British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Ipswich 17/06/2019

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Typical Webbo to get something factually incorrect in his post and have a little dig at Robert Lambert too. All boxes ticked :D

In terms of keeping his captive audience in for as long as possible, that’s great for Buster until some of those audience stop going as they are fed up with getting home so late, then it becomes counter productive.

On a positive note good to hear the racing was decent. 

And that’s the exact reason we stopped going not the only reason admittedly but the main reason- the late finishing of meetings and lack of urgency to complete the meetings was the main reason - as I’ve said before for us 7-30 start would be far better  

sorry if I’ve said all this before and I’m not wishing to be accused of being negative 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

Haza it does seem positivity negative

There you go - I was replying to Bagpuss post he bought the subject up not me 

4 hours ago, castrolargh said:

1 good race, heat 15.Up to the interval it was dire.  hole on bends 1 and 2 caused problems and bends 3 and 4 cookie especially struggled on. Bomber looked superb and should have ridden at #5 for the witches , putting him in heat 13 which could have won them the match.Far too much tractor racing and far too drawn out 

Hole on bend 1/2?Didn't see that.Cookie said the track was a bit different to last week.I would say a bit grippier hence the fast times.And he said he struggled,but once it slickened off a bit he was back to his best.He is getting last seasons frames back for next week as i think he said they are a little more forgiving than the ones he is riding this season.The ones he rides at present are good for a majority of tracks as most tracks are slicker(his words).There was some good racing,but probably we as Lynn fans don't see it as we didn't get the result we had wanted.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Are people doing this on purpose? Or are those up Norfolk way simply not the sharpest tools in the box?

Ill go for the latter :P

Edit: Tellboy excepted :D

I'm exempt anyway,i live in Wisbech Cambridgeshire,although i'm about 100 yards away from the Norfolk border:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Typical Webbo to get something factually incorrect in his post and have a little dig at Robert Lambert too. All boxes ticked :D

In terms of keeping his captive audience in for as long as possible, that’s great for Buster until some of those audience stop going as they are fed up with getting home so late, then it becomes counter productive.

On a positive note good to hear the racing was decent. 

On que, you are always there to give your two-pennies worth in whatever I post.     Factually incorrect?  depends which way you look at it.   We didn't win anything,  we actually lost 2 points against our dearest rivals which makes it even worse.  The fact the track was crap again and only 2 Witches riders could ride it says more about the Stars than anything else.  I wouldn't mind losing had the racing been good.     I sat in the Royal Box following the Poole match on me phone.    Their match weren't much better, but it finished much earlier .   Lynn still had 4 races to run when the Poole match finished 

Also, I'm sorry,  I wasn't aware we are not allowed to post adverse comments, I wasn't digging at Robert in particular  but if the cap fits.....  so be it... 

Mr Webb, you know that us critics have so many more critics because we criticise often ( usually quite fairly ) and some characters are SO Beloved ( by one or two at Saddlebow Road ) that we get even more stick, should we criticise them, even if by accident. Even I didn't pick up on the fact that you might have slighted "my" Robert!

Gordon Bennett,here we go;)

36 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Gordon Bennett,here we go;)

Who’s he :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, g13webb said:

One comes to expect that at Lynn.  Point of interest last night was, of the 4 meetings on, all were finished 20mins  quicker than Lynn.   Just another example of our long drawn out meetings..    Probably had we 've won the fans would been more happier,  but to be beaten by a 2 man team on our home track is not good, especially when the ole man of British Speedway beat the star men of the English team  from the back...……. Twice.

Not good !!  :nono: 

It’s there in black and white, you stated we’d been beaten. Don’t be afraid to admit that you got it wrong, we all do sometimes. You look more silly when you try and cover it up :D

As for the other bit, I got it wrong to be fair, you didn’t say star man but star men. So really you’ve managed to have a pop at all three of them....Lambert and Cook for being beaten by the ‘old man’ and disrespecting Harris by insinuating he shouldn’t be able to beat them when he is perfectly capable on his day. 

Bravo sir :icon_smile_clown: :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, First Bend Bunching said:

New signing:party:

No, no that's Gordon Kennett:lol:

What a boring bunch of fans the Kings Lynn lot are.  The Ipswich crowd were giving it large, but nothing back from the stars, booo. 

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

What a boring bunch of fans the Kings Lynn lot are.  The Ipswich crowd were giving it large, but nothing back from the stars, booo. 

Of course u were 'giving it large' it was a good result for you .... Pretty sure we were 'giving it large' when things were going our way?

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

Of course u were 'giving it large' it was a good result for you .... Pretty sure we were 'giving it large' when things were going our way?

Only if you call some polite applause and the odd muffled shout giving it large :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thecatalyst said:

Norfolk Born and Norfolk Bred - we are ( me too) and proud of it. No noisy squit like the Ispwich s**ts. Get Back Underground!