British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 17 6 19

A very enjoyable meeting with some good racing. How on Earth has Rasmus Jensen ridden in the Second Division all these years and been practically unnoticed by myself at least? This guy is sensational and gives Swindon another instant heatleader and a very strong top end.

This track is a world away from the old track, and it's great to actually have some passing in races now. Jensen's first to last was sensational, although I did think he could do it when looking at the line up in the race. It was till the race of the night though.

There is talk of changes in the side due to Musielak's injury, but if he isn't going to be out for too long (and the latest information seems he's not as badly injured as first thought) then I wouldn't replace him. With him back in the top 5 we'll have a great side.

Having said that, R/R scored 5. Bellego should be able to get 5 too, and we could bolster the reserves a bit. But I'd want Tobi back once fit.

The reserves played their part, both picking up legitimate points. We just need to hold our own at reserve, and last night we did that.

Good match, although Belle Vue were a bit of a disappointment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acef said:

Someone is going to have to explain that heat 14 switch

Bjerre has to use Lidsey’s bike in heat 13, no extra time would have been given so that’s why Wells was put in.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Your mate might be judging the racing compared to what you get to see every week so if they thought it was turd then that's up to them. But there were absolutely no bumps on that track tonight. Swindon fans are honest about the track. We aren't deluded like some fans of other clubs and I think you will find after the Peterborough and Poole meetings where it wasn't great everyone has said that .

This track can get even better Batchelor has shown if you attack the track you can do well.This year i have seen more decent races than we have seen in the last 5 years.Still along away to go but most Robins fans are honest anough to say when the track has been crap.The Batchelor move on Bjerre said it all for me he drove through hard on the line because he had confidence in the track.

Hate to have seen what track was like previous weeks if that was really good last night. There is hump going into 1st bend and big one on inside of 3rd bend straightening riders up creating most of the passing opportunities. Happened several times to Doyle and twice to Fricke in heat 15 while trying to race with Doyle so just gave up. 

For BelleVue the defeat was well expected but bigger then thought, we knew Wells and Berge would be poor but Bjerre had bad night with bike problems, Lidsey started off great in heat 2 first time on track but then went backwards.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

This track can get even better Batchelor has shown if you attack the track you can do well.This year i have seen more decent races than we have seen in the last 5 years.Still along away to go but most Robins fans are honest anough to say when the track has been crap.The Batchelor move on Bjerre said it all for me he drove through hard on the line because he had confidence in the track.

Yeah exactly. I think we have all been honest to say its been boring for ages there before this season. The track vs Poole was terrible this season and was only average for Peterborough but has been good for the other meetings and last night was particularly smooth. How anyone can say it was bumpy is beyond me. As Hyabb said, Batch would be the first one complaining if it was bad. He was absolute class last night. Jensen reminds me of a Killer when he first came on the scene at Swindon. Sounds like a double change is coming for 28 days at least. Makes sense is Jensen ends up at reserve for a month. 

4 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Hate to have seen what track was like previous weeks if that was really good last night. There is hump going into 1st bend and big one on inside of 3rd bend straightening riders up creating most of the passing opportunities. Happened several times to Doyle and twice to Fricke in heat 15 while trying to race with Doyle so just gave up. 

For BelleVue the defeat was well expected but bigger then thought, we knew Wells and Berge would be poor but Bjerre had bad night with bike problems, Lidsey started off great in heat 2 first time on track but then went backwards.

All people do is slate other teams tracks these days. You lot are spoiled each week with the best track in the country where as we have had sh1te for years. So yeah last night was good in my eyes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

All people do is slate other teams tracks these days. You lot are spoiled each week with the best track in the country where as we have had sh1te for years. So yeah last night was good in my eyes.

Last night was perfectly good racing. It's just Belle Vue fans showing off because they have a great track.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rob B said:

If so, How did Batch stay on going inside Bjerre into turn 1? I recall Ellis doing the same?

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

If so, How did Batch stay on going inside Bjerre into turn 1? I recall Ellis doing the same?

Pretty sure Jensens passes in heat 8 had F all to do with a hole in the track!!

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

BV may well be a high standard but is indeed the standard that each track across the uk should be set at. It's safe, fair and consistent. 

I'm pleased another BV fan has picked up on what my colleague did last night, I can tell him he isn't going mad now!

It's not a war, this. It's about getting a level set right across the board. It concerns me that some fans are accepting what would seem a poor quality track and even attempting to pass it off as 'good'. Really, we need to raise our standards.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Last night was perfectly good racing. It's just Belle Vue fans showing off because they have a great track.

This type of attitude is a real worry. We are not 'showing off', we just want a higher standard. I'll accept that my own view pointed has shifted since going to the NSS because you see what a good race track looks like in the flesh. My attitude if I were an opposing fan would not be one of bitterness, it would be one of acceptance and agreement in respect of trying to find ways to bring the rest of the circuits, to that level of quality in terms of prep.

Waves and bumps and holes dont belong on a speedway track. Swindon may well have been better than previous weeks last night and that is great, forward steps are being made, but it's still absolutely nowhere near good enough.

Edited by acef

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I dont know what meeting you were at last night Rob but it was not the same one as me.Heat 1 Berge made a bad mistake causing Fricke out very wide and nearly causing carnage but the track i felt was very good.There were  fast times some great nick tuck racing full on .Fricke was electric at times really quick ( he missed the bumps !!) Batchelor was sublime maybe you are a guy who is not easily pleased.? As for the hole ? Batchelor who superbly drilled through on the line against Bjerre must of conveniently missed it.!!! Look this track is not perfect but our fans know that the management are doing great thing's to improve it and i believe this new track size is a breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

We had sh1te for years at the dog track mate, it served its purpose and now we have a great track, Swindon have a new track that just needs to settle as does any new track, when it does you to will have a good track that allows for proper racing.

21 minutes ago, acef said:

This type of attitude is a real worry. We are not 'showing off', we just want a higher standard. I'll accept that my own view pointed has shifted since going to the NSS because you see what a good race track looks like in the flesh. My attitude if I were an opposing fan would not be one of bitterness, it would be one of acceptance and agreement in respect of trying to find ways to bring the rest of the circuits, to that level of quality in terms of prep.

Waves and bumps and holes dont belong on a speedway track. Swindon may well have been better than previous weeks last night and that is great, forward steps are being made, but it's still absolutely nowhere near good enough.

So what about Troy's comments, never mentioned one ''hole, bump etc''.

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

So what about Troy's comments, never mentioned one ''hole, bump etc''.

Sorry the waves etc was more a reference to poole ;-) I was being very general 

Look. I'm not bitter about the defeat and have no issue with Swindon. I just want to be clear about that. 

The track is new, had some issues at the start (it was done to quickly), and the last thing I want to see is it being let slip. There are clearly still 1 or 2 little issues and I just want Swindon to be acknowledging of it then it can be dealt with, because it's a real nice shape now and has the potential to be a superb track.