British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Hallstavik 06/07

If you have been,at the GP you probably would agree that to watch it from the grandstands the racing was much better in the 2nd half, I did enjoy to go to Hallstavik!

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Apart from the first round the whole series so far has been pretty poor I’m afraid. At least the scores are keeping things interesting. 

The difference this season is when they line up at the tapes it is hard to predict race winner as they are All top men now, their first 2 races they settle for position after a lap as usually just sticking to the inside line is the only option as the track is packed down ( tonight seemed to the exception).I agree with another Poster who suggested a few warm up heats( local juniors would do) just to turn the track over.The racing then might be a bit more competitive from the off.( will probably get shot down, but that’s my thoughts). Either that or have a different points scoring system in qualifying heats which means riders can’t rest on their laurels in the heats.( don’t ask me what)

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Apart from the first round the whole series so far has been pretty poor I’m afraid. At least the scores are keeping things interesting. 

Spot on, apart from about three races tonight, it was just like the previous two rounds, a total bore fest. The fact that several different riders are all in with a good chance of being World Champion is the only thing worth tuning in for this season so far.

Only four pages on here sums it up. Too many track shadows / poor filming - reminded me of Peterborough. Sad times...... will need an "official forum site" the way things are going!!! Bananas...

Can anybody explain why Emil got the last choice for gate position in the final heat, please?

6 minutes ago, Navigator1900 said:

Can anybody explain why Emil got the last choice for gate position in the final heat, please?

Two semi-final winners get 1st choice-with the one who had most points affer 20 heats having no 1 pick. 2 semi-final 2nds get 3rd and 4th and again rider who had most points after 20  heats picks 1st

8 minutes ago, Navigator1900 said:

I would guess because he come 2nd in the 2nd semi

After 5 rides Vaculik and Emil tied at the top on 12, but Vaculik had more heat wins so he goes in semi 1 and Emil in semi 2, then he come 2nd so that puts him 4th pick for the final

Thank you, guys, anyway it was great win for Emil and to watch it from the main grandstand was fantastic for me and my friends travelling to Hallstavik from Switzerland!

On 7/6/2019 at 9:33 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Garbage GP. Small crowd, poor racing overall. Worst one of the year easily.

• Like 1

Only got to be a good meeting towards the end of 20 heats, then the last 3 races were pretty good. The winner, Emil, was back to the old Emil. Hope this means he is really back on top of his game and now goes all the way to become world champ.

Interesting gate 4 provide the first 4 heat winners, then nothing.....that is until heat 23, the final, and Emil did it from gate 4. How despondent he could have been having gate 4, but his mind must have been focusing on positive, positive, positive.

Emil missed out in 2013 when his dad died half way through the GP year. That was a setback, then he was slammed in the fence in a league match in Poland and suffered terrible injuries, some thought it could finish him. Then he went AWOL for 3 years winning a secondary competition (twice winner European championships.) 

I agree, there should be some racing before the main meeting, to get the track in a condition for top class world speedway right from heat 1. The way it is now, processional for 3 or 4 races, robs the riders and robs the paying public. 

23 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would guess because he come 2nd in the 2nd semi

After 5 rides Vaculik and Emil tied at the top on 12, but Vaculik had more heat wins so he goes in semi 1 and Emil in semi 2, then he come 2nd so that puts him 4th pick for the final

Wrong- see my earlier answer

35 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Wrong- see my earlier answer

Well, I did say I was guessing, but I nearly got the guess right.

Vacukik and Emil tied on top points after 5 rides, Vaculik gets 1st semi (most heat wins)    They both come 2nd in the semi so get 3rd and 4th picks    , Vaculk still has most heat wins, so Vaculik gets 3rd pick and Emil gets 4th pick (no pick) for the final.  Is that it?????

13 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well, I did say I was guessing, but I nearly got the guess right.

Vacukik and Emil tied on top points after 5 rides, Vaculik gets 1st semi (most heat wins)    They both come 2nd in the semi so get 3rd and 4th picks    , Vaculk still has most heat wins, so Vaculik gets 3rd pick and Emil gets 4th pick (no pick) for the final.  Is that it?????

Yes i think 

1st semi 1467

2nd semi 2358

pts then 1st 2nd’s 3rd’s etc if can’t be split better result when they met.

2 semi winners highest place 1-8 after 20 races for the 1st pick in final

2  semi 2nd’s highest place 1-8 after 20 races for 3rd pick in final

Edited by racers and royals

On 7/6/2019 at 11:52 PM, ytsejam said:

Spot on, apart from about three races tonight, it was just like the previous two rounds, a total bore fest. The fact that several different riders are all in with a good chance of being World Champion is the only thing worth tuning in for this season so far.

Hopefully Wroclaw will be very different as the league racing has been terrific there for the last 2 seasons.  Like a lot of tracks the inside can be advantage early but the outside line quickly develops. Fingers crossed.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:33 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Garbage GP. Small crowd, poor racing overall. Worst one of the year easily.

Didn't look more than a couple of thousands.

Krsko Hallstervik Teterow even Vojens should not be GP venues in this day and age 

• Like 2