British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

Belle Vue vs Mildenhall 10/06/2019

Must be thinking that Jolly, Vasey & co will be doing their biggest rain dances ahead of this one? With Jason Edwards already unavailable the notoriously unpredictable West Row track put three of the Fen Tigers on the injury list yesterday meaning Mildenhall head North with only Ayres to offer any opposition and spoil what could be a selection of home maximums. Mildenhall probably also hold the record of the worst reserve pairing ever tracked in the NL but chances are tonight's guests will better that.

We'll be lucky to evan get a match on, forecast is horrendous and I was sooo looking forward to seeing J Palin and C Bailey. Oh well next time.

24 minutes ago, hyderd said:

We'll be lucky to evan get a match on, forecast is horrendous and I was sooo looking forward to seeing J Palin and C Bailey. Oh well next time.

Likewise i would be staggered if this goes ahead. As i suspected its a wise decision to partner Palin with a more experienced rider and Mildenhall have managed to land a couple of reasonable unattached riders. I hope this one is on or off early to avoid wasted journeys.

Dry all day with a 50% chance of a light shower at 6pm?     Wouldn't have thought that would bother the BV track.

weather.jpg

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Must be thinking that Jolly, Vasey & co will be doing their biggest rain dances ahead of this one? With Jason Edwards already unavailable the notoriously unpredictable West Row track put three of the Fen Tigers on the injury list yesterday meaning Mildenhall head North with only Ayres to offer any opposition and spoil what could be a selection of home maximums. Mildenhall probably also hold the record of the worst reserve pairing ever tracked in the NL but chances are tonight's guests will better that.

If you were there yesterday you'd know the track played no part in any of the injuries so you should probably get your facts right 1st before sprouting your normal rubbish about us 

Edited by adz_mft

1 hour ago, adz_mft said:

If you were there yesterday you'd know the track played no part in any of the injuries so you should probably get your facts right 1st before sprouting your normal rubbish about us 

Unfortunately its meetings like yesterday that keep me away from West Row these days (don't worry i know im not missed) but it is a shame as i know on a good day the racing can be excellent. Certainly unusual for any track to have so many fallers in the first 5 heats and even the Mildenhall website describes it as "a little difficult". However past is past and i wish the injured riders a speedy return/recovery.

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unfortunately its meetings like yesterday that keep me away from West Row these days (don't worry i know im not missed) but it is a shame as i know on a good day the racing can be excellent. Certainly unusual for any track to have so many fallers in the first 5 heats and even the Mildenhall website describes it as "a little difficult". However past is past and i wish the injured riders a speedy return/recovery.

The track was tricky for the 1st 2 but the crashes weren't down to the track. Leek hit the start straight fence and it flung him off. Brooks got caught in Davies back wheel which sent him off. Something on Kelly's bike broke at the start and it just made him go straight. 

New rule for weather forecasters. If you imply a meeting might not go ahead and it does, you have to pay £20 to the benevolent fund. 

Many thanks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

The track was tricky for the 1st 2 but the crashes weren't down to the track. Leek hit the start straight fence and it flung him off. Brooks got caught in Davies back wheel which sent him off. Something on Kelly's bike broke at the start and it just made him go straight. 

Oh yes loved that piece on Kelly, never ever heard of fork bands snapping and causing the bike to lift rather than nose dive (the bands still fully in place in pictures ive seen). Leek i can understand as he is a bit of a wrecking ball but a dislocated shoulder can be a nightmare injury for a speedway rider so wouldn't wish that on anyone.

4 hours ago, CottonOn said:

Dry all day with a 50% chance of a light shower at 6pm?     Wouldn't have thought that would bother the BV track.

weather.jpg

I think it’s off now mr cotton. Strange call this as it’s fine here! What happened to the track covers BV was getting? 

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I think it’s off now mr cotton. Strange call this as it’s fine here! What happened to the track covers BV was getting? 

What would be the point of track covers, if as you say "it's fine here" at the moment?  (assuming the "here" you refer to is Gorton?)

If the latest weather forecast is correct that it's now 80%+ going to pee down at 7pm and 8pm, again what would be the point of track covers?  Do you think they can race on top of track covers?

In view of forecast heavy rain from 7pm and 8pm onwards, and a depleted Mildenhall team, I'd suspect it works out for the best to postpone and restage with a full team on a nice dry day.

Edited by CottonOn
  • Like 2

This bloke knows the forecast and how track covers wouldn’t work in this situation. He’s a troll and just wants to try and have a pop at Belle Vue again. Yawn. 

Block him!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

What would be the point of track covers, if as you say "it's fine here" at the moment?  (assuming the "here" you refer to is Gorton?)

If the latest weather forecast is correct that it's now 80%+ going to pee down at 7pm and 8pm, again what would be the point of track covers?  Do you think they can race on top of track covers?

In view of forecast heavy rain from 7pm and 8pm onwards, and a depleted Mildenhall team, I'd suspect it works out for the best to postpone and restage with a full team on a nice dry day.

I didn’t suggest for a second that track covers would save this particular meeting. I was only asking where they are..! Looking at the weeks forecast they may be needed for this’s Thursday. 

The track was absolutely perfect when I popped in around 2pm.

Very surprised that I had a message 30 mins later to say it was off. I was sat outside in t-shirt and shorts enjoying a light lunch at the time, less than a mile away.!

I drove back to Devon,past Wolves and absolutely no rain at all until Cheltenham/Strensham Services. Not stopped since though!

Is it raining or did it rain enough to have the meeting called off?

Edited by BobC

Deffo right call Bob. Started raining about 6pm and not stopped 

• Like 1