British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 17 6 19

27 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

How can you slate a track which you weren’t even at (see Poole thread). The abbey track was as good as it’s been since being relaid/shaped. Track times tell you this.

Edit - Fricke retired as his bike went coming into bends 1 & 2. I more than happy to admit when it’s bad & the other weeks against Poole it was. Think we had passing in most heats & that was because the track allowed it. Batch storming under Bjerre into bends 1 & 2 for example. 

I understand as a BV fan you’re probably upset but the track had nothing to do with do. We were the better side!

I have acknowledged you were the better team and have congratulated Swindon twice now. I am not upset in any way. Please, don’t misinterpret what it is I am saying.

I have simply shared the opinion of someone who felt the track was bumpy and dangerous to race side by side. It really is as simple as that.

45 minutes ago, acef said:

Whilst Wells will take the flack tonight and rightly so, and will likely be released after this, is does concern me that we have 2 2nd strings in dan and Steve who can’t win a race between them.

Id release both Wells and Berge, get a 2 pointer in at reserve and go get another heatleader if we can 

Id release both Wells and Berge, get a 2 pointer in at reserve and go get another heatleader if we can

...and Lemon...the lemon! 

1 minute ago, Speedtiger said:

Id release both Wells and Berge, get a 2 pointer in at reserve and go get another heatleader if we can

I’m sorry. I don’t follow

Just now, acef said:

I’m sorry. I don’t follow

...and release Lemon..the Lemon!! 

• Like 1

No surprise really Wolves away was a one off freak result, normal service resumed tonight, with Wells and Berge we will continue to put in poor performances away from the NSS, Steve is inconsistent and Dan is still struggling, Robins were vulnerable with no Musielak and that should have given us the opportunity to at least take a point, so well done to Swindon who took us to the cleaners whilst under strength, get Tobi back fit and the Robins look a good strong outfit.

18 minutes ago, acef said:

I have acknowledged you were the better team and have congratulated Swindon twice now. I am not upset in any way. Please, don’t misinterpret what it is I am saying.

I have simply shared the opinion of someone who felt the track was bumpy and dangerous to race side by side. It really is as simple as that.

Ok. 

I’ll just end with this. Troy Batchelor who is never shy in coming forward has praised the track after the meeting. Said if you give him the tools to do his job he will preform like that. Said he’s enjoying turning up & not worrying about the track & bike set ups as the track has improved & will only get better. Now some may say “he’s a home rider, he’s bound to say that”....this is Batch, we will know he doesn’t stand for crap & we’ve seen this at Swindon so to say riding side by side was “dangerous” has massively over egged it.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

Ok. 

I’ll just end with this. Troy Batchelor who is never shy in coming forward has praised the track after the meeting. Said if you give him the tools to do his job he will preform like that. Said he’s enjoying turning up & not worrying about the track & bike set ups as the track has improved & will only get better. Now some may say “he’s a home rider, he’s bound to say that”....this is Batch, we will know he doesn’t stand for crap & we’ve seen this at Swindon so to say riding side by side was “dangerous” has massively over egged it.  

That’s good to hear. Troy is certainly very vocal of poor tracks and tends to throw the toys out when he is dissatisfied with a surface, often reflected in poor points returns. He is a fair weather rider like that. That he is so powerful at home atm suggests the track is looking good, which is great for Swindon’s future.

3 minutes ago, acef said:

That’s good to hear. Troy is certainly very vocal of poor tracks and tends to throw the toys out when he is dissatisfied with a surface, often reflected in poor points returns. He is a fair weather rider like that. That he is so powerful at home atm suggests the track is looking good, which is great for Swindon’s future.

This is it, he’s probably the most vocal in speedway & he’s criticised the track before & rightfully so. Tonight it wasn’t bad & the racing showed that which is all I was saying. He went between riders 2 or 3 times & if the track wasn’t safe he’d have poodled at the back..

27 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Can't have a 2 pointer in the team.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Can't have a 2 pointer in the team.

It was actually my quote initially and I meant 3 pointer.

Bickley and NKI, for example 

• Like 1

Very good meeting and score even with r/r only scoring 5, Tobi would have got more, and Jason does not yet seem to be 100% fit yet.  Things can only get better then we should climb up the league.  Troy was brilliant and both Adam and Rassa had good races especially Rassa in heat 8.  The track is good and is producing some very good racing.

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Very good meeting and score even with r/r only scoring 5, Tobi would have got more, and Jason does not yet seem to be 100% fit yet.  Things can only get better then we should climb up the league.  Troy was brilliant and both Adam and Rassa had good races especially Rassa in heat 8.  The track is good and is producing some very good racing.

I'm sure Matt will be glad to hear it :)

Some excellent racing tonight and a good team performance, particularly as our number 1 looked a little under horse power. Top marks to Troy (thanks also for the -1 v Polar), particularly in heat 15 as he cut back on the inside to go from third to first. Trapping is sublime and looking fast in front.

Kid is looking a sensational signing on a similar average to Alpen a couple of seasons ago. A superb last to first ride in heat 8 getting up on the line, it was like watching Jamie Spencer at his best (that’s a joke by the way cos I think he’s a liability - Spencer not Razza). 

Must be the first name on the 2020 team sheet. 

Adam quietly went about his business and I thought Perks deserved more than his 3 point tally. His effort could not be faulted. 

For the Aces, I thought Lee Adams had returned, so similar was Fricke’s style. Quick and has a liking for the Blunsdon circuit, unfortunately, he had no support and tbh, I thought the Aces looked a bit Dennis Bergkamp (poor travellers) to me. 

A crucial time for Rosco. Stick, or twist. I think twist. I love Alpen, the rider not the muesli, but if he is out for any length of time then changes must be made, particularly if we can get Razza at reserve.

• Like 2

Another goodnight some really good racing again, i have to say the Aces were very disappointing they are better than that.Batchelor was sublime rasser again was outstanding Perks also  rode his nuts off for scant reward he is making a good contribution though.For the Aces Fricke looked mighty quick, when he attacked those first and second  bends it was like watching Adams all over again.Both these sides will be in the play/offs but i believe the Aces may have to replace Wells along the way.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Aces unfortunately didn’t have their gating boots on, though you could pass on the track as heats 4,8 & 15 all had passing after the back straight, first lap. 

Obvious where changes needed within the team and we’ve still got to hope Steve and Dan come good after their horrendous injuries by the autumn. 

Jensen was the difference last night, what a signing. Well done Robins.