British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Ipswich 17/06/2019

Win lose or draw as a team

All have had big scores and all have had some poor nights

Cracking result and 2 points was the least we deserved :cheers:

• Like 1

Everyone knows witches more often than not will struggle away from home after heat 12, should have got summers 3 rides out of the way early to have a stronger finish using heeps to the absolutely maximum, tonight he was used to his maximum but not absolute 

I think that has to be considered a point gained considering we were six down twice towards the end of the meeting but we can’t afford to drop home points especially against essentially a two man team on the night. We need Riss back ASAP and somebody either in the team now or who can be brought in to step up to the plate at reserve on a regular basis. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

Summers was in decent form so expected more from him tonight. It can’t be understated what a fit Jake Allen brings to our team so to still be picking up league points without him is a huge credit. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that has to be considered a point gained considering we were six down twice towards the end of the meeting but we can’t afford to drop home points especially against essentially a two man team on the night. We need Riss back ASAP and somebody either in the team now or who can be brought in to step up to the plate at reserve on a regular basis. 

Yeah you got lucky ;)

At least karma came along to whoop Proctors arse :D

42 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Still want to get rid of Bomber, Witches fans????

One swallow and all that. It's one of his favourite tracks. Saw him get a great 15 pointer there for rye house a couple of seasons ago. Made every start bar one and passed Holder in that one. 

Bomber was sublime tonight and Cam awesome. Im sure all the others will be kicking themselves which is how it should be as it shows it means something to them

• Like 1

First the positives from tonight. The 2 Lamberts , Cook when he woke up ,and Jorgensen. The negatives were Toft, Proctor , and Kerr. Good to see Dale Allitt back at the arena. Why was there a interval when we had already had 2 long track grading breaks. Meeting took far to long to complete.

49 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bomber was sublime tonight and Cam awesome. Im sure all the others will be kicking themselves which is how it should be as it shows it means something to them

Problem with Lawson tonight was that dodgy mechanic he was using:wink::lol:

Not a bad meeting tonight,glad to get a point out of it in the end.It must of been me taking my missus for a change as to why Lynn didn't win.But i couldn't deny her the chance of watching one of her favourite riders(Bomber).And he delivered the goods.Thought we were going to nick it in the end until Lambert locked up a bit on bend 4 which allowed Harris through.But in the end a fair result.I'm pretty sure Lynn will be a bit stronger in July.

Edited by tellboy

Just now, tellboy said:

Problem with Lawson tonight was that dodgy mechanic he was using:wink::lol:

:blink::P

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

Think you will find it was just the odd one on here calling for a change. Hopefully Baldyman will eat a huge slice of humble pie now ?. Well done Bomber and Cam. Top job lads

Have a chat with ya self,,, he was awsome tonight and deserves every bit of credit,, but that's one good meeting so far,,,,, now if he does that week in week out I will eat as much humble pie one man can eat,,,, until that happens, the only pie I will be eating is chicken and mushroom. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ah just in from a great trip up to Lynn, brilliant performance from the witches tonight especially when 8 points down after just 5 races things weren’t looking quite so promising! 

Shame lawson king and summers weren’t more at the races and we could knicked a win! Surprised at just how poor summers was tbh, I know it’s kerr/lamberts home track but he was nowhere near them, he was never going to be banging points in like jakey but that was beyond poor. As was Lawson, he looked nervous on track tonight to me and bikes didn’t look fast.

Lynn would always come strong with lambert and cook late on but what a ride from bomber to have the last laugh in ht15!

anyway another 2 points happily gained on the road as the supposed “whipping boys” once again harness the underdog spirit and rise to the occasion can’t wait until we get a meeting where everyone is firing!

up the witches!

• Like 3

Oh and one other thing,, full credit to taps,, beerhut, mini beerhut and pob for making some awsome noise tonight,,, awsome stuff fellas. 

• Thanks 3

We don’t seem to be having any luck with our choice of guests at the moment. Maybe we should pick guests from the championship who aren’t riding for a premiership team so we get 100% from them, someone like Ryan Douglas who is averaging 9 in the championship this season. Even Josh Auty would’ve been better around the AFA.

Anyway a good 2 points tonight to surprise a few more people who keep writing us off.

• Like 1

Another good 2 points 

Our number one scores only one though Lawson has never gone week there

We miss Jake we would have had 4 points tonight with him there