British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Chapman Trinity

Perhaps I am being too cynical but there seems to be a totally different levels of membership into the club. Kings Lynn comes first ,Ipswich being still in the hands of Speedway luminaries and with a buy back get out seem to carry on with little or no interference. Peterborough having put together a great team seem to have been systematically undermined both with regard to the team and the original promoters. Left now it would  appear  in the hands of Chapman appointees.

Peterborough have 6 ( yes 6) riders in the current top 30 in the Premiership.  Kings Lynn have 3.  

Maybe it Lynn fans who should be bleating  about team strengths 

Early days yet time for Chapman plan to evolve. He is in control of Lynn and Panthers but The Louis still seem in firm control at Ipswich.

Maybe the plan will all become apparent when he gets 3 teams in the play-offs and he ‘shuffles’ the pack. ;)

1 hour ago, semion said:

Peterborough have 6 ( yes 6) riders in the current top 30 in the Premiership.  Kings Lynn have 3.  

Maybe it Lynn fans who should be bleating  about team strengths 

That will change when Stars get some home meetings in.

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Early days yet time for Chapman plan to evolve. He is in control of Lynn and Panthers but The Louis still seem in firm control at Ipswich.

Do you genuinely believe that? I certainly don't. If they took his money they take his orders I am sure. This is Buster Chapman we are talking about. Unless of course, Buster is merely underwriting the 2019 season to see if ( or prove that ) the Witches can survive in the "top" league. I can't believe that he has so much faith in the value of the TV contract, that he went to such extremes to keep it in place.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made

Buster has a total and true Iove  for the Sport of Speedway ( as long as there’s a profit in it);)

• Like 1

Buster is using his money to reduce costs across the whole of speedway, and it that means a bit shuffling, so be it.

I am convinced that there is a difference between his control of KL and Panthers and that of Ipswich. 

• Like 1

Chapman only did what he did because he hasn't the wit or wisdom to carry out the root and branch restructuring the sport desperately needed, instead he's enabled the many times failed premiership model to carry on for a little longer until it goes t!ts up again. Have said before I think this will put the long term future of Ipswich (and Peterborough) in serious jeopardy. No one was looking long term when this ridiculous deal was made.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

As I’ve said before he’s in it to make money and therefore home defeats and struggling teams won’t work. Wins and Play Off qualification will. To that end I’m not sure why he wouldn’t treat all three the same. 

Agree about him being incapable of reforming our sport but it’s the same for pretty much all of the current promoters. It needs a completely fresh approach but anyone who has tried that in recent times has been forced out by the old boys club. 

• Like 6

IMO Chapman is a clueless numpty. He couldn’t run a bath! He’s been chairman of the BSPA and overseen the biggest decline in British Speedway in recent years. Chapman and his useless sidekick are arrogant and don’t listen or understand the fans and are totally incapable of improving the sport. If you ignore your customers, they will eventually ignore you. Speedway and loyal fans deserves better!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

As I’ve said before he’s in it to make money and therefore home defeats and struggling teams won’t work. Wins and Play Off qualification will. To that end I’m not sure why he wouldn’t treat all three the same. 

Agree about him being incapable of reforming our sport but it’s the same for pretty much all of the current promoters. It needs a completely fresh approach but anyone who has tried that in recent times has been forced out by the old boys club. 

Remind me what you think would work Baggy and Speedtiger? 

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Think we need to follow the lead of the Tories and get a female to lead Speedway into the promised land.

How are you fixed Trees ?

1 hour ago, Trees said:

You can not turn the clock back, sadly I think it’s too late...the opportunities to restructure the sport have long gone. Speedway is in an uncontrolled tail spin and I believe it is beyond recovery. The sport is bust and there’s not a silver bullet that will save it. The people in charge are totally incompetent. 

TV money should have been used to promote and build the sport and not greedily pocketed by self serving TR or squandered on unsustainable rider pay. TV money will never return.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1