attitude and mind set that is killing speedway 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

It also doesn't help when they do zero promotion of any event...

It doesn't matter what day you run if you don't advertise yourself..

The SoN did a great job locally in getting the message out there and got rewarded with a full house..

As you quite rightly say, the Aces need Friday and Saturday...

What a poor attendance tonight which once again proves the BV ‘promoters’ are frankly useless. Smith and Lemon are just hired hands picking up wages and have no idea of how to run a speedway club. As you say Mike they don’t promote the club or any meetings, they are lazy and complacent. British speedway is in terminal decline and the same goes for BV. The deluded people running the sport and clubs are 100% to blame, not the fans or the fans who have had enough and walked away. Badly run businesses more often than not go bust and that’s what’s happening to Speedway. The plain truth is the future for the sport is very bleak and sadly more clubs will go to the wall this year. 

2 minutes ago, orion said:

I ask and know many people who deserted there local track and the answer  is  always the same .. the standard of the league ( riders ) got weaker .. As I said you are the person who's head is in the sand if you think better riders don't bring in better crowds .. that is the attitude and mind set that is killing speedway 

You are right, but if we did that now, then it would be goodnight Vienna within a season. 

That is financial suicide.

I actually agree with both of you. 

Speedway has got itself into such a mess it doesnt matter now if we try to go back to a premium product or cut even more costs and go amateur.

Chapman is pulling any string he can to keep a tv deal because that is the current life line. It'll keep churning away YOY for another few seasons in it's current state as long as it hangs on to that deal.

I really think the problem with speedway in this country is really, really simple. People just dont like it. We have gone through a generation change from the sports hay day and we haven't recycled the fan base.

You could go amateur. You could put the best 7 riders in the world into a team. I dont think it will matter.

• Like 2

Big City, best stadium, one of the best tracks in the world. I'm guessing here, but a tiny town like Lynn probably get almost as many fans.

Surely the NSS can attract a lot more fans if advertised right.It's not even footy season.

If BV can't :(

Buster is trying, but flogging a dead horse.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, acef said:

You are right, but if we did that now, then it would be goodnight Vienna within a season. 

That is financial suicide.

I actually agree with both of you. 

Speedway has got itself into such a mess it doesnt matter now if we try to go back to a premium product or cut even more costs and go amateur.

Chapman is pulling any string he can to keep a tv deal because that is the current life line. It'll keep churning away YOY for another few seasons in it's current state as long as it hangs on to that deal.

I really think the problem with speedway in this country is really, really simple. People just dont like it. We have gone through a generation change from the sports hay day and we haven't recycled the fan base.

You could go amateur. You could put the best 7 riders in the world into a team. I dont think it will matter.

Good post . as I said I don't have the answers to get the money to fund the riders etc ..but to say better riders don't bring in better crowds  is the most stupid thing I  have ever heard on this forum . 

The last bit is so true the horse has bolted and long gone .. you are correct nothing can save it now from the slow death .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Big City, best stadium, one of the best tracks in the world. I'm guessing here, but a tiny town like Lynn probably get almost as many fans.

Surely the NSS can attract a lot more fans if advertised right.It's not even footy season.

It is advertised fine. Across a number of social media platforms, on billboards dotted in and around the city, and on local radio. They are doing what they can.

Like I said in my post above. I could go onto a bustling vegetarian market with a meat stall, I'm not selling anything am I? Just because there is volume and a large catchment area matters not if nobody is interested in you're product.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Or...

Ipswich +5

Poole +3

Kings Lynn +3

Belle Vue +2

Swindon -1

Peterborough -1

Wolverhampton -2

Don't burst his bubble Neil, he worked bloody hard to come up with that pointless example :D