British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

27 minutes ago, acef said:

At the end of the day I’m big enough and ambiguous enough to not make this just about Poole.

A lot on here to just want to pop off at Poole, well because it’s poole.

There are a number of tracks in the uk that just need sorting out and Poole happens to be one of them.

Actually most of them need fixing one way or another.  It's the biggest problem the sport faces in this country.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What a strange thing to say. What on earth is a cart dealership?:blink:

The track work is reported to be starting this week. I am not in the country so can’t pop down to take a look but from what I can gather proper heavy equipment is being bought in and fresh new shale laid. Guess we will find out if it’s an improvement next home meeting.

As for tonight, a good solid win against a full strength Wolves team who have gone backwards bringing in Thorssell and Morris. Should have kept their other 1-7.

What's so strange?  Most strange comments about things Poole come from you

As you're out of the country, does that show that your cart dealership is an international business?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why are you editing my post for? Against forum rules. So first sentence I didn't actually say...:rolleyes:

Didn't realise I did Lisa. Please point it out.

2 minutes ago, Col said:

5-1ed twice. Heat 15 & when in as a TS.

3 wins out of 6 rides. 12 points from 6 rides was a decent number one performance.

Wolves aren’t built with a solid number one. He scored just above his average. So decent effort. 

Well that was an excruciating watch tonight. Never did I think I would see the once mighty Poole in this state. Awful meeting on a dangerous track with bumps, inconsistent preparation and a large blue groove.  The shabbily turned out Pirates , residing in what looks like a rundown stadium in front of the lowest crowd I've seen for a Poole TV match.  If anybody was in any doubt that the sport is on life support this was it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

What's so strange?  Most strange comments about things Poole come from you

As you're out of the country, does that show that your cart dealership is an international business?

Think you better start taking the tablets again.:blink:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Found it. Was a mistake. When I quote someone and reply, my desktop pc starts the reply by replacing the quoted post. I have to do it twice to reply properly. I must of missed this one. Sorry :t:

Well my mind was open but that was sh!te. 

• Like 4

Never thought I would say this but to see Poole Speedway like that is sad .. No crowd a cow pat of a track and stadium looking like a tip ..The grass  in the center green was not even cut .. The meeting itself was garbage and that is being kind .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I got on here to have my say, however I will take the easy option & just agree 100% with the Bagpuss!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Think that is sour grapes. Was the best it's been this season. Your riders were just plop bar Fricke who was class.

That's what a mate of mine who went told me by text just after heat 15.

Just now, bellevueace said:

That's what a mate of mine who went told me by text just after heat 15.

Yeah Fricke rode into bend 1 too hard chasing Doyle but that was his mistake. Absolute F all to do with the track. Sorry again for posting on this thread!!

31 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

First sentence I didn't write, as you can see in my original post. But if is in your quoted one, so you must have put it there! Not that it is a bad comment. But I didn't write it!!

first meeting I have missed tonight saved our money and watch it at home what a sorry state of affairs is poole speedway poor crowd less than 900 .hopefully with track due to start this week it will improve for our next home meeting Thursday week well done to the pirates win on a awful track:t: 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

First sentence I didn't write, as you can see in my original post. But if is in your quoted one, so you must have put it there! Not that it is a bad comment. But I didn't write it!!

I have explained it. Have another look :)

• Like 1