British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

MF not really asking £500.000 for the promotional tights is he? Clearly doesn't want to sell up. A fairer price might be something like 5% of that.

He must have taken plenty out as his due reward during the 'gold old days' of much bigger crowds.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Funny everyone on here slating the Poole track, what did the riders think of it 

Funnily enough they all said it was bumpy!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

MF not really asking £500.000 for the promotional tights is he? Clearly doesn't want to sell up. A fairer price might be something like 5% of that.

He must have taken plenty out as his due reward during the 'gold old days' of much bigger crowds.

That was the figure mentioned at first. A starting figure I guess, but not realistic. But now Ford says himself that he has lost money. Theres not much to sell imho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

To summarise the interviews..

"It's bumpy, then you hit some slick, then you get some grip, it's not easy to ride"...

And Kelvin questioned it on more than several occasions...

I would even have suggested that he threw in the odd grenade or two, but a couple of explosions on that track wouldn't probably have been noticed... :D

Poole used to be the bar raiser for British Speedway, sad to see it looking somewhat past its prime..

Hope Matt gets his mojo back because it does look like he may have lost some of it...

Staying one step ahead does eventually bring burn out to many, and Poole have always had a somewhat fickle support due to some of their following just expecting to just rock up and win...

The part of the support who currently seem to be waiting to see a winning team appear before turning up more regularly..

British Speedway needs a strong Poole, let's hope it can sort itself out..

Edited by mikebv

43 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Agreed. MF has missed the boat as far as a big sale goes, No one in there right mind would pay a fraction of that sort of money for a speedway club. The sport has crumbled around him and his club is now almost worthless. He has publicised the fact the club are losing big money so he’s shot himself in the foot.! Not too smart! If the truth be known most speedway clubs are in the same position and are also unsalable! What a mess! 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Ask them, Masters clip from the pits of him doing a bouncy action tells you all you need to know. 

Morris Facebook status is another unhappy rider.

perhaps if the Poole riders say it’s all right you will believe them? Even Middlo has said work needs to be carried on it before the next match.

Its clear no one is slating the Poole track, they are giving an honest review of what they witnessed. 

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Nicolai Klindt must be heartbroken with all the gating tart put downs.:)

He isn't a gating tart he is a good gater but he is very capable of passing but his gating well certainly makes life easier for him. 

9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Ask them, Masters clip from the pits of him doing a bouncy action tells you all you need to know. 

Morris Facebook status is another unhappy rider.

perhaps if the Poole riders say it’s all right you will believe them? Even Middlo has said work needs to be carried on it before the next match.

Its clear no one is slating the Poole track, they are giving an honest review of what they witnessed. 

Nick Morris broke down twice nothing to do with the track. 

3 hours ago, poole keith said:

a possible explanation arthur could be that as you know the meeting sponsors watch the last 2or 3 races from the centregreen then present the rider of the night award,last night rotn was announced, sponsors went on finishing line to present trophy,waited and waited with photographer, no rider arrived ! announcer then said"oh well youll have to give nicoli the trophy in the grandstand",so they trundled off through the long grass,trophy in hand, to the grandstand(klindt is so good with fans it must be bad organisation or communication by organisers)Understand crowd was indeed around the 1000

The people with matt were different to the ones that presented the rider of the night trophy 

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He isn't a gating tart he is a good gater but he is very capable of passing but his gating well certainly makes life easier for him. 

I bet there are many riders who wish they are gating tarts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Must be sarcasm

Obvious to anyone the crowd was awful.....same as when us at Ipswich were at home the other week on TV

Fans either voting with their feet due to the track or simply (like Ipswich) adding no incentive to come along and watch rather than watch on the TV

I dont understand why you trying to defend the crowd level....it was poor

Also , forgetting the track, the stadium looked shambolic , thats not like Poole, Ford certainly wants out , doesnt seem to care to much anymore

I'm not defending the crowd level, I just said a rider has. I never said if I did or didn't agree with them! 

Also I can understand people have a problem with the track but what is wrong with the stadium exactly? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

That infers it was better than normal or does he mean it was a good crowd considering the state of the track and the fact it was on telly. Probably just his sense of humour!

Or being diplomatic? Not sure really..

55 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Nick Morris broke down twice nothing to do with the track. 

Maybe it was one of the bumps that made his cut out come out :rofl: