British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Leicester 22nd June @ 7pm

15 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Even with the reduced limit again for 2019. Why consistently year after year are Berwick  Speedway falling short? Like or loathe the governing bodies, they give clubs like Berwick a fantastic opportunity to be competitive every winter.

Why again do we have no real top end strength? Why have the club raised admission fees significantly for 2019 yet the management still persist with certain riders who have little to no improvement in them?

Nothing wrong with mediocrity but if this continues I don't forsee attendances improving at £17 a pop.

how can you comment you have never been for 5 years mmmmmmmmm

5 minutes ago, bjcol said:

how can you comment you have never been for 5 years mmmmmmmmm

I’ve never been to Westminster but I’m allowed to have say on who goes there  

6 hours ago, penchev said:

I enjoy it thanks for your humble opinion, zzzzz 

You’d enjoy it if 4 aliens went round the track on bobsleighs and they told you it was speedway. 

1 hour ago, emilali said:

You’d enjoy it if 4 aliens went round the track on bobsleighs and they told you it was speedway. 

Pitch that idea to The BSPA they will give you a prize 

2 hours ago, emilali said:

Yes and ET is my favourite film 

AWAY FANS VIEW 

As one of the "Berwick Twelve" Lions fans I have to say Berwick remains my favourite away venue. Its not just because of Robert Smiths down the road either. I though this could be the meeting where the team could loose by ten points but I was proved wrong.  Now granted, I have not been up while in a different division but you still have a clean and tidy stadium. I don't remember the slope going into the third bend being so big in previous visits. The thing that surprised me was that the track looked slick on the inside and to heavy on the outside early doors. Is it always prepped like that? Also your water truck appears to do a better job of cleaning the air fence rather than watering the track, Racing improved as they tried to drag some of the dirt down from the fence. I think the difference was the Lions were gating and rode a decent line. 

We have surprised a number of teams this season and if it carried on like it started we will win more away this season than in the previous eight seasons combined!

Remember you still have a team to support and every club should have a black & gold club! Thanks for a cracking night out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

AWAY FANS VIEW 

As one of the "Berwick Twelve" Lions fans I have to say Berwick remains my favourite away venue. Its not just because of Robert Smiths down the road either. I though this could be the meeting where the team could loose by ten points but I was proved wrong.  Now granted, I have not been up while in a different division but you still have a clean and tidy stadium. I don't remember the slope going into the third bend being so big in previous visits. The thing that surprised me was that the track looked slick on the inside and to heavy on the outside early doors. Is it always prepped like that? Also your water truck appears to do a better job of cleaning the air fence rather than watering the track, Racing improved as they tried to drag some of the dirt down from the fence. I think the difference was the Lions were gating and rode a decent line. 

We have surprised a number of teams this season and if it carried on like it started we will win more away this season than in the previous eight seasons combined!

Remember you still have a team to support and every club should have a black & gold club! Thanks for a cracking night out.

The roast beef rolls in the Black & Gold were superb :t:

1 hour ago, W9 Lion said:

AWAY FANS VIEW 

Sadly that is how the track has been prepared most of the time, slick on the inside knee deep against the fence, one racing line around the middle. If you are first out of the gate stay in the middle, race won.  In short Berwick track at heat 1 is the same as most tracks after heat 15

• Like 2

Guest Loose Diamond
5 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

AWAY FANS VIEW 

Yes. Nearly always prepared this way. Until Newcastle go there. Then it's different. Gaters paradise every time I've been. Gate and your gone. Miss it and your quarter of a lap behind. With certain members of my team Newcastle missing the starts is simple.

On 6/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Nearly always prepared this way. Until Newcastle go there. Then it's different. Gaters paradise every time I've been. Gate and your gone. Miss it and your quarter of a lap behind. With certain members of my team Newcastle missing the starts is simple.

What you on about? Hahahaha? It’s the same every week, awful racing, no passing, not just when Newcastle come, as if we would care about you lot enough to change the track? Only time we get good racing is down to individual riders with big cojones nothing to do with the track.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What you on about? Hahahaha? It’s the same every week, awful racing, no passing, not just when Newcastle come, as if we would care about you lot enough to change the track? Only time we get good racing is down to individual riders with big cojones nothing to do with the track.

Really?? I've been before when other teams have been racing track has been ok. You say why would Berwick be worried about us? Probably because you don't want to lose at home against Newcastle. With the way Newcastle are at the moment that is a bit of a slim chance. Generally to me always seems to be over watered when we are there.

20 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Really?? I've been before when other teams have been racing track has been ok. You say why would Berwick be worried about us? Probably because you don't want to lose at home against Newcastle. With the way Newcastle are at the moment that is a bit of a slim chance. Generally to me always seems to be over watered when we are there.

That is due to the weather & not any shenanigans by the promotion.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Gringo said:

That is due to the weather & not any shenanigans by the promotion.

What if it has not been raining??

7 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

What if it has not been raining??

not the only reason for track prep to be different - whether there's been a football match, the odd occasion that Berwick finds itself in a heatwave. Not everyone's like newcastle and just throws a bit of water on last week's shale ten minutes before start time you know :rofl: