British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And you will pick up the £20,000 shortfall? Clubs can’t afford to reduce prices. 

Shouldn't be paying out that much....

.A HUGE outlay for a sport with such a small following..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

Speedway needs to bin tv league coverage, bar the final each yr every match makes a loss it seems, bar the bank holidays and random summer meeting

There is a place for speedway on tv every other sport seems to do ok it just proves that the promotorsdeal not very good at negotiating a good deal just an opinion

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And you will pick up the £20,000 shortfall? Clubs can’t afford to reduce prices. 

£20,000?? Thats over 1300 paying adults (taking account of VAT) Are there that many each week anyway to make that possible even if it was made free on the night?

Charging full admission will mean many hundreds will stay at home and watch it on TV and is a sure way of maximising that shortfall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Speedway needs to bin tv league coverage, bar the final each yr every match makes a loss it seems, bar the bank holidays and random summer meeting

I am beginning to agree especially when each televised match portrays a sport that has a couple of hundred elderly people still following. I was a firm advocate of keeping speedway on TV but the promoters have no idea how to utilise it to best effect. So, yes, perhaps it is time to end it when the current contract runs out. Before taking on this contract they should have jointly agreed to open the doors for £10 and make an effort to fill it up. Are the sponsors over the moon with the coverage they get and so urge Buster et al to continue with it?

• Like 3

Swindon reduced the entry price and have a very good crowd at their last televised meeting

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon reduced the entry price and have a very good crowd at their last televised meeting

Speak for it's.self then doesn't cut the price improve the gate simple really 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Take it by reading this you wont be going either ?

How much entry do you pay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I am beginning to agree especially when each televised match portrays a sport that has a couple of hundred elderly people still following. I was a firm advocate of keeping speedway on TV but the promoters have no idea how to utilise it to best effect. So, yes, perhaps it is time to end it when the current contract runs out. Before taking on this contract they should have jointly agreed to open the doors for £10 and make an effort to fill it up. Are the sponsors over the moon with the coverage they get and so urge Buster et al to continue with it?

To pay for two hours worth of advertising for your business in a prime time evening slot would cost thousands and thousands...

Speedway gets it for even better than free because they actually get money..

Yet many seem to never use this HUGE opportunity to advertise themselves...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Shouldn't be paying out that much....

.A HUGE outlay for a sport with such a small following..

He's just making it up as per usual.

• Like 4

Let’s hope Brady Kurtz scores better than he did in Sweden on Thursday (0,0,ex/t,0).:oops:

Yeah he did have a bit of a mare on Thursday.

Hope Richie Worrall continues his good form from this weekend though.

Shall watch this, out of hope rather than anticipation.

I've made my mind up, I shall watch the cyclists going past my house on the bumpy dusty path instead of watching this meeting.....same thing really, just cheaper.

I have said this before but if people stay away you will not get any money from them, even if you charge a tenner, that’s ten quid you would not have got otherwise, it doesn’t cost anymore to run the stadium if you have 500 people in or 5000 so you might as well pack the place out.

500 adults at £20 a pop is 10k

1000 adults at £10 a pop is also 10k

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marko said:

I have said this before but if people stay away you will not get any money from them, even if you charge a tenner, that’s ten quid you would not have got otherwise, it doesn’t cost anymore to run the stadium if you have 500 people in or 5000 so you might as well pack the place out.

500 adults at £20 a pop is 10k

1000 adults at £10 a pop is also 10k

Some people on here struggle with maths.