British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Belle vue v Peterboro 13th june thursday

Without doubt the biggest loss of fans at Belle Vue was when Hyde Road closed and we moved to the dog track and the reason many gave was the comparatively poor standard of racing.

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Agreed. As has been said I think the original plan was to run BV on Fridays-Saturdays but the new ‘promoters’ who don’t seem to know what they are doing decided or agreed rather stupidly to run meetings on Monday’s and Thursdays. 

No wonder BV is losing a fortune...and worryingly I don’t know how long it can carry on like this. We fans deserve better. 

Agreed. As has been said I think the original plan was to run BV on Fridays-Saturdays but the new ‘promoters’ who don’t seem to know what they are doing decided or agreed rather stupidly to run meetings on Monday’s and Thursdays. 

No wonder BV is losing a fortune...and worryingly I don’t know how long it can carry on like this. We fans deserve better. 

They didn't agree rather stupidly to run meetings on Monday's and Thursday's. They had no choice when Poland were given preference for the weekends.

People claim  that you see much the same riders in the Championship but the overall standard of teams is significantly lower. One big league would be acceptable but I doubt that moving down for a club that has airways been in the top division would, in my view, see even smaller crowds.

Edited by Aces51

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Without doubt the biggest loss of fans at Belle Vue was when Hyde Road closed and we moved to the dog track and the reason many gave was the comparatively poor standard of racing.

They didn't agree rather stupidly to run meetings on Monday's and Thursday's. They had no choice when Poland were given preference for the weekends.

People claim  that you see much the same riders in the Championship but the overall standard of teams is significantly lower. One big league would be acceptable but I doubt that moving down for a club that has airways been in the top division would, in my view, see even smaller crowds.

I don’t agree, who gave Poland priority? It was BSPA who decided on clubs running on ‘fixed’ nights, oh except Swindon and oh and any other club who wanted to change when it suited them. It didn’t work and BV should have stood up and fought there case and run on Friday and/or Saturdays. Running on Monday’s and Thursdays will be the certain death of BV. That’s a fact. 

The FIM gave Poland priority for Fridays and Sundays...

Last year we hadMonday and Wednesday and now it is Monday and Thursday.....

i agree we should be able to pick our nights... fact is for Premiership Friday and Sunday are out of the question

If speedway in the uk said “we racing on a Friday or Saturday for survival”, which riders would it loose.?

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

i agree we should be able to pick our nights... fact is for Premiership Friday and Sunday are out of the question

Last year the UK had priority for Monday’s and Thursdays - the same as this year.  The league chose to run on Wednesdays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner85 said:

So run on Saturdays then!

• Like 1

So run on Saturdays then!

how do wolves / poole/ swindon/ peterboro/ipswich/ run on a saturday :cry:

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

how do wolves / poole/ swindon/ peterboro/ipswich/ run on a saturday :cry:

That’s there problem, BV should run on a day that is best for them. They have been bullied into running on rubbish days by the clueless clowns at the BSPA. BV promoters should get there fingers out and stick up for the club. Full stop.

6 hours ago, geoff58 said:

how do wolves / poole/ swindon/ peterboro/ipswich/ run on a saturday 

They don't need to...

Just all run on their best night to get their maximum crowd..

Matches are still run with guests and riders missing now on fixed nights so just do exactly the same on the best nights you can get a crowd in..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

They don't need to...

Matches still run with guests and riders missing now on fixed nights so just do exactly the same on the best nights you can get a crowd in..

sadly not !!

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

They don't need to...

Matches still run with guests and riders missing now on fixed nights so just do exactly the same on the best nights you can get a crowd in..

wolves swindon poole kings lynn ipswich all run on there normal race nights & all like us have suffered !!!

35 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

wolves swindon poole kings lynn ipswich all run on there normal race nights & all like us have suffered !!!

Kings Lynn ride Monday now