British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 17 6 19

7 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

So what about Troy's comments, never mentioned one ''hole, bump etc''.

I dont know what you think Hyabb but when the track has been poor ( All of the  Swindon fans have admitted this) Troy has looked really tentative cautious.But when the track is decent he has gone to another level really quick riding some great racing lines looking a class act.This is the best i have seen Troy ride since the Copenhagen GP i really hope he can keep it going because we all know there is a world class rider in there.

Edited by Sidney the robin

10 minutes ago, acef said:

Sorry the waves etc was more a reference to poole ;-) I was being very general 

Look. I'm not bitter about the defeat and have no issue with Swindon. I just want to be clear about that. 

The track is new, had some issues at the start (it was done to quickly), and the last thing I want to see is it being let slip. There are clearly still 1 or 2 little issues and I just want Swindon to be acknowledging of it then it can be dealt with, because it's a real nice shape now and has the potential to be a superb track. 

My apologies. The track staff are working to grind out all the little issues I can assure you. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I dont know what you think Hyabb but when the track has been poor ( All of the  Swindon fans have admitted this) Troy has looked really tentative cautious.But when the track is decent he has gone to another level really quick riding some great racing lines looking a class act.This is the best i have seen Troy ride since the Copenhagen GP i really hope he can keep it going because we all know there is a world class rider in there.

Couldn’t agree more. He was confident in the track which allowed him to attack it at pace!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

We had sh1te for years at the dog track mate, it served its purpose and now we have a great track, Swindon have a new track that just needs to settle as does any new track, when it does you to will have a good track that allows for proper racing.

Yeah exactly which why I'm surprised of the attitude of some of your fans on here.  Belle Vue have always had a good few fans at Swindon (fair play to them!) so if any of those really think that last night was as bad as the old track has been for the last few years then I will be amazed. You will find no bigger critic of the Swindon track than me, it has put me off going in recent years.

I am sure that all of the Swindon regulars on here will say they have seen more decent races in the first few meetings than the last 5 seasons put together. Yes its not perfect, I don't think BV was for a while after the new track was laid, but its getting there and the racing has improved so for us long suffering gate and go watchers its an improvement and we like it.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:
Just now, thecoombdog said:

Yeah exactly which why I'm surprised of the attitude of some of your fans on here.  Belle Vue have always had a good few fans at Swindon (fair play to them!) so if any of those really think that last night was as bad as the old track has been for the last few years then I will be amazed. You will find no bigger critic of the Swindon track than me, it has put me off going in recent years.

Really wouldn't pay much attention to what acef says on here.....

2 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I'm sorry but there is no attitude here.

The mate I know who was down there last night is a former stock car driver, been in and around the speedway scene for years and just generally knows his onions when it comes to dirt and oval motor sports in this country.

Rob as well has been going to speedway for donkeys years. Up and down the uk watching bv home and away. He is well qualified to hold an opinion and if he says the track wasnt great I'll take his word for that. 

Like my post above said, it's not bitterness, it's a need to find a standard across the uk that is of premium quality and some tracks are really letting that down (swindon are FAR from the worst)

10 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Convenient to leave out Rob, who holds a similar opinion, a seasoned speedway supporter, isn't it? I guess that doesn't fit your agenda.

Do me a favour moving forward, dont engage me through the 3rd person and have the balls to do it directly 

Cheers

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/batchelor-revels-in-swindon-success--targets-gp-return/

Batch’s comments which back up what we witnessed last night.

Think it's best to leave it here now.

Some people believe the track still has teething issues and others dont. We will never agree.

Good luck for the season

3 minutes ago, acef said:

Think it's best to leave it here now.

Some people believe the track still has teething issues and others dont. We will never agree.

Good luck for the season

That's a rider perspective who was out on the track.

Doesnt matter weather track was great or track was poor. 

Because of expectations that was our worst result of the year. Last nights result was not good enough. 

Well done Swindon. Good win for u guys 

• Like 2

It must be very entertaining standing near Belle Vue fans when your team is riding against them. I can just imagine the conversation.

"Oooh, this track is rubbish. It's nowhere near as good as Belle Vue."

"Quite right. Belle Vue is the best track in the World. This track is rubbish. Look. He hit a bump. I'm going to mark it in my programme." Marks it in programme. "He'd never have hit a bump at Belle Vue. Belle Vue is the best track EVER."

Max Fricke then breaks the track record.

"Wow. If that's a track record, Lord knows what it's like when it's NOT a track record. It must be terrible."

"Must be. It's such a terrible track. Not like Belle Vue."

Slight pause. Then, both at the same time: "Belle Vue is the best track EVER."

Give us an A - "A".....

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Doesnt matter weather track was great or track was poor. 

Because of expectations that was our worst result of the year. Last nights result was not good enough. 

Well done Swindon. Good win for u guys 

How good has Fricke been Phil this year? i have followed his scores and  last night he looks to me  like he is heading into prime years as a rider really quick i  just hope he can crack the GP scene love watching him ride.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How good has Fricke been Phil this year? i have followed his scores and  last night he looks to me  like he is heading into prime years as a rider really quick i  just hope he can crack the GP scene love watching him ride.

He reminds me so much of Leigh Adams in his riding style, biggest compliment I can pay him!!!

• Like 2

There’s only been five or six meetings on the new track so it’s still early days and it’s definitely heading in the right direction. There was three decent races last night and that’s three more than I’ve seen at Swindon over the last few years, even when we’ve been winning. 

The Aces were rubbish last night and this Swindon team will push us hard on our “best track in the world” :D

• Like 1