Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Ipswich 17/06/2019

About last night. For me the track was very poor leading to poor races on the whole barring Heat 15 and maybe 14.Lynn went 8 pts up but nearly all of our riders couldn't ride the track. For Ipswich only Heeps and Harris could and the rest of their team was awful. Very disappointed to lose against a 2 man team but the league table doesn't lie. Need to improve the track and the team dramatically!! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was a draw :)

A home draw is a loss of points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Lynn weren’t “beaten” at home, which is what he said. 

It was a draw. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, waytogo28 said:

It's a draw end of,Arch Stanton totally correct:blink:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nicojbutts said:

About last night. For me the track was very poor leading to poor races on the whole barring Heat 15 and maybe 14.Lynn went 8 pts up but nearly all of our riders couldn't ride the track. For Ipswich only Heeps and Harris could and the rest of their team was awful. Very disappointed to lose against a 2 man team but the league table doesn't lie. Need to improve the track and the team dramatically!! 

Are people doing this on purpose? Or are those up Norfolk way simply not the sharpest tools in the box?

Ill go for the latter :P

Edit: Tellboy excepted :D

Edited by Arch Stanton

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Oh and one other thing,, full credit to taps,, beerhut, mini beerhut and pob for making some awsome noise tonight,,, awsome stuff fellas. 

I'm paying for it today mind.... :D

If only more people would get horny :rofl:

Might have a problem with Taps bell end as it broke in the after meeting celebrations :shock:

Up the Witches 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, nicojbutts said:

So the 2 man Witches managed a draw against a 7 man Stars team... :blink:

Just think what will happen in the B fixture when the Witches turn up with a 3 rider team... actually don't bother as it will be a 7 man Witches team be then....

:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

You must have all grasped by now that the tractor racing is, in fact, a kind of meditation for Buster, or therapy to allow him to recover from the stresses of controlling UK speedway - saving it ( some say ) from extinction. All of that comes at a cost and I don't mean of the financial kind. It is a mental battle dealing with all of the suspicious snipings and the only place Buster can refresh himself is behind the tractor wheel, The laps fly by and he is far removed from all of the horridness that speedway encompasses for him. And as we know the opinion of fans is also far from his mind ( in fact when out there "improving " the track those opinions are not in his mind at all ).

Someone else said - due to the poor quality of racing ( and the tractor therapy for the boss ) "it’s once in s blue moon at Lynn for me as it just doesn’t feel worth £18. It’s a pity as I hardly missed a meeting for thirty odd years." And since the creation of the track for me I hardly missed a match - it was my beloved " Oh Yes!" place. Last night I preferred to watch the Live TV match ( which was appalling 3/10 ). That match at Poole showed clearly why it better not to show UK league racing on TV as it puts people off from going to see it in the stadium. That's what it does for me, except when it's from the NSS.

I’ve given you a like for that post on the assumption you meant to say - “except when it’s from the NSS or Eoes”:wink:

Typical Webbo to get something factually incorrect in his post and have a little dig at Robert Lambert too. All boxes ticked :D

In terms of keeping his captive audience in for as long as possible, that’s great for Buster until some of those audience stop going as they are fed up with getting home so late, then it becomes counter productive.

On a positive note good to hear the racing was decent. 

• Like 2

1 good race, heat 15.Up to the interval it was dire.  hole on bends 1 and 2 caused problems and bends 3 and 4 cookie especially struggled on. Bomber looked superb and should have ridden at #5 for the witches , putting him in heat 13 which could have won them the match.Far too much tractor racing and far too drawn out 

48 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

I'm paying for it today mind.... :D

If only more people would get horny :rofl:

Might have a problem with Taps bell end as it broke in the after meeting celebrations :shock:

Up the Witches 

My bell end will be in full working order for Thursday :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My bell end will be in full working order for Thursday :D

Good chance you will sitting on your own then, apart from your 'special friends' :wink: 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Good chance you will sitting on your own then, apart from your 'special friends' :wink: 

I take it you have seen photographic evidence of just how special his friends are.  

A fine collection of very special people

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

We have been known to cause a few knitting zombies to choose a different seating area :lol:

• Like 1