British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Belle vue v Peterboro 13th june thursday

27 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It's a once a year product though. I know people who go to Cardiff but never go to any league meetings...

Would they still go if was NL riders ? do you think the crowd would be  less or more ? if a event is only once a year and they get the  product wrong people  still won't go

5 minutes ago, orion said:

Would they still go if was NL riders ? do you think the crowd would be  less or more ? if a event is only once a year and they get the  product wrong people  still won't go

They wouldn't go to a NL standard grand prix, the attraction is seeing the worlds best once a year. That's why we all flocked to Wembley to  watch the one off world finals, what great occasions they were....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orion said:

TBH speedway has gone out of fashion, I used to go back in the 70's to watch Tiger, shrimpy, Billy etc along with my other half, sister, brother - in - law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, brother and nephew, in the 80's/90's my 2 sons came. All that's left going is me!!, they get their fix on tv or in the case of my 30+ year old sons, they have lost interest.

Nothing can bring back "the old days" when speedway was king, now it's a sport for diehards (ageing) who follow their team through thick and thin, whilst moaning constantly about how things were back in the day, and how the promoters should be doing this that and the other when in fact they seem to be trying to stem the flow of losing money in today's expensive climate.

Obviously Cardiff is popular, but the 40,000 odd are not just Brits but many different nationalities watching the big boys, so think we need to just enjoy our racing whilst we've still got it.

That's just my opinion.:t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

So you think the crowds will be the same if the GP riders were replaced by Nl riders at  Cardiff … Speedway fans are like no other really when it comes to simple logic . Cardiff shows if the product is right people will watch speedway .

Once a year they might. They wouldn't support it every week at those prices. One off events will always attract a crowd. The GP circus has nothing to do with domestic speedway.

1 hour ago, Badge said:

TBH speedway has gone out of fashion, I used to go back in the 70's to watch Tiger, shrimpy, Billy etc along with my other half, sister, brother - in - law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law, brother and nephew, in the 80's/90's my 2 sons came. All that's left going is me!!, they get their fix on tv or in the case of my 30+ year old sons, they have lost interest.

Nothing can bring back "the old days" when speedway was king, now it's a sport for diehards (ageing) who follow their team through thick and thin, whilst moaning constantly about how things were back in the day, and how the promoters should be doing this that and the other when in fact they seem to be trying to stem the flow of losing money in today's expensive climate.

Obviously Cardiff is popular, but the 40,000 odd are not just Brits but many different nationalities watching the big boys, so think we need to just enjoy our racing whilst we've still got it.

That's just my opinion.:t:

Same applies ..other nationalities won't come if the riders are poor and that is  the whole point . We got people on  here saying the standard of rider does not effect crowds ..

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Once a year they might. They wouldn't support it every week at those prices. One off events will always attract a crowd. The GP circus has nothing to do with domestic speedway.

One off events won't attract anyone if the standard of rider is poor  as I already asked do you think Cardiff would have the same crowds with  NL riders  . League speedway one off events will all get bigger crowds with better riders that just a fact .

21 minutes ago, orion said:

One off events won't attract anyone if the standard of rider is poor  as I already asked do you think Cardiff would have the same crowds with  NL riders  . League speedway one off events will all get bigger crowds with better riders that just a fact .

We can all dream cant we. The fixed race nights never brought the big stars back. British speedway is skint, even the likes of Poole can't make it pay anymore. Unless you have a magic wand, it's all downhill from here. Just accept it, i guess the vast majority of the promoters have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

We can all dream cant we. The fixed race nights never brought the big stars back. British speedway is skint, even the likes of Poole can't make it pay anymore. Unless you have a magic wand, it's all downhill from here. Just accept it, i guess the vast majority of the promoters have.

Yet again I never said anything about the money side  and I agree uk speedway is skint and there is no magic wand I have accepted it . But that has nothing  do with people not caring about what the standard of rider is as you have tried to make out .

Edited by orion

7 minutes ago, orion said:

Yet again I never said anything about the money side  and I agree uk speedway is skint and there is no magic wand I have accepted it . But that has nothing  do with people not caring about what the standard of rider is as you have tried to make out .

People might care, but wether they would stump up the cash to see these top riders is another matter. I couldn't give a monkeys if Woffinden never rides here again. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

People might care, but wether they would stump up the cash to see these top riders is another matter. I couldn't give a monkeys if Woffinden never rides here again. 

Of course it's another matter but yet  again it has nothing  to with your silly  comment . Your last  comment sums  up  why speedway is nearly dead and what little idea the die hard speedway has about what the public want .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Fully respect your dedication to British Speedway(BS), you do appear to get about. I too could watch Speedway at any level. Sadly we are not enough. The caps, car stickers and badge days are long gone. It’s crying out for a new crowd - currently still a hand me down from our parents. Woffinden is exactly what BS needs right now. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Fully respect your dedication to British Speedway(BS), you do appear to get about. I too could watch Speedway at any level. Sadly we are not enough. The caps, car stickers and badge days are long gone. It’s crying out for a new crowd - currently still a hand me down from our parents. Woffinden is exactly what BS needs right now. 

Maybe it does, but I'm not prepared to line his pockets like the Poles and the Swedes do.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, orion said:

Of course it's another matter but yet  again it has nothing  to with your silly  comment . Your last  comment sums  up  why speedway is nearly dead and what little idea the die hard speedway has about what the public want .

Am i really bothered what you think. If you're not happy with what's being served up at the Shabbey every other week., have a word with your leader Rosco Russell. I'm sure he will be all ears.

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Am i really bothered what you think. If you're not happy with what's being served up at the Shabbey every other week., have a word with your leader Rosco Russell. I'm sure he will be all ears.

Well you keep replying so quite clearly you do ...Not a question if I am happy or not as  I still go ..it's the all fans that have left because of poor teams that we should be worried about

I personally miss the big characters,not the best riders.People like Norris,Ott etc