British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent Kings vs Leicester Cubs

This match has to be a massive doubt with the yellow level weather warnings for heavy rain, which personally for me is perfect as I will miss it if it's on, but actually it may be better for everyone if both sides were at full strength.

Assuming it's on then there are lots of ifs and buts about the Cubs team. Is Perks fit, if so is he fully fit  and who would be available to guest if not. Much depends on if the Thompsen twins take to the track instantly.

For Kent Spooner Gilkes and Jenkins all out injured and with no real fixed date of return for all of them, Kent continue to do battle with a patched up side. RR operates for Jenkins and a tbc guest for Spooner I believe is the chosen option this week, and newly declared king Clouting continues in the reserve berth.

19 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Already been postponed

Thanks, a night in for me tomorrow then.

Re-arranged for 29th July......all the Kings back?

2 minutes ago, blueherb777 said:

Re-arranged for 29th July......all the Kings back?

Mostly you would suspect unless someone steps in and offers Gilkes a mega bucks deal to jump ship? He is now officially the most in demand unattached 2.00er :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Mostly you would suspect unless someone steps in and offers Gilkes a mega bucks deal to jump ship? He is now officially the most in demand unattached 2.00er :D

Are there bigger payers than Kent in the NL?

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Would like to think not or there is serious issues. Obviously had to be done as Clouting will inherit an average over 2.00 soon (his last 4 matches give him 2.28) if the same criteria applies as it did to Davies?

Im just jesting that a team like Leicester could theoretically swoop in and lure Gilkes away with a similar deal and weekend race day....

30 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Would like to think not or there is serious issues. Obviously had to be done as Clouting will inherit an average over 2.00 soon (his last 4 matches give him 2.28) if the same criteria applies as it did to Davies?

Im just jesting that a team like Leicester could theoretically swoop in and lure Gilkes away with a similar deal and weekend race day....

Anything is possible in speedway!

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sorry I thought Dan was committed and signed for Kent at the begining of the season and is not therefore unattached!

3 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

Sorry I thought Dan was committed and signed for Kent at the begining of the season and is not therefore unattached!

Now that would raise a selection of questions, certainly about the strength of rider/club contracts, worth of the paper they are written on and the glove boxes they are stored in (sorry Laurence). A rider signs and is declared in that teams 1-7, if the team re-declares with the rider not within the 1-7 does that mean they have invalidated the "contract"? (obvious exception being clear 28 day injury replacements) if it is not the case and a club can remove a rider from their 1-7 but still have a say over where they ride then is that in the best interests of the sport?

I think if we had not related, Jacob Cloutings average was gonna go above 2 and we could nt use him.

Dan was always likely to be a Kent man this year despite what others may think. 

He will be back when fit and not before. And that's the right thing for a lad with so much talent.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, cityrebel said:

Most definitely so, I know of a couple of occasions this season we have had to change plans on potential guests because they were to expensive. 

43 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Most definitely so, I know of a couple of occasions this season we have had to change plans on potential guests because they were to expensive. 

That's not a bad thing.