British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

As previously stated how do you think the cut out came out then? Do you have another viable reason?

If Nick says that is the reason then fair enough. But he hasn't and you are making an assumption. Seeing as you commented on his FB status, maybe you should have asked him if that was the actual reason..?

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

At least he managed that safely. Nobody wants to ride such a bumpy track particularly when coming back from an injury. 

You really can’t fault a riders effort when the track was so bumpy. 

Yes agreed and he overtook Covatti , one of the few passes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I didn't say it wasn't bumpy, it clearly was and it needs sorting.

Sorry if you didn't see my side of funny,we must have a different sense of humour up here.It was more of a little dig at Morris really.I expected you to see that FB.My second sentence was merely stating what i saw last year when i was down.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Sorry if you didn't see my side of funny,we must have a different sense of humour up here.It was more of a little dig at Morris really.I expected you to see that FB.My second sentence was merely stating what i saw last year when i was down.

Yes saw the joke but thought you inferred i had said it wasn't bumpy, Morris had issues until a good third ride to overtake Covatti.

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

has the work started today on re-laying the track today and will it be done for next weeks match against b/vue ? 

You can’t see the track for graders and heavy plant. The place is a hive of activity... There is even a fella that looks like MF on a giant mixer blending the new shale mix... :-) All overseen of course by a Starman lookalike who appears to be the Quality Controller and is referring to a document titled “Glen’s guide to laying the perfect speedway track 2017/18”. 

Edited by Aviator
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm fairly sure Morris would have done very little in heat 14 had Covatti not given him a shove, that seemed to inspire him.

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If Nick says that is the reason then fair enough. But he hasn't and you are making an assumption. Seeing as you commented on his FB status, maybe you should have asked him if that was the actual reason..?

You are also making an assumption that he pulled up in 2 rides with engine failure. It’s not rocket science to see why Morris had little interest in racing that night.

2 minutes ago, dump that clutch said:

latest picture from Monday's meeting :D

Image result for old motocross pictures

10 out of 10 for artistic impression

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You are also making an assumption that he pulled up in 2 rides with engine failure. It’s not rocket science to see why Morris had little interest in racing that night.

No I haven't, have I said anywhere why I think it happened? No. Again why not ask him instead of assuming, as at the moment it is just your opinion. Only Nick or his mechanic can confirm if it's a fact. 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

FB_IMG_1560946522770.jpg

Work has started 

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No I haven't, have I said anywhere why I think it happened? No. Again why not ask him instead of assuming, as at the moment it is just your opinion. Only Nick or his mechanic can confirm if it's a fact. 

Not sure that would work, most riders make excuses.

• Like 1

Good to see work has started on the track, my question would be: If a rider had suffered an injury in Mondays meeting, serious or otherwise as a direct result of the very poor track conditions - who would be to blame?