British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What a fantastic backs to the walls performance from Pirates. Against all the odds after losing our number one in heat one, the rest of the boys rallied in difficult conditions to pick up the three points. Well done to the whole team. 

Now to sort out the track. 

Ever thought about doing stand-up comedy ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Bad as tonight has been for Wolves, Luke Becker has been excellent again and Heat 14 may yet prove to be a massive turning point in the season with the ride by Morris.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Wasn’t the track meant to be sorted for this meeting! Such a shame it’s served up this. Have watched a few heats whilst in-between races at Swindon. 

Also, we’ve been constantly told that the dust was because of midday meetings, can someone explain to me why you’ve dust & a blue groove tonight? No excuses. 

From the feedback I’m getting from someone who is at Swindon, it ain’t much better there.

Bumps everywhere 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acef said:

From the feedback I’m getting from someone who is at Swindon, it ain’t much better there.

Bumps everywhere 

No bumps at all. Track was decent, fast & close racing. Only have to see that by the track record being broken twice. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

At the end of the day I’m big enough and ambiguous enough to not make this just about Poole.

A lot on here to just want to pop off at Poole, well because it’s poole.

There are a number of tracks in the uk that just need sorting out and Poole happens to be one of them.

Swindon tonight sounds equally as bad.

Did Grizzly Adams just describe tonight's result as "reasonable"?  Dreadful is closer to the truth. Poole without a #1 & a reserve that doesn't look close to scoring. Opportunity missed. Becker is the only Wolf who can be happy with his evening.

Just now, hyabb17 said:

No bumps at all. Track was decent, fast & close racing. Only have to see that by the track record being broken twice. 

Record being broken means nothing.

Im not there, but as I said, the feedback I’ve had is that the track was bumpy and Fricke essentially retired in heat 15 because of it.

A couple of other riders as well almost getting off.

Like I said, I’m not there but I trust the judgment of the person who is.

....and people wonder why the sport is at rock bottom! Rubbish meeting, rubbish track and a rubbishhole of a stadium and all played out on TV...you couldn’t make it up! 

Very easy in the end. Wolves poor to be honest. 

Not a good meeting and lets all hope the upcoming track improvements get the track back to where it was before. 

Special mention to Klindt who was sensational. Hope Jack is OK. 

Another mention to Becker who was good value and deserved heat 15. 

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Bad as tonight has been for Wolves, Luke Becker has been excellent again and Heat 14 may yet prove to be a massive turning point in the season with the ride by Morris.

Let’s hope. This team is built now clearly to be in form for the play offs. I have huge doubts however that may even happen.

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Did Grizzly Adams just describe tonight's result as "reasonable"?  Dreadful is closer to the truth. Poole without a #1 & a reserve that doesn't look close to scoring. Opportunity missed. Becker is the only Wolf who can be happy with his evening.

Masters 3rd highest scorer overall on the night.

What an embarrassment of a meeting that was!.... THREE position passes all night and no lead changes whatsoever. Utter and complete rubbish. 

11 minutes ago, acef said:

Bumps everywhere 

Think that is sour grapes. Was the best it's been this season. Your riders were just plop bar Fricke who was class.

• Like 1