British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Ipswich 17/06/2019

One question for the regular Lynn fans, is there always that much tractor racing? I’ll admit the track was very good last night but the meeting went on somewhat, was all but 10pm by the finish, only ever that late at Foxhall if we have crashes etc throughout

8 hours ago, mrss said:

Why was there a interval when we had already had 2 long track grading breaks. Meeting took far to long to complete.

You must have all grasped by now that the tractor racing is, in fact, a kind of meditation for Buster, or therapy to allow him to recover from the stresses of controlling UK speedway - saving it ( some say ) from extinction. All of that comes at a cost and I don't mean of the financial kind. It is a mental battle dealing with all of the suspicious snipings and the only place Buster can refresh himself is behind the tractor wheel, The laps fly by and he is far removed from all of the horridness that speedway encompasses for him. And as we know the opinion of fans is also far from his mind ( in fact when out there "improving " the track those opinions are not in his mind at all ).

Someone else said - due to the poor quality of racing ( and the tractor therapy for the boss ) "it’s once in s blue moon at Lynn for me as it just doesn’t feel worth £18. It’s a pity as I hardly missed a meeting for thirty odd years." And since the creation of the track for me I hardly missed a match - it was my beloved " Oh Yes!" place. Last night I preferred to watch the Live TV match ( which was appalling 3/10 ). That match at Poole showed clearly why it better not to show UK league racing on TV as it puts people off from going to see it in the stadium. That's what it does for me, except when it's from the NSS.

• Like 2

Some people are getting so much older and predictable in what they say. Some just repeat the same thing over and over again:neutral:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

One question for the regular Lynn fans, is there always that much tractor racing? I’ll admit the track was very good last night but the meeting went on somewhat, was all but 10pm by the finish, only ever that late at Foxhall if we have crashes etc throughout

The meeting at Swindon had a couple of delays but still finished at 9.15, a decent length of meeting with little tractor racing.

• Like 1

It’s always been said that a longer meeting means more food, drink and bar sales for Buster and I can’t think of a reason which trumps that one. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s always been said that a longer meeting means more food, drink and bar sales for Buster and I can’t think of a reason which trumps that one. 

And at Kings Lynn the beneficiary is of course Buster.  Other tracks don’t in main, have that source of income.   When you have a captive audience you want them as long as possible.

Generally I disagree with those moaning about track grading. After all what is more important than trying to maintain a surface that has a chance if producing what fans want - exciting racing

Last night did seem excessive. I would say that where that much work is intended more equipment is needed in order to do the work in less time

That said we were rewarded with a number of great battles last night and a very decent race meeting

Surely the cost of fuel for the tractor racing out weighs the pittance gained from beer & burgers?

5 minutes ago, Col said:

Surely the cost of fuel for the tractor racing out weighs the pittance gained from beer & burgers?

Have you checked out Buster’s prices ? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Generally I disagree with those moaning about track grading. After all what is more important than trying to maintain a surface that has a chance if producing what fans want - exciting racing

Last night did seem excessive. I would say that where that much work is intended more equipment is needed in order to do the work in less time

That said we were rewarded with a number of great battles last night and a very decent race meeting

Yeah can’t disagree that the track was mint and good racing all night, just thought the grading was excessive and the racing could’ve been just as good without nearly as many laps of the tractors! A long way home from Lynn on a Monday night and imo with little stoppages for crashes etc could’ve been home for 11pm rather than 11.40pm and seen just as good a meeting!

having seen bomber ride Lynn a few times now in the World Cup and now get a max for us it’s seems mad to me that busters never had him in a Lynn team!? Seems to love the place

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Have you checked out Buster’s prices ? :D

No.  I have never been to Saddlebow Road or the Adrian Flux Arena :) And I tend to avoid stadium food where possible at all stadiums, vastly over priced and usually rubbish.  The same can usually be said for beer.  At the end of the day it's a week night, most people will have work the next day, so they're not going to be drinking allot and if people have no choice but to eat stadium food they'll have done so as soon as they get there surely.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

One comes to expect that at Lynn.  Point of interest last night was, of the 4 meetings on, all were finished 20mins  quicker than Lynn.   Just another example of our long drawn out meetings..    Probably had we 've won the fans would been more happier,  but to be beaten by a 2 man team on our home track is not good, especially when the ole man of British Speedway beat the star men of the English team  from the back...……. Twice.

Not good !!  :nono: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

You must have all grasped by now that the tractor racing is, in fact, a kind of meditation for Buster, or therapy to allow him to recover from the stresses of controlling UK speedway - saving it ( some say ) from extinction. All of that comes at a cost and I don't mean of the financial kind. It is a mental battle dealing with all of the suspicious snipings and the only place Buster can refresh himself is behind the tractor wheel, The laps fly by and he is far removed from all of the horridness that speedway encompasses for him. And as we know the opinion of fans is also far from his mind ( in fact when out there "improving " the track those opinions are not in his mind at all ).

Now that made me laugh, very clever......until you realise it's probably true:D

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

One comes to expect that at Lynn.  Point of interest last night was, of the 4 meetings on, all were finished 20mins  quicker than Lynn.   Just another example of our long drawn out meetings..    Probably had we 've won the fans would been more happier,  but to be beaten by a 2 man team on our home track is not good, especially when the ole man of British Speedway beat the star men of the English team  from the back...……. Twice.

Not good !!  :nono: 

It was a draw :)

• Like 1