British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TigerAl

Scunthorpe Vs Sheffield 21st June Championship

Second meeting at EWR for the Scorpions and the Tigers. Can the patched up Scorps win for the second time this season against the not quite firing Tigers?

A lot will depend on who guests for Scunny or who is fit to return.

Obviously, I hope for a Tigers win.

I would think Garrity will still be missing, Allen hoping to be back for the 4's on Sunday so don't think he will be available as we have meeting at Eastbourne on Saturday as well. Ayres should be back plus a guest at reserve. Worrall & Douglas for top 2 out & Rowe as reserve. 

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I would think Garrity will still be missing, Allen hoping to be back for the 4's on Sunday so don't think he will be available as we have meeting at Eastbourne on Saturday as well. Ayres should be back plus a guest at reserve. Worrall & Douglas for top 2 out & Rowe as reserve. 

With Somerset riding away at Glasgow, it wont be Rowe

16 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

With Somerset riding away at Glasgow, it wont be Rowe

Damn. Didn't see that before.

In over a month of zero action at the EWR it beggars belief that we have not sorted out the replacement for Josh Bailey ? I get it that its all about finding someone to fit into the overall averages. But does it not show up completely the ridiculous nature of team averages in a sport that has precious few available competitors who can do a job and yet some of them are left on the sidelines for 0.20 of a point of something daft ?. I know whoever it was we signed would not have ridden for us as it turns out but with a blank fixture schedule in the interim to be calling up guests is bonkers ?. Also with Garrity ? surely there comes a point where we make a decision in the short to medium term interests of the club ?. This all said if its Steve Worrall and Ryan in on Friday that's something good out of the mess at least.

Edited by the outsider

I think the reason that we have not replaced Bailey boils down to a new ruling that teams that have not started too well, there is an increase for team building from 38 to 40 from 1st July. Most teams should increase from 38 because of the race format but at the moment we stand at 37.58 during June & as far as I am aware, only our away meeting at Sheffield should alter our team averages. Therefore, at the moment we have 2.42 + 2.90(Bailey's average) + or - any changes in averages from June to July. Whether this means 1 change or 2 depending on how long Garrity is out for. A rider change of around 5.3 for Bailey is worth waiting for.

• Like 2

Decent guests should be a cracking meeting.

Bet Howarth has miraculously remembered how to ride the EWR too.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I think the reason that we have not replaced Bailey boils down to a new ruling that teams that have not started too well, there is an increase for team building from 38 to 40 from 1st July. Most teams should increase from 38 because of the race format but at the moment we stand at 37.58 during June & as far as I am aware, only our away meeting at Sheffield should alter our team averages. Therefore, at the moment we have 2.42 + 2.90(Bailey's average) + or - any changes in averages from June to July. Whether this means 1 change or 2 depending on how long Garrity is out for. A rider change of around 5.3 for Bailey is worth waiting for.

So if we have approx 5.2 pts come July 1st  here is my list of hopefuls 

Don't know if all are available? So here goes 

Mark Riss

Jonas Jepson 

Zach watjenech

Emil Grondal

Jan Graverson

Mikkel b Anderson

Michael Hartel

11 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

So if we have approx 5.2 pts come July 1st  here is my list of hopefuls 

Don't know if all are available? So here goes 

Mark Riss

Jonas Jepson 

Zach watjenech

Emil Grondal

Jan Graverson

Mikkel b Anderson

Michael Hartel

Crikey and the word "hopefuls" included too. With the exception of Waj who will return to the form of old once his speedway break is over and Jeppesen  the rest have tried failed and tried again plus some would cost the club far too much. I suspect more realistic signings will be Kasper Andersen or Wilko