British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Leicester 22nd June @ 7pm

42 minutes ago, topsoil said:

It's had a negative effect, but I can't see any other option they had. Sponsorship was difficult to attract, costs have been cut, even the riders took a pay reduction. You could take the radical step of reducing admission in the hope that there is a significant increase in crowds, but it is a hell of a gamble when you have already lost a lot of money.

It’s a worrying situation and not just a Berwick problem 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark said:

the shape of the track does not lend itself to good racing.      very fast straights and then scrub the speed off to go round a tight left hand corner.    all tracks around a football pitch are the same.

There was some quality racing when  the likes of complin and clews raced , so your argument is mute 

• Like 1

Just now, Tellitasitis said:

It’s a worrying situation and not just a Berwick problem 

Sheffield for sale says it all 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, topsoil said:

The problem in a nutshell

Just one of the problems Imo. There has been racing around Shielfield for approx 30 years and was well supported for a lot of them ,the sportitself is the main problem ,not addressing the issues that were  arising when they were happening.Berwick is one of many Teams with low crowd issues.

10 hours ago, emilali said:

Thank god theres live speedway on every week. Thrilling action with every turn of the wheel.

I enjoy it thanks for your humble opinion, zzzzz 

10 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Even with the reduced limit again for 2019. Why consistently year after year are Berwick  Speedway falling short? Like or loathe the governing bodies, they give clubs like Berwick a fantastic opportunity to be competitive every winter.

Why again do we have no real top end strength? Why have the club raised admission fees significantly for 2019 yet the management still persist with certain riders who have little to no improvement in them?

Nothing wrong with mediocrity but if this continues I don't forsee attendances improving at £17 a pop.

Flash the cash then my friend 

9 minutes ago, penchev said:

There was some quality racing when  the likes of complin and clews raced , so your argument is mute 

The potential for a good racing circuit is there World Under 21 was a classic example a fantastic meeting possibly the best at Berwick? Why can’t we have the track like that all the time ?

• Like 2

Wasn't a great meeting virtually no passing (as I was texting to updates site didn't have to much to remember) When is Shads back!!!!!! 

To be honest the shape of the track argument has been debated many times on this forum, the track size or shape is not going to change so we have get on with what we have. But it would be untrue to say we don't get good racing with the current shape but we don't get it on anything like a regular bases that must come back to track prep in the days leading up to a meeting.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

The potential for a good racing circuit is there World Under 21 was a classic example a fantastic meeting possibly the best at Berwick? Why can’t we have the track like that all the time ?

Some fantastic riders in the field that night who could go on to become world champion in the next 10-15 years

• Like 1

Does anyone know how much was raised for young Sam last night? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Does anyone know how much was raised for young Sam last night? 

Just over a thousand I think 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Just over a thousand I think 

Thats a great effort, maybe the club could've included the finishing total either in their report on last nights match or they post it on the clubs Facebook page

• Like 2

lester seem too be combative at all tracks, not many weak links, side to beat.