British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent Kings vs Leicester Cubs

Bump this back up because its easier.  Kents woes continue with Gilkes injured & Ablitt taking a break from the sport at a wise time for himself as his average would have doubled after tonight even with a zero score although that doesn't help Kents cause. Poor Jacob Clouting must be sat on the sidelines kicking himself. 

If i can read the greensheets properly the Thompson twins move into the 1-5 and its Ryan Mac & RTD at reserve for the Cubs? Even so this looks like being Kents toughest test of the year which is a nightmare as its clashing with the British final.

37 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Bump this back up because its easier.  Kents woes continue with Gilkes injured & Ablitt taking a break from the sport at a wise time for himself as his average would have doubled after tonight even with a zero score although that doesn't help Kents cause. Poor Jacob Clouting must be sat on the sidelines kicking himself. 

If i can read the greensheets properly the Thompson twins move into the 1-5 and its Ryan Mac & RTD at reserve for the Cubs? Even so this looks like being Kents toughest test of the year which is a nightmare as its clashing with the British final.

Yep new super strong reserves for the Cubs against a depleted Kings. It’s going to be a difficult meeting for Kent!

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Gilkes now ruled out. This has to be an away win now. 

If Kent pull the win out the bag then definitely fair play to them but low reserves against 2nd strings running at reserve for the Cubs is going to be a slaughter. Sadly the lack of interest on here could be telling for attendances at this match and the Cradley one, big risk running against the British final unless you have too and for Kent when one of the most attractive visitors are on display also it looks a bit of a blooper.  

Rang the Club to get a programme from this meeting sent out to me. Kent are doing well this season. Will be close tonight.

7 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Rang the Club to get a programme from this meeting sent out to me. Kent are doing well this season. Will be close tonight.

Did they ask you to ride at number 6 while you were on the phone?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

If Kent pull the win out the bag then definitely fair play to them but low reserves against 2nd strings running at reserve for the Cubs is going to be a slaughter. Sadly the lack of interest on here could be telling for attendances at this match and the Cradley one, big risk running against the British final unless you have too and for Kent when one of the most attractive visitors are on display also it looks a bit of a blooper.  

To be fair the status of the British final isn't what it used to be. As a kid i attended finals at West Ham and Coventry that pulled in crowds of over 20k. The kent fans are a loyal bunch and will still turn up tonight. All the Central park neutrals i know are still going, me included!

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

To be fair the status of the British final isn't what it used to be. As a kid i attended finals at West Ham and Coventry that pulled in crowds of over 20k. The kent fans are a loyal bunch and will still turn up tonight. All the Central park neutrals i know are still going, me included!

Good news for Kent and the finances. I still think it should be an entertaining meeting however it doesn't have the lure of Gilkes & The Thompsons at reserve like when the initial fixture list was drawn up so i will watching at home and keeping everything crossed for he who D'Ayres.

With gilkes and Ablitt only needing to complete one more fixture to get an average it’s not looking great for Kent with the uncertainty of spooners fitness dropping to reserve and a big score from Ablitt could see him leapfrog ledwith too? 

30 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

With gilkes and Ablitt only needing to complete one more fixture to get an average it’s not looking great for Kent with the uncertainty of spooners fitness dropping to reserve and a big score from Ablitt could see him leapfrog ledwith too? 

Looks like Ablitt might be stepping down before his average kicks in so Laker / a.n. other 2 pointer for him. Gilkes (if he can get fit will slot into the main team just fine but Spooner at reserve is a worry and Clouting must be stood by the phone waiting?

Looked a good effort from the home side last night but beaten by a stronger unit, not sure if there is any punishment for not fielding a rider? Gilkes crashed on Friday and informed the club on Monday morning he wasn't fit to ride which isn't ideal as getting guests for remote locations like Kent at short notice is no easy task.

38 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Looks like Ablitt might be stepping down before his average kicks in so Laker / a.n. other 2 pointer for him. Gilkes (if he can get fit will slot into the main team just fine but Spooner at reserve is a worry and Clouting must be stood by the phone waiting?

Looked a good effort from the home side last night but beaten by a stronger unit, not sure if there is any punishment for not fielding a rider? Gilkes crashed on Friday and informed the club on Monday morning he wasn't fit to ride which isn't ideal as getting guests for remote locations like Kent at short notice is no easy task.

Are you allowed a guest for a reserve? I think Kent were trying to get another unattached 2 pointer to comply with the rules.

Just now, Old Crusader said:

Are you allowed a guest for a reserve? I think Kent were trying to get another unattached 2 pointer to comply with the rules.

Sorry poorly put. I did mean unattached 2 pointer but they are even harder to find at short notice given the location of the track, the fact that bikes have to be ready to go and obviously the majority of riders are working. James Laker usually answers those last minute calls but he was already booked in.  

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sorry poorly put. I did mean unattached 2 pointer but they are even harder to find at short notice given the location of the track, the fact that bikes have to be ready to go and obviously the majority of riders are working. James Laker usually answers those last minute calls but he was already booked in.  

We were told that Chris Hunt had been on the phone all day to try to find a rider, but failed. Without their full strength, this was always going to be difficult, and so

it proved. Perks and Hume were outstanding and it was those two that got the win for Leicester. In the first race I think Perks would have taken the track record but

for a mistake or two in his line.  Still a very fast time.  While watching the meeting, I felt that Leicester were over-rated, even though they won. My impression was that

if Kent had had just one more of their normal side, the result may well have gone the other way.  Gilkes was sadly missed.

20 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

We were told that Chris Hunt had been on the phone all day to try to find a rider, but failed. Without their full strength, this was always going to be difficult, and so

it proved. Perks and Hume were outstanding and it was those two that got the win for Leicester. In the first race I think Perks would have taken the track record but

for a mistake or two in his line.  Still a very fast time.  While watching the meeting, I felt that Leicester were over-rated, even though they won. My impression was that

if Kent had had just one more of their normal side, the result may well have gone the other way.  Gilkes was sadly missed.

With respect though had Chris & co had all day on Sunday on the phone they would have found a rider so Gilkes late withdrawal didn't help the cause. I did hear that whilst Hume & Perks had full control of the home heat leaders the tail end flattered to deceive and the high returns were not as impressive as the scores suggest but with only James Laker who didn't seem to cope that well with persistent back to back rides  and No rider at the tail it was always a big ask. The Leicester side have been hotly tipped throughout and wil pose a threat come play off time if they can do something about the vacant Ruddick position. Kent meanwhile are still competitive but suffering with such an inexperienced side and the injury jinx it seems to bring with it.