British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

16 minutes ago, noggin said:

No it wasn't, gavan mentioned the track and it carried on from there, 

And the Swindon fan fuelled the fire. 

• Haha 1

A comfortable home win. 15+ win easy 

Just hoping the track is good enough for the lads to perform flat out as previously, this season even when taking it easy it’s claimed a few victims. :cry:

No why should there be? BT don’t compensate Poole for showing the meeting.

2 hours ago, ouch said:

Just hoping the track is good enough for the lads to perform flat out as previously, this season even when taking it easy it’s claimed a few victims. :cry:

What victims?

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

No discounted admission on monday for the TV match?

They can't afford to. They are up with the dearest for a family( top prices for u16's). Best supported in the league, and still loosing money so Ford said.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Did he spend the PILE he made when crowds were much more substantial? Whatever he did with it, he clearly did not re-invest much of it in Poole Speedway especially the track.

"Love the sport" is the cry of all the current promoters - I don't think so! Short termist, grab the cash ( when there is some ) and run. They cannot be losing hand over fist as some claim, no-one would do that for more than a season. You would sell up for 30 bob ( £1.50 for the younger members ) just to get rid of the debt liability. Do you really expect us to believe that they truly feel that the UK sport can be turned around and have few spaces on the terraces. Not going to happen under the "forward thinking - more of the same please" BSPA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No why should there be? BT don’t compensate Poole for showing the meeting.

Broadcasting these events from an empty stadium shows the sport in a bad light. Surely the promoters want the casual viewer to think that Speedway is still popular in this country. A big crowd might encourage a few people to return to the sport, or some newbies to give it a try.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Broadcasting these events from an empty stadium shows the sport in a bad light. Surely the promoters want the casual viewer to think that Speedway is still popular in this country. A big crowd might encourage a few people to return to the sport, or some newbies to give it a try.

I agree should be a tenner tomorrow night and children free . matt said when Ipswich was there earlier in the season they lost a five figure sum with only 840 attending could be the same tomorrow night as well we shall see

Hi guys.

Sorry for bothering you all.

Trying to get hold of the Poole fan I met at the Prague GP last night. He helped out Darren who was showing us around the pits.

We were on the roof together.

I got the stuff you lent him back after you had gone.

If he sees this can he  send me an email and I will post the stuff back to you (afraid I got back more than we lent out).

Paul (a cheetahs fan).

Edited by paul666

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I agree should be a tenner tomorrow night and children free . matt said when Ipswich was there earlier in the season they lost a five figure sum with only 840 attending could be the same tomorrow night as well we shall see

And you will pick up the £20,000 shortfall? Clubs can’t afford to reduce prices. 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Take it by reading this you wont be going either ?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And you will pick up the £20,000 shortfall? Clubs can’t afford to reduce prices. 

no I am not in the same bracket as you financially it just an opinion .I thought that what the forum is for 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Take it by reading this you wont be going either ?

steve little lap dog has arrived 

• Like 1

Speedway needs to bin tv league coverage, bar the final each yr every match makes a loss it seems, bar the bank holidays and random summer meeting

• Like 1