British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Somerset V Plymouth (Challenge) 12/06/2019

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Not much in attendance from what some say for 2nd division league racing. Someone said about 550. I wonder what is more profitable.... or least costly.

we will never know .

19 hours ago, Najjer said:

Great to hear the challenge meeting was a success on track.

So begs the question - what would people rather see, lower standard but lower entrance fees/costs or a higher standard and higher entrance fees/costs?

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

Not much in attendance from what some say for 2nd division league racing. Someone said about 550. I wonder what is more profitable.... or least costly.

Difficult to judge on one night. 550 for Nl standard plus a couple of higher guests is a decent number. There will have certainly been plenty who stayed away due to weather, those who don't bother with challenges and those who just don't like lower level racing. Would be interesting to know the difference in crowd numbers between last season and this one? 

Lower outgoings must have been seen as a huge plus from the club though? And to the top question i would rather lower standard for lower fee on a regular basis then top up my fix of the top talent with the occasional individual / GP meeting but obviously im not a Somerset based supporter.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

I think Somersets attendance will definitely have taken a  hit with a midweek race night as opposed to a Friday, simply from the fact of how many people frequent that area 'leisurely' at weekends.....regardless of what League they're in and what standard of meeting is on offer?

25 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I think Somersets attendance will definitely have taken a  hit with a midweek race night as opposed to a Friday, simply from the fact of how many people frequent that area 'leisurely' at weekends.....regardless of what League they're in and what standard of meeting is on offer?

Very good point although does a midweek race night suit week long holiday makers who are less likely to take in a late night at speedway on a Friday before departing for home on a Saturday morning? There are pro's and con's for all same as improved traffic getting to Somerset midweek but less long distance travellers due to work the following day.  

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Very good point although does a midweek race night suit week long holiday makers who are less likely to take in a late night at speedway on a Friday before departing for home on a Saturday morning? There are pro's and con's for all same as improved traffic getting to Somerset midweek but less long distance travellers due to work the following day.  

True!

I was probably looking at it through my speedway fan lenses ? : ) i.e for me, if I fancied a weekend away down that neck of the woods, I'd get there Friday evening and watch the racing and then come back home on a Sunday etc....

22 hours ago, Buttons said:

A really good meeting, everyone standing near me were really impressed with the presentation, the guy who was on the centre green kept moving things along and you could hear him!! As for the MUSIC, what a difference so much improved to what we usually get, what we they have been playing for the last two seasons I have been coming I am sorry to say has been absolute rubbish, all very modern stuff, last night fans were singing along and we even had music bringing the riders to the start line.

The only quibble I have is why, when the young Aussie and Italian were going to be interviewed after the meeting they sent the bikes out so we couldn't hear them, its not as though time was short as the meeting moved along nicely.

More of the same please.

Presentation!  yes loads better than the norm......... so why don't the promoters have a seminar were all track announcers / presenters attend & we improve the presentation of meetings @ every track?  it will never happen of course tooooo simple a solution & heads buried in the sand ...

• Like 2

You only have to look at the 'darts' to see what a bit of music/build-up does for viewing/spectator ratings ???

Professional presentation goes a long way!

• Like 3

On 6/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Friday is now the changeover day in the area for holiday makers which is difficult to get them to speedway on their first night there after possibly long journeys. Wednesday's are much better traffic wise for riders I understand too. Obviously Wednesday does clash with Denmark which affects some riders. Who would be a speedway promoter!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, drew2 said:

Friday is now the changeover day in the area for holiday makers which is difficult to get them to speedway on their first night there after possibly long journeys. Wednesday's are much better traffic wise for riders I understand too. Obviously Wednesday does clash with Denmark which affects some riders. Who would be a speedway promoter!

Totally agree wed better traffic wise