British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TigerAl

Scunthorpe Vs Sheffield 21st June Championship

Well that was a pasting.josh auty was excellent entertainment.His races with howarth were quality.Zaines crash was a bad one,lifting coming off bend 4 and trying to get off the bike but unable too before smashing into the fence.Hope his injuries aren't going to be too bad and he's back soon.Nicol deserved more than 5 points for his efforts.Josh McDonald was impressive and deserved his good win .Howarths bike looked tired,drew looks way down on power and confidence ,King won a couple and Proctor looks a shadow of the rider he was.Quite a few races won from the gate.Deserved win for Scunthorpe.Dont know where we go from here,track up for sale and poor performances.Will we be bothering to make any changes or let the season fizzle out ????

• Like 1

Fantastic meeting... takes two sides to make a good meeting. Auty was in great form..plus some inspired guest bookings got Scunny a fine win.

Kennedys crash was awful, lifting and hitting the home straight fence at a horrible speed and at such an angle...how he got away with what seems like just minor injuries seems like a gift from god.. it was a sickening crash. Hope he doesn't feel too badly beaten up in the morning.

Auty won some classic duels with Howarth, worth the admission alone...  Aarnio v Howarth wasn't too bad either!

Perhaps you could say Sheffield under performed tonight... However Scunny well deserved the win...  but with racing of that quality,  everyone's a winner.

• Like 1

Drew Kemp: -> Seems to be low on confidence and under powered, however i do rate him very highly and when everything "clicks" he will be a force.

Ty Proctor: -> Frustrating me a lot now. Only seems to be happy when he is riding for Lynn.

Kyle Howarth: -> ????

A brilliant meeting!  I hope Zain is not badly injured. The accident happened in front of where I was seated, looked nasty!  Well done all riders, it certainly was an enjoyable meeting. 

Firstly best wishes to Zaine Kennedy,if he got away with that hes a lucky lucky kid

what a fanastic meeting,scoreline doesnt really show how close the racing was and both teams having a go

Auty was simply outstanding and i just hope he never learns to gate,

Got to give credit to Howarth,he didnt put a food wrong all night but didnt get the points he deserved,he just happened to come up against Auty 3 times

10 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Ty Proctor: -> Frustrating me a lot now. Only seems to be happy when he is riding for Lynn.

And there some - me for one - who are unhappy when he rides for Lynn

3 hours ago, montie said:

Firstly best wishes to Zaine Kennedy,if he got away with that hes a lucky lucky kid

what a fanastic meeting,scoreline doesnt really show how close the racing was and both teams having a go

Auty was simply outstanding and i just hope he never learns to gate,

Got to give credit to Howarth,he didnt put a food wrong all night but didnt get the points he deserved,he just happened to come up against Auty 3 times

Why can't Josh get it together away? he must be averaging ten plus at home in the last two seasons.A shame he does not get a chance at Belle Vue because at his best he is very good around there A  terrific racetrack and it is not a coincidence that with Scunny both are brilliant racetracks  for real racers to have a go on.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Best wishes to Zaine with what looked like a bad one having been throw, what looked like, 6 foot in the air.

I expected a tight meeting & even though the score does not reflect this, the racing certainly did. Credit to all riders for giving it a go but, also, being fair & leaving room, just, for racing at its best. Who would not be entertained by that whether you won or lost.  

• Thanks 1

scrolling down replies

Where was this? ................................. Best race track in country!

Your set up was wrong .......................LOL

Blue groove & slick from the off!

19 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

scrolling down replies

Where was this? ................................. Best race track in country!

Your set up was wrong .......................LOL

Blue groove & slick from the off!

Thats deeply concerning. Given that the tyre was peeling away its very fortunate to have not blown the tube somewhere. Perhaps feelings like Kyles reflect why Sheffield are having such a poor home season and why fans are walking/staying away.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thats deeply concerning. Given that the tyre was peeling away its very fortunate to have not blown the tube somewhere. Perhaps feelings like Kyles reflect why Sheffield are having such a poor home season and why fans are walking/staying away.

Eh?  He tweeted that after Friday's meeting at Scunthorpe!!

9 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

Eh?  He tweeted that after Friday's meeting at Scunthorpe!!

Doooh!. To make it worse i scrolled to the top of the thread to check!.