British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would agree with all of that. The track wasn’t good. We all know that but the expected venom thrown on this thread was as expected. The track at Swindon last bank holiday evening was far worse than last night and caused Doyle to withdraw with an injury. Wasn’t on tv though for everyone to witness.

Wimborne Road is a fantastic racetrack. We all know that. I hope the work about to be undertaken brings it back to its best.

The low crowd, dump of a stadium and cabbage patch track is symptomatic of the dreadful state of uk speedway, what a mess. Poole used to be the club to look up too...well run, successful and profit making...NOT now! Very sad. 

Whats with all this 'blue groove' bit. Its not exclusive to Poole you know.

Ive been to Poole, Somerset,Plymouth,Glasgow,Edinburgh,Berwick, Cradley,Kent, Sheffield this season. Guess what? The 'blue groove' has appeared at every single track! It what the riders want.

Edited by BobC
  • Like 1

Watched this on record and glad i did

Very poor advert for our sport

The track is an absolute shambles

Granted not all tracks provide great racing but at least they are not dangerous as Pooles is

For the match itself Wolverhampton are looking a lot poorer since Thorsell and Morris have come in.... at least Nicholls gives 110%

Looks like Wolves and Lynn could be battling it out for the wooden spoon at the moment

Poole didnt have a lot to beat and losing Jack had no affect as his rides yielded a paid maximum.......Klindt showing again that he is a gating tart which is what you need at Poole these days as no rider is going to try and pass for the risk of coming off

This Poole team look like battling it out for 4th spot with Peterborough and i think they could just do enough to get 4th

The track at Poole has never looked good on tv to me, suprised the bikes don't get damaged being rigid on the back, the increased risk of injury should have been discussed a long time ago.

Not a race track really is it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would agree with all of that. The track wasn’t good. We all know that but the expected venom thrown on this thread was as expected. The track at Swindon last bank holiday evening was far worse than last night and caused Doyle to withdraw with an injury. Wasn’t on tv though for everyone to witness.

Wimborne Road is a fantastic racetrack. We all know that. I hope the work about to be undertaken brings it back to its best.

In all fairness Steve it’s hardly ‘expected venom’. The track was dreadful and was rightly pointed out as so. Even you say so!

When even riders, commentators and a team manager comment on the condition of the track, it is unacceptable. Let's see what the machine booked for Tuesday does to improve the track - along with presumably some new shale. Or is the blue groove going to become a permanent feature?

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

When even riders, commentators and a team manager comment on the condition of the track, it is unacceptable. Let's see what the machine booked for Tuesday does to improve the track - along with presumably some new shale. Or is the blue groove going to become a permanent feature?

I’m a little tired of hearing about the expected track work to improve the problem. How many times over the recent few years?

It seems major work is required to fix the dreadful bumps because what has been attempted before has clearly failed.

And before anyone accusing me of track hating, I’ve normally been one to praise the Poole track over the years. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You are defending the indefensible again. It was a poor crowd nobody can deny that and the track was awful. 

Klindt has! He said it was good to see so many people there!

It seems Mr Ford's entrepreneurial skills have let him down ,his novel idea of introducing moto x on speedway bikes doesn't seem to have gone down too well with the paying public.

57 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That infers it was better than normal or does he mean it was a good crowd considering the state of the track and the fact it was on telly. Probably just his sense of humour!

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Must be sarcasm

Obvious to anyone the crowd was awful.....same as when us at Ipswich were at home the other week on TV

Fans either voting with their feet due to the track or simply (like Ipswich) adding no incentive to come along and watch rather than watch on the TV

I dont understand why you trying to defend the crowd level....it was poor

Also , forgetting the track, the stadium looked shambolic , thats not like Poole, Ford certainly wants out , doesnt seem to care to much anymore

Did anybody notice Matt Ford at the press conference entertaing a group of people, i think they were on the center green during the meeting, potential buyers or sponsors? 

Funny everyone on here slating the Poole track, what did the riders think of it 

54 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Did anybody notice Matt Ford at the press conference entertaing a group of people, i think they were on the center green during the meeting, potential buyers or sponsors? 

a possible explanation arthur could be that as you know the meeting sponsors watch the last 2or 3 races from the centregreen then present the rider of the night award,last night rotn was announced, sponsors went on finishing line to present trophy,waited and waited with photographer, no rider arrived ! announcer then said"oh well youll have to give nicoli the trophy in the grandstand",so they trundled off through the long grass,trophy in hand, to the grandstand(klindt is so good with fans it must be bad organisation or communication by organisers)Understand crowd was indeed around the 1000