British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Lions 12/06

So the weather forecast for the west midlands is not looking brilliant this week, with a yellow weather warning in place.  That said working in Wolverhampton City Centre and living just over 5 miles away I'm fairly convinced Wolves v P'boro could have gone ahead last night as heavy rain didn't hit us until after 21:30.  Do we have any team news?  I assume Bates won't be on the Lions team sheet following his recent absences through injury.

Given that the weather forecast at the moment is rain all today and tomorrow, they are probably waiting to decide whether it is on or not. Isn't it a bit early to start whinging?

1 minute ago, *JJ said:

Given that the weather forecast at the moment is rain all today and tomorrow, they are probably waiting to decide whether it is on or not. Isn't it a bit early to start whinging?

Oh the misogynist pops up probably after his ban. . Yes i understand this but did not want to doom and gloom about the weather unlike you. Surely you act like its all systems go for what the promoters described as the "derby meeting " of the season until told otherwise ..  

7 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Oh the misogynist pops up probably after his ban. . Yes i understand this but did not want to doom and gloom about the weather unlike you. Surely you act like its all systems go for what the promoters described as the "derby meeting " of the season until told otherwise ..  

Only a supreme optimist would hold out much hope for almost any meeting over the next 3-4 days if forecasts are to be believed. Some seem to think that if it's not raining at "tapes up time" all we be OK and you can just ignore 24-48-72 hours of rain and that track staff can just prepare a track at the click of a finger.

I'd rather when weather is as bad as it seems in a lot of places, commonsense prevail and decisions be made the day before if the track is clearly not usable and no later than 10am on the morning as that stops all unnecessary travel and expectation. 

One thing you an't control is extreme unseasonal weather.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Only a supreme optimist would hold out much hope for almost any meeting over the next 3-4 days if forecasts are to be believed. Some seem to think that if it's not raining at "tapes up time" all we be OK and you can just ignore 24-48-72 hours of rain and that track staff can just prepare a track at the click of a finger.

I'd rather when weather is as bad as it seems in a lot of places, commonsense prevail and decisions be made the day before if the track is clearly not usable and no later than 10am on the morning as that stops all unnecessary travel and expectation. 

One thing you an't control is extreme unseasonal weather.

After our previous conversation you would be well within your rights to call me a hypocrite if was to mention that wouldn't you .  

• Haha 1

Picture on SGB website speaks louder than words.

Track flooded, further heavy rain until Thursday, no way of preparing track when so wet even if rain stopped.

No complaints and prospects elsewhere must be grim until Friday (possibly) and Saturday.

Rescheduled for 21/08.

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Postponed .  surprise surprise.

What did I say, master mind?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Nothing worth reading......

It was actually that given the weather forecast, the promotion were waiting to give an announcement. There is no need for you to be as offensive as the other person.