British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Well my mind was open but that was sh!te. 

Should have been at Lynn tonight.How could you stop in and watch that when we had a derby against Ipswich:t:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats rich coming from you that stayed at home. What did you do count everybody in the stadium ?  you come on here and slag it off and the poor attendance yet you stayed at home. 

The track was dire. The crowd was sub 1000. It don't need a Poole fan to see that Starry.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Should have been at Lynn tonight.How could you stop in and watch that when we had a derby against Ipswich:t:

I’m a self employed gardener so extremely busy this time of year  and I just don’t get home from work early enough to get to Lynn without rushing around like a blue arsed fly and having to eat a rat burger at the stadium for tea. If the racing was better and I was able to get home a bit earlier afterwards I might pop along a little more often but as it is it’s once in s blue moon at Lynn for me as it just doesn’t feel worth £18. It’s a pity as I hardly missed a meeting for thirty odd years. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats rich coming from you that stayed at home. What did you do count everybody in the stadium ?  you come on here and slag it off and the poor attendance yet you stayed at home. 

at least I am honest in what I say not the normal rubbish you write .actually its a treat that you don't post as much on here  these days still onward and upward .roll on Thursday week :t:ps as you seem to know everything you tell me why gates are down more and more these days :nono:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

Is BT Sport helping the demise of speedway ??? Surely Tattum/Pearson and the other so called experts know what a poor race track Wimborne road is? yet they still decide to televise there, when they could have easily gone to Kings Lynn for a local derby match....surely the atmosphere and the racing would have been better from an entertainment spectacle?

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You are defending the indefensible again. It was a poor crowd nobody can deny that and the track was awful. 

Tatum’s fault. Went around vandalising it before the meeting by sting a bloody screwdriver in it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tatum’s fault. Went around vandalising it before the meeting by sting a bloody screwdriver in it!

I did notice that one of the bumps popped up just where KT had been digging!

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I did notice that one of the bumps popped up just where KT had been digging!

Exactly. He stuck his screwdriver in on the first bend, deflated it and a poor young yank paid the price!

• Like 1

I popped along for my first meeting at Poole this season. Not a classic by any means. Little atmosphere or enthusiasm.

Id estimate the crowd to be around the 1000 mark. Poor by Poole standards. 

As for the track, I have seen far worse this season elsewhere!

Heard from one of the track guys that they put down the last 3 digger buckets of shale they had left. I thought it was common knowledge that the track work was starting today? 

Clearly lots of work to be done before the next home meeting. Ive got more than my fingers crossed that they get it right.

The only real positive for me was seeing lots of friends that I havent seen for a while.

Riders must be desperate for a pay day to have ridden that track last night.

Why on earth didn’t Ford (s) have the good grace and decency to call off meetings until the complete track relay is carried out ?

Last night was dangerous for the riders a con for the spectators and damaging to the Sport of Speedway.  Then again could it be more damaged than it already is.

Matt Ford, hang your head in shame.

7 minutes ago, BobC said:

I popped along for my first meeting at Poole this season. Not a classic by any means. Little atmosphere or enthusiasm.

Id estimate the crowd to be around the 1000 mark. Poor by Poole standards. 

As for the track, I have seen far worse this season elsewhere!

Heard from one of the track guys that they put down the last 3 digger buckets of shale they had left. I thought it was common knowledge that the track work was starting today? 

Clearly lots of work to be done before the next home meeting. Ive got more than my fingers crossed that they get it right.

The only real positive for me was seeing lots of friends that I havent seen for a while.

I would agree with all of that. The track wasn’t good. We all know that but the expected venom thrown on this thread was as expected. The track at Swindon last bank holiday evening was far worse than last night and caused Doyle to withdraw with an injury. Wasn’t on tv though for everyone to witness.

Wimborne Road is a fantastic racetrack. We all know that. I hope the work about to be undertaken brings it back to its best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You are defending the indefensible again. It was a poor crowd nobody can deny that and the track was awful. 

Fair play to you forever!!! for being honest and open   i hope they can get the track back to where it deserves to  be because we all know when it is right it is a terrific racetrack.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would agree with all of that. The track wasn’t good. We all know that but the expected venom thrown on this thread was as expected. The track at Swindon last bank holiday evening was far worse than last night and caused Doyle to withdraw with an injury. Wasn’t on tv though for everyone to witness.

Wimborne Road is a fantastic racetrack. We all know that. I hope the work about to be undertaken brings it back to its best.

I'm going to bite here: - Doyle crashed at Poole earlier that day & clattered the fence quite hard due to poor track conditions. Swindon was nowhere near where it should have been come the evening meeting but what I will say is that our track has had an overhaul with bends 1 & 2 being bought in & a metre taken in from the inside all the way round. This is bound to take time to settle, not an excuse more like fact. We all said that they should have started earlier but the stadium owners would not allow this.

Poole on the other hand really have no excuses, the track has been the same for years due to lack of money being spent & it's gone to pot. Riders are crashing far too often, surely it can't be rider error/over riding every time as we're told.

Poole's shape is okay but to say it's ''fantastic'' is a tad optimistic. I do hope that the promotion spend money on it as it's far too dangerous currently. The blue groove picture going round is a joke.

Edited by hyabb17